PC Gaming is not for me

Since I have both a PC and a console, does that mean I have a mobile home parked in front of my ocean view mansion?

...I'm starting a Trailer Park in the backyard of my Ocean View Mansion ( two consoles, PS2 and a Gamecube, and a PC )... :ermm:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Hey all - this is my first post. I've been lurking, and just couldn't resist responding to this.

I've been PC Gaming for over 10 years - my first game was Pool of Radiance for (gulp) DOS.

I just got my first console gaming system in February - I got the Xbox for a Valentine's Day present (OK, cat's out of the bag - I'm a geek! LOL).

For those who are over 30 and think they can't get laid if they have a console . . . I've got a girl friend who would LOVE to find a guy that likes to game!!!!! Doesn't matter if it's PC or console. If you think a woman's not interested in you just because you game, you're meeting the wrong women! :ermm:

By the way, I'm 41, and like I said, just got my first console. Have to admit, I prefer PC over console for single player - BG has a lot more depth to it on the PC than on a console platform. But I absolutely LOVE being able to sit down with my sweetie and indulge in hours of game play, and NOT be accussed of ignoring him!

Just my $.02.

Hey all - this is my first post.  I've been lurking, and just couldn't resist responding to this.

I've been PC Gaming for over 10 years - my first game was Pool of Radiance for (gulp) DOS.

I just got my first console gaming system in February - I got the Xbox for a Valentine's Day present (OK, cat's out of the bag - I'm a geek! LOL).

For those who are over 30 and think they can't get laid if they have a console . . . I've got a girl friend who would LOVE to find a guy that likes to game!!!!!  Doesn't matter if it's PC or console.  If you think a woman's not interested in you just because you game, you're meeting the wrong women!  :lol:

By the way, I'm 41, and like I said, just got my first console.  Have to admit, I prefer PC over console for single player - BG has a lot more depth to it on the PC than on a console platform.  But I absolutely LOVE being able to sit down with my sweetie and indulge in hours of game play, and NOT be accussed of ignoring him!

Just my $.02.

That was confusing (not your fault) the girlfriend thing threw me.

Yes BG does have a lot of depth to it. But when was the last time a PC had a game like BG ? Thats why I've switched to consoles. Blame my wife for getting me into it. But I can't say I have any regrets :ermm:

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Hey all - this is my first post.  I've been lurking, and just couldn't resist responding to this.

For those who are over 30 and think they can't get laid if they have a console . . . I've got a girl friend who would LOVE to find a guy that likes to game!!!!!  Doesn't matter if it's PC or console.  If you think a woman's not interested in you just because you game, you're meeting the wrong women!  :)

By the way, I'm 41, and like I said, just got my first console.  Have to admit, I prefer PC over console for single player - BG has a lot more depth to it on the PC than on a console platform.  But I absolutely LOVE being able to sit down with my sweetie and indulge in hours of game play, and NOT be accussed of ignoring him!

Just my $.02.

That was confusing (not your fault) the girlfriend thing threw me.

Yes BG does have a lot of depth to it. But when was the last time a PC had a game like BG ? Thats why I've switched to consoles. Blame my wife for getting me into it. But I can't say I have any regrets :lol:

Yeah - sorry - posted without really getting things set up. I used a space between "girl" and "friend" to try to make it clear that it was a friend of mine who was female - without using that many words! :D

You're right about no good new PC games - that's a lot of the reason I looked up Obsidian. I knew Feargus had started there after BIS died, and was really hoping he'd be able to continue the tradition of great games like BG, IWD, etc. for the PC. And I'm getting rather addicted to consoles now, too. I especially like being able to do multiplayer from the couch. :cool:

Yeah - sorry - posted without really getting things set up.  I used a space between "girl" and "friend" to try to make it clear that it was a friend of mine who was female - without using that many words!  :D

You're right about no good new PC games - that's a lot of the reason I looked up Obsidian.  I knew Feargus had started there after BIS died, and was really hoping he'd be able to continue the tradition of great games like BG, IWD, etc. for the PC.  And I'm getting rather addicted to consoles now, too.  I especially like being able to do multiplayer from the couch.  :cool:

Not a problem I've had a seriously whacky night..

The reason we bought an Xbox in the first place is because we used to go over to friends houses and end up playing beach volleyball four player. But our PS2's only did 2 player games. Sure you can have LAN parties but I seriously wouldnt fancy lugging all the stuff around.

Oh and before I forget. Welcome to the boards. Enjoy your stay etc etc. :lol:

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

...I've got a girlfriend who would LOVE to find a guy that likes to game!!!!! 

