Most exciting aspect of Episode III

What fragment of upcoming Episode III is already driving you crazy?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. What fragment of upcoming Episode III is already driving you crazy?

• Coruscant Sky Battle
    • Buzz Droids
    • General Grievous
    • Utapau Chase
    • Massacre in Jedi Temple
    • Obiwan - Anakin lightsaber duel
    • Luke and Leia birth
    • Wookie Uprising
    • Appearance of Darth Vader

There was a scene or two with those lame-o banking clan or techno-organic union goofs, so you never know :ermm:

Oh no. i can see it now.....

STAR WARS EPISODE III

The Revenge Of The Sith

It is a dark time for the Republic ,projected Government

profits for the fiscal year have proven to have been

markedly overstated. As a result income tax

will increase by 1.5% per head and the

C3PO won't be able to afford a new golden shin for

his right leg. It was pawned by ANAKIN SKYWALKER

to pay for repairs to his bedroom after a tantrum

he had last week over how nothing ever went his way.

OBI WAN KENOBI, Jedi Master, and Anakins

mentor, has been unable to afford a decent

haircut in weeks; and has taken to sporting a

natty beard in the hope of scrounging some

credits while busking on the Coruscant Underground

Meanwhile, MACE WINDU has embarked on a

personal quest to seek the truth behind SENATOR PALPATINES

increased dutytax on the Big Banthapoodoo Burger.

Unbeknownst to the JEDI, Senator Palpatine

has been creaming the profits to buy himself a pimped up

Personal Skiff with Bantha leather seats and wookie fur

steering wheel, and bearing the window sticker,

'Honk if you like it Darksyde'.

The Saga continues as YODA arrives on Tattooine

accompanied by JAR JAR BINKS, intent on pimping the

Gungan out to JABBA THE HUT

Oh yeah, and theres some war going on.

:D

manthing2.jpg

I have the first part of the Ep3 comic book. Its difficult to decide if Ill read it now or save it, if i read it now the film is spoiled. But if I see the film first, reading the comic will be pointless.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I have the first part of the Ep3 comic book. Its difficult to decide if Ill read it now or save it, if i read it now the film is spoiled. But if I see the film first, reading the comic will be pointless.

Hmmmm. honestly. I'd wait for the film if I was you, cos in the end Star Wars is about the films, everything else is secondary.

Must be difficult though.

I feel your pain in a way, I bought World of Warcraft a month ago and its sat on my shelf in the wrapper cos I am not opening it till I have all my coursework out of the way. That's been an effort of will, i can tell you.

'Tis kinda the same probelem with the freakin' Ep.III game! :-

I'm kinda sorta holding out on Star Wars Lego for that reason as well...though that decision is poised to change! (w00t)

manthing2.jpg

I gave in and skimmed a few pages. Self-discipline isnt my thing.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Which is why I'm debating whether to purchase the Ep.3 novelization or not. On one hand, I have nothing else to read currently and am curious how things turn out. On the other hand, all the surprises won't be surprising when I watch the movie.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Which is why I'm debating whether to purchase the Ep.3 novelization or not.  On one hand, I have nothing else to read currently and am curious how things turn out.  On the other hand, all the surprises won't be surprising when I watch the movie.

[Persuade] Come on Ghostie: It's Matthew Stover - the Shatterpoint man! (w00t) And besides, do you want to be the only Star Wars nerd without every released novel in their collection? Didn't think so!

But seriously, there's just stuff in a novel you can't get in the Movie (though the reverse is also true), such as exposition of emotions etc. To compromise, I think I'll read the book *after* watching the movie...yeah, I think that's what I'll do. :cool:

manthing2.jpg

But seriously, there's just stuff in a novel you can't get in the Movie (though the reverse is also true), such as exposition of emotions etc.  To compromise, I think I'll read the book *after* watching the movie...yeah, I think that's what I'll do.  :cool:

But the problem is if I see the movie, I won't want to read the book.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

But the problem is if I see the movie, I won't want to read the book.

