I will spoil the ending for you all!

Guys, what could possibly be spoiled? Here, just warn people to NOT buy this game, that is all anyone can ask of you. Seriously, spread the word that this developer MESSED UP. They cheated us out of what could have been one of the best RPG's made. But hey, deadlines are important, right?

Well tough much was cut......................i have had fun of this game so.................otherwise i wouldn't have played it out..........

You can't say to anybody that they don't have to buy this game because you don't like it............................... <_<

But i agree that lucasarts (not OBSIDIAN because they can't help the thing of the deathline...........) had have to give OE more time to finish this game.................. 1 year for a sequel to 2003's best game...................

i know the devs had to cut out a ****load of stuff but seriously, the ending wasn't that bad, like what did you expect?

Most of the loose ends were tied up at the end by Kreia, and personally i had enough fun with the rest of the game to forgive the slightly underwhelming ending

But seriously, i want KOTOR 3 to be the best game ever and i see 1 and 2 as leading up to it, i really hope they don't rush the next one.

Here, just warn people to NOT buy this game, that is all anyone can ask of you.

Wow, you buy games strictly for the ending? That's a little sad...

I mean, yeah, like most people I was a bit disappointed by the ending or lack thereof, but who care? It's still an f-ing great game! I finished the game twice on my bf's Xbox, and I still went out and bought it for my PC (OK, so that was mostly so he could get off my case about hogging his Xbox, but even so!).

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

A lot people still watched the Matrix knowing the ending was "what the heck?" because they knew that most of the movie would be good action. Same here...

And some because they liked the original....like KotOR.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Guys, what could possibly be spoiled? Here, just warn people to NOT buy this game, that is all anyone can ask of you. Seriously, spread the word that this developer MESSED UP. They cheated us out of what could have been one of the best RPG's made. But hey, deadlines are important, right?

You must be one of those people who trusted all the game magazine reviews. lol.gif

You must be one of those people who didn't visit the boards here or at Lucas Arts before buying it. lol.gif

You must be just like me. cwm14.gif

Hi all.

I'm new to this forum having recently played and finished KotOR 2.

I've been following a few topics concerning the ending here, and I tend to agree with those people who are disappointed by the end or lack thereof...

There is one point I really like to make to Obsidian that I don't see a lot of people making, however. It's quite simple really... If Obsidian think that our criticism is an indication that we didn't like the game, then they are completely wrong - we certainly did like the game! After all, we finished it, didn't we? Few people spend 50+ hours playing through a game they don't like.

But that's just the point - playing for 50+ hours (and I know it was more for me...) and then getting stuck with what seems to be a missing ending is rather disappointing to say the least... To then go to the developers' own forum and finding how much was cut just makes it worse.

Incidentally, why was the topic on the cut endings (http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=29764) closed? I've read through and have found people to generally demonstrate remarkable acceptance of the situation, and several asked that the subject be given priority on these boards. I applaued Obsidian for letting it stand on their boards, but closing it could be construed as an attempt to silence criticism...

Now, don't get me wrong. I have read some of the responses people at Obsidian have made to people bashing KotOR2, and I'm convinced Obsidian is dedicated to quality and pleasing their consumers.

But even so, the trouble is that a game was still realeased that many consumers find to be unfinished, and there seems to be little or no intention on the horizon of rectifying the situation.

I actually predict that a gaming company will be sued by consumer groups within the next few years for releasing an unfinished game. I doubt it'll be Obsidian, because KotOR-fans seem to be remarkably loyal to the company in spite of getting an unfinished game.

Sure, a lawsuit over a computer game may sound childish, but that's mostly because there's still stigma attached to video-games - if a consumer had bought a car without an engine or other essential component, nobody would question the right to protest. Obviously it is different in the entertainment industry, but a product was still released that many find to be unfinished, and if consumers accept that, then it will only prompt companies to continue to do so, since the consumers apparently accept it - qui tacet consentire videtur...

Hi all.

I'm new to this forum having recently played and finished KotOR 2.

I've been following a few topics concerning the ending here, and I tend to agree with those people who are disappointed by the end or lack thereof...

There is one point I really like to make to Obsidian that I don't see a lot of people making, however. It's quite simple really... If Obsidian think that our criticism is an indication that we didn't like the game, then they are completely wrong - we certainly did like the game! After all, we finished it, didn't we? Few people spend 50+ hours playing through a game they don't like.

But that's just the point - playing for 50+ hours (and I know it was more for me...) and then getting stuck with what seems to be a missing ending is rather disappointing to say the least... To then go to the developers' own forum and finding how much was cut just makes it worse.