...But I absolutely LOVE being able to sit down with my sweetie and indulge in hours of game play, and NOT be accussed of ignoring him!

...Yeah - sorry - posted without really getting things set up. I used a space between "girl" and "friend" to try to make it clear that it was a friend of mine who was female - without using that many words! 

...damn; ya jus' ruined the perfectly good perverted image I had runnin' through me head...thnx alot; now I 'ave ta go back ta reality... :p:):p

...oh, btw; welcome ta the Zoo... :lol:

• Like 1

...I've got a girlfriend who would LOVE to find a guy that likes to game!!!!! 

...But I absolutely LOVE being able to sit down with my sweetie and indulge in hours of game play, and NOT be accussed of ignoring him!

...Yeah - sorry - posted without really getting things set up. I used a space between "girl" and "friend" to try to make it clear that it was a friend of mine who was female - without using that many words! 

...damn; ya jus' ruined the perfectly good perverted image I had runnin' through me head...thnx alot; now I 'ave ta go back ta reality... :p:p:p

...oh, btw; welcome ta the Zoo... :lol:

LOL - Honey, if it makes ya happy, you just go right on back to your own lil world and have a blast. I won't tell nobody. Really. I wouldn't. OK - not many people, at least. :)

Cool pix in the sig, by the way.

Cool pix in the sig, by the way.

...know who it is???...if ya don't an' ya enjoyed the IWD & BG games, find a copy o' Planescape: Torment...the finest game BIS e'er produced an' arguably the finest example o' a cRPG e'er made... :lol:

...oh, an' btw; e'eryone 'ere knows I's always in me own li'l world, so no worries there... :)

• Like 1

For those who are over 30 and think they can't get laid if they have a console . . . I've got a girl friend who would LOVE to find a guy that likes to game!!!!!  Doesn't matter if it's PC or console.  If you think a woman's not interested in you just because you game, you're meeting the wrong women!  :lol:

Hook me up, I

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Hook me up, I
  • Like 1

And Ellestar, I'll tell her about this forum and see if she wants to join - what happens after that is nunamyb'ness!      :)

LOL

...welcome to The Dating Game: Obsidian Edition... :p

idhitit1pg.jpg

:p

• Like 1

". . . enjoys quiet walks on the beach, romantic dinners, pillaging and plundering, and crawling through dungeons"

Oh lord what have I started?????

:p

...hehehe...e'erytime I sees ya on 'ere now I's gonna 'ave the lyrics o' Mr. Tinkertrain (Ozzy Osbourne) runnin' through me head...this I can learn ta enjoy...hehehe... :p

• Like 1

Been there done that. My current PC is relatively futureproofed but I nolonger bother to upgrade.

I suppose back when I was doing it, it was sort of worth it but today there are so few worthwhile PC titles I dont feel it is. I wouldnt fork over $500 just to play Dragon Age and NwNII.

I'd save the money for a next gen console of your choice.

The problem with that is the next gen consoles won't have games I want to play... such as Neverwinter Nights 2 and Dragon Age.

Ultimately, it all amounts to the software. Jade Empire is pretty much the only console game I'd *really* want to play. There are others as well, but whether I ever play them or not doesn't make that big a difference.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

And Ellestar, I'll tell her about this forum and see if she wants to join - what happens after that is nunamyb'ness!      :lol:

LOL! O.K. sounds good to me. :thumbsup:

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

• 1 month later...

I don't mean to resurrect an old thread but I just wanted to say, like a complete idiot I just bought WoW over the weekend and am now playing it. For someone that created a thread titled, "PC Gaming is not for me" I'm sure doing alot to stand by that sentiment.[/sarcasm]

I still don't think PC gaming is for me but I have to say, I just got more RAM for my computer and suddenly, even with the most basic of ATI Radeon PCI graphics cards, a game like WoW runs as smooth as silk.

Seriously. I haven't experienced any lag or glitches whatsoever. 8)

I don't even know how this is possible. Alot of people in my office play this game and I've heard horror stories about the game crashing and them having to shop around for specific video cards, preferrably Nvidia cards that have some sort of 3D accelerator capability (or some such crap - I really have no idea) and that most old or cheap cards won't work with WoW.

Either Blizzard did an excellent job designing this game or the secret to PC gaming is to just buy as much RAM as possible. I'm kind of betting on the latter.

I mean, I've been to places in the game that are crowded with alot of activity going on and the most I've ever experienced is a little choppiness.

I went back and checked out NWN: HOTU and now this game runs as smooth as silk.

I wonder if I should dare try Bloodlines again. :)

I dunno.

But the thing is...I'm not looking forward to upgrading my computer agian in the next year or two. Especially now with the Xbox 360 on the way.