Lucasarts site down?

I guess two people got banned.

But yeah, like the dude above me stated, you two should feel lucky that your braincells aren't vaporated on that collection of pre-teen angst forum.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Maybe you got banned.

I pretty much doubt that, not just because there is no reason for that - it's technically impossible, except they would ban the entire IP range my provider is using (that would be crazy and is not the case, because I know people using the same one who can still reach lucasarts.com - this provider uses dynamic IPs for their customers, each time you go online you have a different one). I thought it may be a problem with DNS resolving. But I'm not so sure anymore. :wub:

Edit:

I CAN reach lucasarts.com when using a proxy server! But _only_ this way... The moment I use a direct connection to the net it's over again. So the problem is most likely with my provider...

@Snow

Already tried using a proxy server when browsing to lucasarts.com?

Edited by Shalynn Lors

Maybe you got banned.

I pretty much doubt that, not just because there is no reason for that - it's technically impossible, except they would ban the entire IP range my provider is using (that would be crazy and is not the case, because I know people using the same one who can still reach lucasarts.com - this provider uses dynamic IPs for their customers, each time you go online you have a different one). I thought it may be a problem with DNS resolving. But I'm not so sure anymore. :p

call your ISP tech support and ask them for help, it sounds like either your incription(sp?) isn't up to date or maybe you need to release your IP and get a new one (both sometimes cause problems accessing sites). Above and beyond that the only thing I can think of is that you have a packet problem and need to ask your ISP is they have been having service problems in your area and what you can do to fix it (since it apprears to be on your end and not LA's). Also are either of you running a router? if so try dissconecting your router and then try connecting to LA and see if that helps sometimes if your router hasn't released your IP correctly or certin sockets are dying then it can cause problems. But if you can connect to the site once you have dissconnected your router try a hard power cycle of your router (dissconect it from the power for 5 min then reconnect to the computer and power) sometimes this will reset a lot of the problems with routers if this doesn't work you will need to contact the company that made your router and ask for help.

But as GOA and others have said I wouldn't be too concerned about not being able to connect to LA since they tend to be rather infantile.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Proxy access works but not well, it's slow and not all graphics are displayed. I couldn't care less about Lucasfarts' forums (though they can be good for comic relief, reminds me of WoW forums) but was checking their site for game updates. Of course, given the amazing official feedback so far (best customer support in the industry after all) I wouldn't hold my breath to see a patch at all, or at least not before Episode III. I'd say said support is about as great as the new movies, if not better... :p

And no, neither of us was banned, being banned doesn't keep you from reaching servers, it just keeps you from posting...

I agree, I too can't reach lucasarts.com since nearly two weeks now. And I did nothing, I did not even post anything.

Maybe I checked too often for updates of KotOR before I decided to check Obsidian's Website is much better?^^

And yes, starwars.com is down, too. Strange!

I agree, I too can't reach lucasarts.com since nearly two weeks now. And I did nothing, I did not even post anything.

Maybe I checked too often for updates of KotOR before I decided to check Obsidian's Website is much better?^^

And yes, starwars.com is down, too. Strange!

It's a bad router, ded2-g1-3-0.snfcca.sbcglobal.net [151.164.243.62]. My ISP said they can't do anything about it as it isn't one of theirs. Not much help... :thumbsup: