to all who prefer kotor 1 story

I adored Kotor 1 it's one of my best games. It had a good solid story with one of the best WOW revolutions. It had interesting chars with past to find out, it had many npc's, enought planets and quite well quests. What's not to like?

Okay it was at someplace clitche...but on one hand Star Wars galaxy is based on fairytales, it "has" to have some clithes. The good thing about Bioware is that they managed to create a full of life game.

Kotor 2? I believe (even without the cutted scenes) is better than Kotor 1. It is far more deep that the first. It gives far more dimention to the characters, even to Revan, and takes us on a "frightening" trip back to the wars and their consicensies(?). I love it. It's so....Gray. :D

Kotor 2? I believe (even without the cutted scenes) is better than Kotor 1. It is far more deep that the first. It gives far more dimention to the characters...

I prefer my deepness things in movies, not games. Games are supposed to be fun and KotOR 1 did a way better job of that.

How could you apply that to the characters? There were no character side quests, very odd character behaviour (Visas), half the options to explore characters are blocked by influence, and even then it doesn't really go anywhere.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I'm curious as to how you think Visas was odd? (dont forget to fill me in on whether you were LS/DS) I thought she was intruiging and a bit mysterious, but overall a wonderful character... with a lot of depth to her, even if you dont notice it at first. She was a great personification of one of the themes of the game (from my perspective at least) as well. I admit they probably could have handled her relationship with the exile a bit better, but thats nothing specific... its more a problem with how they brushed off the relationships at the end for -all- of the characters.

yes but the story line does have some changes between kotor 1 and kotor 2
what do you mean?

I prefer my deepness things in movies, not games.

Father to son : I prefer my deepness things in books, not movies. Movies are for fun.

:blink:

As for the chars. Yes, unfortunately(?!) there weren't sidequests for the npc's but they did have all a background, a story, their own agendas for fighting.

And for me (as i wrote in another thread) what was great that for the most part of the game you never felt actually safe with anyone of them. You could never know if anyone would stab your back anytime. (w00t) (w00t)

you never felt actually safe with anyone of them. You could never know if anyone would stab your back anytime.

(cough)...Visas...(cough)

I'm curious as to how you think Visas was odd?

From I'll destroy you to I want you is not odd?

From DS Servant to Very very very High LS (yep, that's me) instantly...

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

you never felt actually safe with anyone of them. You could never know if anyone would stab your back anytime.

(cough)...Visas...(cough)

I'm curious as to how you think Visas was odd?

From I'll destroy you to I want you is not odd?

From DS Servant to Very very very High LS (yep, that's me) instantly...

From my understanding of this character I didn't think it was odd at all, but I guess in retrospect if you weren't very fond of her character to begin with I can see why you think it was odd that she attacked you in the beginning.

Your entitled to your opinion :lol:

- Dan

you all still have to remember that the star wars films are "family films". They aren't supposed to have big "deeper meaning" stories.

Thus it will be hard to incorporate such a story into the KOTOR games when star wars as a concept is very simplistic in terms of story telling, so have some sympathy for the developers :D

Here's the question, EXACTLY why do people think K2 is so superior to K1? BOTH games have at their core a cliche plot:

Hero wakes up and has no clue about recent history, hero slowly discovers clues about his past and the past of the region, Hero has revelation of why he is like he is, hero has a final show down with a "boss" or series of "bosses".

Most of us consider K1 superior because it was a finished product, the worlds felt bigger and teaming with life because of the content, the sidequests. You shouldn't have to sort through the cut content that exists in the directories to get a true understanding of the plot.

I've seen a number of people say they understadn the plot, but go on how they listened to the sound files, watched the custscenes all of which were cut and can now understand the plot.

If K1 and K2 were to play a baseball game the scoreboard would look something like this:

K1 |1 1 1 1 1 1 3 1 1

K2 |1 1 2 3 1 1 1 0 0

This is a troll thread. It's entire purpose is to bash others, flame them, and label them as stupid. It is now reported.

P.S. It's one thing to state one's opinion about which KOTOR is your favorite and why. It's another to attack others' for having a different opinion. Why should bother replying to this and try toi debate the original post when they are alreayd labeled as stuoid whcih means their opinion is basically worthless to the OP.

Game over.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

On average thanks to everyone who is contributing to this thread - great conversation! For those who feel discomfort a/o have problems with any particular member's ability to post in a grammatical manner that is appropriate to one's academic experience, please keep in mind this is a forum that attracts members from around the world and, as a result, English may or may not be one's language of birth. Not only will I request respect and understanding, I will encourage people who have trouble in this regard to please refrain from posting in a manner that is hurtful to anyone who belongs to our community.

Respectfully,

Fionavar

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Given your poor spelling and grammar, as well as your obviously limited vocabulary, I'm not inclined to give your opinion any weight at all.  Why should I believe that you know what you're talking about if you don't know how to talk (figuratively speaking)?

Holy unfairness, Whystalker. Online I don't expect folks to be exactly astute in their grammatic -- heck, who is? Additionally, try to remember that non English speakers may be using the site.

I did consider the possibility that he isn't from an English speaking country, but based on the types of grammar and spelling mistakes he was making, I'm guessing that that's not the case. If I'm proven wrong I'll apologize, until then my opinion stands.