Come to think of it... where did Kreia come from?

Spoiler warning!!

The 51 questions that were posted made me think of something I never quite figured out in the beginning of the game...

The Exile is taken aboard the Harbinger for the purpose of being brought to Telos without the Exile's knowledge. Ok.

The Harbinger then receives a distress signal from a freighter that it then goes to check out. Fair enough.

Now comes my problem - what was that freighter? Was it the Sith warship mentioned or was it the Ebon Hawk?

If it was the Ebon Hawk, then it would seem the Sith assassins boarded the ship and killed all but T3 and HK-47, but then where did Kreia come from? Sure, she could have been playing dead, but surely Darth Sion of all people (or Sithspawn...) would have seen right through that deception? He was her apprentice for a long time, after all.

However, I seem to recall the captain of the Harbinger mentioning an abandonned Sith warship, which would then be where the Sith game from. If that's the case, then did Ebon Hawk get boarded by the Harbinger before or after the Sith attack? And when was the Exile brought aboard the Ebon Hawk?

In any event, we still don't know where Kreia came from or how HK-47 ended up on the Ebon Hawk. It seems clear that T3 was the only droid to follow Revan to the outer regions and then come back on the Ebon Hawk. Where did he pick up HK-47?

And where did Kreia come from? An interesting option is tied to how she tells the Exile that Revan returned to her after the events of KotOR1, so maybe Revan actually sent both T3 and Kreia to find the Exile. Sadly, this is never revealed...

I still wonder about where Kreia came from, though. Was she on the Ebon Hawk or did she hide on the Sith ship? I don't think she was on the Harbinger. And who were the other dead people on the Ebon Hawk?

As you can see in this pic Kreia was on the Ebon Hawk during the tutorial.

On Peragus it was explained HK-50 Drugged you and locked you up inside the Ebon Hawk as there was something wrong on the Harbinger (Sith attack anyone?)

And on another note (CAN BE BUG), if you break the HK-47 door open during the Sith Attack on your ship (Turret game, let them in) HK isn't there...

It is empty, HK is there after the hyperspace jump away (after Kreia entered)...

Like I said; 1) Bug or 2) Kreia smuggled HK-47 in from Peragus? Then were did he came from?...

After all of my playthroughs, this is something that I have never been able to really figure out. Where DID Kreia come from.

Basically, the way that I know the story is that, the Exile was brought onboard the Harbinger to go to Telos.

While he/she was there, he/she was drugged by the HK-50 droid who is secretly working for the Exchange. This renders the Exile unconscious.

Shortly thereafter, the Harbinger receives a distress call from a freighter under attack by a Sith warship. The Harbinger then goes to investigate.

They find the freighter, which is the Ebon Hawk, abandoned and crippled with everyone onboard dead. The Sith warship that was pursuing it was also empty. Or so it appeared.

So, the Harbinger brings the Hawk onboard for further investigation. But while this is going on, the Sith Assassins who were wearing Stealth Field Generators and were hiding onboard the Hawk, began laying waste to the crew of the Harbinger. They of course were being led by Darth Sion.

At this point, the HK-50 droid takes his bounty, the unconscious Exile, onboard the Ebon Hawk to try to escape the Sith. But during their escape attempt, the Harbinger fires on the Hawk causing great damage, which is how we see the Hawk at the beginning of the game.

But at no point, at least from everything I saw and read, was it explained where Kreia came from. She was just there onboard the Hawk. I assumed she came from the Sith warship, but that makes no sense whatsoever. Unless of course she and Sion were working together all along to try and find the Exile. We know they were both looking for him/her. But we also know that one of Kreia's goals is to put down Sion for his betrayal of her.

So I'm still confused about where Kreia came from to this day.

After my first game I was under the assumption that Revan made a visit to Kreia prior to leaving for the unknown regions and she dropped him off with the assist of the Ebon Hawk, T3 and a crew of droids (the broken ones in the prologue).

T3 was then instructed to lock down the navicomputer and wipe his own memory after the mission was complete. Then all the hoopla went down with the sith warship (Ravenger), Harbinger and the Hawk.

The part that always baffled me was, why did the Paragus HK go through all the guile and deceit to keep the Exile contained when all the other HKs were perfectly content in shooting him (or her)? Why didn't the Paragus HK just bonk him (or her) on the head when he (bah) wasn't looking after he first discovered that he (you get it) had escaped?

I expect she got on when Reven left the ship at Malachor.

Whoever was giving the orders changed them. If it had known that Kreia was alive it might have altered it's plans.Since she is the one that prevented its original plan from working.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

i know that Sion stripped Kreia of her power but i think Kreia ordered this to be done so she could create a bond between herself and the exile. So i think that she came with the sith on the warship then escaped on the ebon hawk with the exile. This does sound a little far fetched but it is possible because she is the Betrayer and she needed to create a strong bond with the exile and with them both starting from square 1 in terms of gaining force it was the perfect oppotunity for her.

Spoiler warning!!

The 51 questions that were posted made me think of something I never quite figured out in the beginning of the game...

The Exile is taken aboard the Harbinger for the purpose of being brought to Telos without the Exile's knowledge. Ok.

This area has always been a bit murky for me too. My hypothesis to date:

I'm assuming that T3 and HK were the last to see Revan. Revan wiped HK's memory banks and ordered T3 to navigate the ship back and then wipe his own. Perhaps that is all he wanted done; he wanted to be totally on his own.

However, before Revan departed, Bastila had introduced a subroutine into T3's programming--the go-for-help message. T3 brings Ebon Hawk back to Malachor V, where Kreia has set up shop.

It's possible that in the meantime Kreia has been attempting to train others like she ends up doing with Exile (Sion and Nihilis), but again, she has more failures than successes. Because of her loyalty to Revan and her ability to see the future, particularly on Malachor, she knows Revan will need some help even if he doesn't think so.

Enter T3, first stop Malachor V, which was Revan's last pit stop in the known world. Kreia may find references to Exile in what's left of T3's memory banks, and/or she may simply remember him on her own as her padawan, just as Revan was. Maybe she's been looking for him all along as a candidate, but hasn't been able to detect him.

I am unclear as to why Exile boards the Harbinger in the first place, though. I doubt Exile was coming back on his own; he has not dealt with any of his issues with his past.

Since this Republic ship is not generally a passenger liner and was enroute to Telos, there was some intervention that occurred--and I believe it may have been Admiral Carth Onasi.

Carth has obviously been looking for any sign of Revan since he disappeared. He's been marshalling Republic defenses like Revan told him to, and waiting. Republic forces (or spies like Disciple?) may have come into contact with Exile, and notified him. It's a long shot that Exile might know something about Revan, but Carth is fairly desperate, so he orders Harbinger to pick up the Exile and transport him back to Telos, where Carth intends to be waiting to talk to him.

Here is where Atris' plan kicks in. Atris finds Exile's name on the Harbinger's passenger list in the coreward databases. She then decides a little payback is in order, and that she will use him to draw the Sith threat out of hiding. She spams his name and location all over the records.

Kreia picks it up, grabs T3 and the Ebon Hawk, and beats feet to intercept Harbinger before it gets to Telos. SHE voice-locks the computer, because if she's successful, she doesn't want Exile running off too early, and because if she fails, she doesn't want anyone messing up Revan's plans or getting killed.

But Sion is already enroute. He recognizes Ebon Hawk and/or the fact that Kreia is aboard, and he thinks he knows her intentions. Alternately, perhaps he already knew her intentions when he left Malachor V, and it's a race to see who gets to Harbinger first. In either case, he attacks it. Both ships end up severely damaged and dead in space.

Harbinger finds the wreckage soon afterward, and assumes that the Sith warship is empty, since they can't see anyone. When the commander radios for instructions from Carth, Onasi gets all excited because this is Ebon Hawk. So they stop to look for survivors, and to try to figure out what happened. And the cloaked Sith take over Harbinger.

But the HK unit has another agenda, possibly is one of those Go-To hired. HK50 is to keep tabs on Exile until he can be taken prisoner, and to protect his life until that happens. Sabotaging Harbinger affords time for Exile to be freed from Sith control. T3 takes his opportunity, and Ebon Hawk ends up on Peragus.

As I said, just a hypotheis, but it makes sense to me.

I dunno, I kinda felt that Atris was too cloistered away to have done that... but it's interesting...

Personally, I always thought that Kreia snuck aboard the Ebon Hawk before the Sith ship attacked it (using her stealth and Force powers, much like how she stalks the Disciple in some scenes).

She had hatched her plan regarding the Exile because of her new view of the Force, etc., and she just had to get in close and make herself the player's mentor in order to manipulate and mold toward that end. So, she waited for the ship's attack and then decided to "play dead."

/shrug

evil_twin.jpg

After the learning Kreia was the betrayer, I no longer believed (or at least fully) the idea that Kreia was herself Exiled. So Kreia could've been "planted" as all part of the big plan. I also do accept a fair chance that Kreia/Sion were not allies at the start too, and that it really may have been a race to the Exile, in which case I think she would've used Stealth.

I'm not a big fan to the Revan was a Sith Lord (in K1) acting to ready the Republic/Sith Empire for the True Sith. Yes, all that stuff about leaving installations intact and stuff is all supportive, but well, if I wanted to have the Sith as good guys, I'd rather go play Tie Fighter and help the Emperor restore peace and order to the galaxy.

hmm, if Kreia was exiled, she could've snuck onto the Ebon Hawk herself...although from where, I don't know.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

After the learning Kreia was the betrayer, I no longer believed (or at least fully) the idea that Kreia was herself Exiled. So Kreia could've been "planted" as all part of the big plan. I also do accept a fair chance that Kreia/Sion were not allies at the start too, and that it really may have been a race to the Exile, in which case I think she would've used Stealth.

I'm not a big fan to the Revan was a Sith Lord (in K1) acting to ready the Republic/Sith Empire for the True Sith. Yes, all that stuff about leaving installations intact and stuff is all supportive, but well, if I wanted to have the Sith as good guys, I'd rather go play Tie Fighter and help the Emperor restore peace and order to the galaxy.

hmm, if Kreia was exiled, she could've snuck onto the Ebon Hawk herself...although from where, I don't know.

No one is pure good or pure evil, and Sith/Jedi are just flip sides of the same coin. Revan fit neither category. He 'used' both, but he stopped just short of letting it use him. He was cold, calculating, and vicious if it served his purpose. And the term 'good' only came to mean adherence to the Jedi power structure that was in effect. A much more interesting character, one that sticks with you, if you're into that kind of thing.

I believe Kreia was exiled ... as Master Kae. There is no evidence at all that the Jedi Council or the databases had ever heard the name Kreia. As Atris said, 'That is not her name.' Yet Kreia was a Jedi. She knows each of the Jedi Masters personally, and they know her on sight.

Atris in particular blamed a particular female Master as the reason Revan, Exile and others turned from their teachings to fight at Malachor. 'Kreia' admits to being Revan's master, and one of those is named as being Master Kae 'before she went to the wars.' The others mentioned are pretty much dead (Vandar, Zhar...) I believe even at that time she was teaching some gray mixed in with the blue and shiny.

There is no mention where this Master went, that I can recall, but she ain't around no more. If their memories were tampered with, Kreia is pretty darned good at that. She even hints at it, in a convo with Exile.

Kae, as we know, had Yusannis' child. We don't really know if this is before or after she went to war, and I'm not sure even adding up the numbers will help. But Jedi are forbidden, and that alone would be sufficient reason to exile Kae, even if she HAD been well liked and trusted. Someone betrayed her secret to the Council. I thought at first it might have been Yusannis himself, since Revan made sure to toast him crispy brown in the Civil War. But possibly Atris discovered it.

We do know Master Kae went off to fight with Revan, and allegedly 'died'. I think that death was figurative and symbolic. Nobody saw it, and nobody ever found a body, and nobody can ask Yusannis any more. She went darkside, but eventually came back to a modified version of her former teachings, with a new identity.

No one as powerful as 'Kreia' would have escaped notice by the Council. And as she says 'true coincidences are rare.' It's all in the motives. Kae had a powerful drive to show that her teachings were not flawed, as Atris alleged. To vindicate her life's work. And Kreia parades Exile in front of the Council, as proud as can be, thinking they surely can't miss the significance of what she's accomplished.

It is possible that Kreia was hiding aboard Sion's vessel, I suppose. T3 may have sent the distress signal to Harbinger prior to the attack. But I can't see why Sion would attack a ship that had no sentients aboard, or even be attracted to it in the first place. And that 'playing dead' scenario has a distinct 'Kreia' flavor.