I know it sounds lame in theory, but it's not really that bad. If you go back an read the OT novelizations for example, you'll still find it enjoyable - the stuff it tells you going though the characters heads and whatnot really is worth it:

E.g. - The deliver of Anakin Skywalker's redemption in the RotJ novel was probably superior to that of movie. :cool:

manthing2.jpg

I'm kinda sorta holding out on Star Wars Lego for that reason as well...though that decision is poised to change!  (w00t)

LEGO® Star Wars doesn't contain major EP3 spoilers. At least nothing you don't already know. I don't think you will be surprised more than twice by that game. At least, I wasn't. :)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Skywalker is important, but the theme of the story is what's usually really important. Obi-Wan does not kick 'ass' as you say, but he wins his battles and only one I can think of off the top of my head in which he gets defeated.

As for Anakin losing his head -- that's losing, okay? Do you understand how retarded that sounds when you're discussing a fight and who wins and you use a ****ty excuse like making a mistake or losing your head? That Obi-Wan can inflict that -- that Obi-Wan can cause that is a strength, idiot. Obi-Wan isn't my favourite character but he wins, and his role in the whole entire ****ing series is that despite being less-skilled and out-classed half the time when dealing with fighting, he still wins because he's true to the Light Side of the Force and it doesn't fail him.

Anakin. Is. The. Worst. Character. Ever. I don't criticise George Lucas often because I like what he does for kids but Anakin is the epitomy of a two-dimensional character. The wanting, the constant wanting is all we get and when he loses to Obi-Wan, there will be a lot of people who are happy that Anakin loses -- keyword loses. It doesn't matter how you won, its the fact that you won, and let me say it again -- Obi-Wan wins. A lot.

To the theme --> its a saga in which the Skywalkers are a dominant influence in what happens in the galaxy but realise this: its through them that we get the theme, the thing we walk away with -- or morals or whatever you want to call them -- that is important. Some things are just story-telling but even Lord of the Rings had a really good theme in which the weak or lesser men can make a difference.

Saying its just destiny is lame but do what you will -- Anakin could have been Vader without getting defeated by Obi-Wan; its a title beqeathed unto each Sith Lord -- The Darth Title -- and we can see from the trailer that Anakin is still quite 'himself' when he does the massacre of the Jedi Temple.

Anyone get the funny feeling that this is directed towards me? :-

Anyways, I wasn't attacking your point of view, but since you've attacked me it's on. First off, this is a forum, where people discuss "Star Wars" in this case, and it's not some presidential or political election where you have to sell your point to others, especially while doing it in a manner that is juvenille....idiot? retarded? lame? suddenly I feel as if I'm in 5th grade again. You my friend have self-proclaimed a title upon yourself for your ignorance and rudeness...you are the Forum Ranting Whore. And let's just say that you get around, trust me, Nur Ab Sal told me everything...and he heard it from Topaz...

And back to the discussion at hand....

I never said that Anakin didn't lose, I never said that obi wan never won...

I said...and read close this time because my patience runs thin with the weak minded and fools....

"The fight will be close for awhile, until anakin makes a mistake when he loses his cool, he is new to the darkside you know...and obi wan will capitalize on it and win the fight"

In that, I never said Anakin doesn't lose...I said he doesn't get his ass kicked, he just gets beat...and Obi doesn't own him, he gets a lucky shot....

Destiny is lame you say? Then why does the theme of destiny surrounding the redemption of Vader support the entire Old Trilogy....Yoda and Obi-wan go on about the force and destiny the whole time man...u just need to accept Star Wars for what it is, and get the misconceptions and the pre-conceptions of what u think Star Wars should be, out of your head.

Anakin Skywalker was the most gifted, and potentially powerful Jedi of all time. He was the chosen one...and with the new crap lucas threw at us...he had the highest midichloran count ever, higher than yodas...these are the facts....

If Anakin would have stayed true to the light, like Obi wan always have...Anakin would have been able to defeat Sidious in a fight...but as it turned out Anakin's destiny had other plans...the way that it unfolded was that....

Anakin was seduced to the darkside....destroyed the jedi, and in the process almost destroyed himself...obi wan bested anakin in the duel as we all know and now Anakin needed the suite to survive....Anakin was Vader before the suit of course, but in my earlier thread I just meant that Anakin was destined to become vader, as in Anakin was destined to rely on the suit....the suit, in my opinion limited his ability to an extent...and until we see the movie we wont know all the details of that....one way or another this is how it went down...Anakin also got busy with padme in the process who dished out two twins, and one of them, Luke, was able to become a Jedi and change something inside of Vader...