It is fairly logical that T3 might have stopped at Malachor. That Sith academy was Revan's. It just got out of control after he left, because Kreia was not the leader he was. Anyway, that's why I believe she hopped on there.

Handmaiden had a different father than the other Handmaidens, correct?

Which would mean that if Kreia was Kae she was mother to all the Handmaidens, just by a different father than Handmaiden Brianna.

?, They had the same father, and all except Handmaiden (The teammate) had the same Non-Jedi mother

Which would mean that if Kreia was Kae she was mother to all the Handmaidens, just by a different father than Handmaiden Brianna.

Kae is dead...(Malachor V), and she won't ever be all the handmaidens mother (as that was a non-Force user)

First off, Kreia isn't Kae, Handmaiden "honors the face of her mother" and Handmaiden would recognize herself in Kreia. Second, the Jedi do know Kreia (as the "her" in the exile cutscene). Plus, something tells me that Kreia was exiled for her teachings or from the Exar Kun War (from the way she talks about the Exar Kun War and from the way the Jedi talk of her teachings.). Next, there's no dialog (not even cut dialog) that suggests that Kreia could be the handmaidens' mother. Besides, SHE would be refered to as "Exile" as well if her exile was that recent. Kreia is also too old to fit the timeline, by the time she'd have finished training Revan (twice) et al she'd probably be too old to be giving birth. And I'm not so convinced that Kreia is even human, she looks a lot different (maybe she's part Sith and that's how she knows about the "real threat").

Though she may have been lieing, Kreia said it was merely coincidence that she found you.

Here's how I see things:

Kreia was dismayed by Revan's fall, as she was one of his masters. His last known location was on Malachor, so she traveled there to see if there was any evidence of him, or what led to his fall. She discovers the academy and also falls to the dark side. She begins training fallen Jedi, such as Sion and Nihilus. But they betray her (why they let her live is a mystery). She flees in the Ebon Hawk with T3 on board. Revan had voice-locked the Nav computer, leaving T3 with access to it.

Atris somehow discovers Exile's location and leaks it. Carth finds him, and knowing he served Revan, orders the Harbinger to pick him up and deliver him to Telos. En route to Citadel Station, the Harbinger recieves a distress call from the Hawk. The ship, possibly Ravager, is attacking, trying to kill Kreia. When Carth hears the ship under attack is the Hawk, he sends the Harbinger to help, hoping to find some info on Revan. The Harbinger brings the Hawk on board.About this time, the HK-50 modifies the med-lab computer to give you sedatives so it can quietly deliver you to G0-T0. The Harbinger sends a team thru its umbilical tunnel to investigate the Sith ship. It's empty, cause all the assassins use stealth and board the Harbinger. As they slaughter the crew, HK takes Exile to the Hawk and escapes. The Sith, now in control of the Harbinger, fire upon the Hawk, crippling it. That's where the Prolouge begins.

<---> Just reverse that. Same father, different mother.

Handmaiden would recognize herself in Kreia

Possibly not. First off, she wouldn't be looking. She has always believed her mother is dead. Even then I think she'd have to look pretty hard to see beneath the combination of robes, age, and dark side to see any resemblance to herself. For instance, I haven't seen my family or any photos or spoken to them in 25 years. I live 2000 miles away. Would I know one of them if by pure happenstance we passed on a sidewalk in my town? Nope. (Not even without the robes. :) )

There is really no way to determine how old Kreia is. She was an historian; she did not necessarily live through all of the eras she talks about.

Second, the Jedi do know Kreia

Yes, they do. They know her immediately on sight when they see her again on Dantooine, and so does Atris. And they're all pretty surprised. But the 'her' that the Council refers to in Exile's trial is never identified by name, although it's alluded to through the names of her padawans. And Atris laughs at the use of the name 'Kreia.' Because that is not her real name, and whoever she 'really' is, is someone Atris lords herself over and looks down on. Sort of like she does Exile...

Interpretation? Yes. But I don't believe in that much coincidence, not with the subtle bits that are repeated throughout the game: in dialogue, in voice inflection and pauses, and even in what isn't said.

err...

kreia was an exile just like our hero/ine and was not brianna's mother since her mother died.

next, this is the most confusing part, the game tries to tell us that sion and nihillius were 'created' because of the wound the exile suffered.

i love the Jedi theme from the game (movies/jukebox section)

>_<