Luke and Vader fought and Luke in a moment of rage bested Vader but refused to kill him and he turned back to the light, claiming he was a jedi, like his father before him....this got the emperor mad as we all know and luke couldnt do **** about it and the emperor nearly killed him until Vader...now a redeemed Anakin Skywalker (in the suit haha) had enough and threw the emperor off and killed his master, and in the process killed himself...but he held true to the proficy...he was the one who killed the emperor, the chosen one, he needed his sons help to inspire him, but luke in no means was the chosen one like some ppl try to theorize about.

So in all of this rambling of mine.....Anakin is a good character in my opinion, and could have taken obi wan if he was as patient and experienced in years, rather than raw talent....Anakin was much more powerful than obi wan, but its just like comparing book smarts, anakin, to street smarts, obi wan...

u get in a fight and street smarts usually helps a bit more than what u've been reading up on, ya dig

Obi wan does win alot, but in conclusion it's not because he's great and owns his enemies...he's just smarter, usually....and it's all destiny as far as Lucas' writing goes.

And Anakin lost, but didnt get his ass kicked...

so read carefully before you talk ****, and embarass yourself, Lord Tarondor

I mean Lord Forum Ranting Whore...

theres no point in posting something that large.

Were it not for the fact that someone else edited them into the trailer, I'd be most looking forward to the subtitles in leet.

Windu:  You can hang with us, but we still think you're a n00b.

Anakin: WTF!!!???

Classic. :)

A shame they won't be present.

Where can I see it? Oh where?

Dont thank me, i know im good.

i've read parts of the "leaked" script and it is to my understanding (i don't know how reliable it is as it may just be the work of some fat nerd in his bedroom but it looked pretty legit)

Sidious just kills windu as he is superior, obi uses grevious's blaster mounted in his chest to kill him using the force to swivel it round, anakin kills dooku in cold blood after owning him, by decapitation

Sorry dude, thats bull :o

Sideous fights Mace and Mace gets thrown out the building, then Anakin goes down to finish him.

No Idea how Obi Wan faces Greivous...

Anakin does kill Dooku but not out of cold blood.

if you watch the epIII trailer then you will see obi-wan and grivious fighting with fists :)

i hope the scenes between anakin and padme aren't the badly acted cheesefest that totally wrecked the clone wars

ep 1 has jar jar, ep2 had that.... hopefully ep3 will be cheese free

Sorry to....''Break your heart'' hehehehe (you'll get it when you see this)

Were it not for the fact that someone else edited them into the trailer, I'd be most looking forward to the subtitles in leet.

Windu:  You can hang with us, but we still think you're a n00b.

Anakin: WTF!!!???

Classic. :sorcerer:

A shame they won't be present.

Where can I see it? Oh where?

Apologies for the lateness, but:

The Saga is comp|33+

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Stop TKing yUo Fagg0t!!!1!!010101

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/releas...tv_tragedy.html

Ive seen more "true emotion" on Days of our Lives... gah

Stop TKing yUo Fagg0t!!!1!!010101

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/releas...tv_tragedy.html

Ive seen more "true emotion" on Days of our Lives... gah

I agree, but cmon it's starwars, it's meant for the action not the drama....

cmon...old trilogy...a new hope...luke stuck in the trash

O 3PO.....where could he beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

wasn't much better than Dont you turn against me

I just saw George Lucas explain that "the prequels are about the tragedy of a good man falling to evil"

I would say its more about an increadibly annoying little whiny **** that ruins everything for everyone else.

Another scene I am looking forward to, that is no ton the list. Is when Yoda fights the Imperial Royal Guard (for those of you who are saying huh. The guys in the red suits) The IRG are awesome, I have their comics and played a pikeman for over 6 months on SWG because of this. I have been waiting forever to see them in action on th ebig screen. Imperial Royal Guard kicks butt!!!!!

Even though Yoda kicks the crap out of them

Another scene I am looking forward to, that is no ton the list.  Is when Yoda fights the Imperial Royal Guard (for those of you who are saying huh. The guys in the red suits)  The IRG are awesome, I have their comics and played a pikeman for over 6 months on SWG because of this.  I have been waiting forever to see them in action on th ebig screen.  Imperial  Royal Guard kicks butt!!!!!

Even though Yoda kicks the crap out of them

Except they are dressed in blue for the prequels and its not really much of a fight