Incidentally, why was the topic on the cut endings (http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=29764) closed? I've read through and have found people to generally demonstrate remarkable acceptance of the situation, and several asked that the subject be given priority on these boards. I applaued Obsidian for letting it stand on their boards, but closing it could be construed as an attempt to silence criticism...

Now, don't get me wrong. I have read some of the responses people at Obsidian have made to people bashing KotOR2, and I'm convinced Obsidian is dedicated to quality and pleasing their consumers.

But even so, the trouble is that a game was still realeased that many consumers find to be unfinished, and there seems to be little or no intention on the horizon of rectifying the situation.

I actually predict that a gaming company will be sued by consumer groups within the next few years for releasing an unfinished game. I doubt it'll be Obsidian, because KotOR-fans seem to be remarkably loyal to the company in spite of getting an unfinished game.

Sure, a lawsuit over a computer game may sound childish, but that's mostly because there's still stigma attached to video-games - if a consumer had bought a car without an engine or other essential component, nobody would question the right to protest. Obviously it is different in the entertainment industry, but a product was still released that many find to be unfinished, and if consumers accept that, then it will only prompt companies to continue to do so, since the consumers apparently accept it - qui tacet consentire videtur...

50+ hours? I,ve never finished it in more than 26 hours, am I missing something?

Not the same thing. The game works, if it dosnt work its because of some sort of configuration problem etc. Or none of the games would work period. The game also has an end. It may not be an end you like, it may not be the end you wanted but it is an end. The game screen dosnt suddenly go blank in the middle of play.

Anyone who is that botherd has my permission not to buy the game :huh: But dismissing a 50 hour game for a two hour ending is a bit silly.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

If he said this...

If Obsidian think that our criticism is an indication that we didn't like the game, then they are completely wrong - we certainly did like the game! After all, we finished it, didn't we? Few people spend 50+ hours playing through a game they don't like.

Then why did you say this ? ?

But dismissing a 50 hour game for a two hour ending is a bit silly.

I don't think anyone who makes the effort of registering on these boards to politely express his thoughts as Jediphile has done is "dismissing" this product.

Begining of rant.

I'm reading this board because I expect spoilers for KOTOR2, so spoil away.

As to the person that spoiled the NWN's storyline on this board, (not in this post) I was Not looking to be spoiled to that game's storyline. :)

So if you want to post spoilers please keep them to the proper message board.

End of rant.

I don't think anyone who makes the effort of registering on these boards to politely express his thoughts as Jediphile has done is "dismissing" this product.

Because that part was in general rather than addressed to him. Should have been clear since he must have already bought the game. :)

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Thank you for telling me what I should do with my own money. I'll be sure to seek your council when I intend on purchasing a new automobile, since you obviously are extremely knowledgeable in terms of what I should or shouldn't do with my own money.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

People have sued stores for damages after tripping over their own kids... and win.

Got a link ? That should be worth a chuckle.

I read about that. It was one of the runner ups in one of those "dumbest lawsuits" year end awards. I think it lost out to the woman who spilled coffee on herself at McDonalds and won.

Apparently the woman (in the lawsuit he's referring to) tripped over a kid and broke her leg, suing the store for allowing kids to run around unattended. It turns out it was her own kid.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I read about that.  It was one of the runner ups in one of those "dumbest lawsuits" year end awards.  I think it lost out to the woman who spilled coffee on herself at McDonalds and won.

Apparently the woman (in the lawsuit he's referring to) tripped over a kid and broke her leg, suing the store for allowing kids to run around unattended.  It turns out it was her own kid.

:- I remember the McDonalds one, that does have some credence at least because of those cups they used to use. Still silly but I suppose if you can make money out of someone it's what you do.

People havnt posted a link to the Darwin awards for a while.

478327[/snapback]

i was suckered into buying it i liked the first one but it was still mediocre but the only thing wrong with kotor 2 is glitches bugs and the ending

hang on what did you say the whole game is f*ked up oh yes that is right now i remember.

I agree with you totally. To tell you the truth, the only reason the missing 1/4 of the game pissed me off so much was the fact that I was strongly considering this to be my favorite game. Just playing through and having the freedom to influence people and all the old sights (HK47)... the ending ruined all of that.

Someone mentioned the Matrix and how many will watch it multiple times. That movie had a great ending, really satisfying. If you look at the movie, it is a complete product...

I want this to be clear:

THE REASON KOTOR SUCKS is not just because of the "ENDING," an actual CHUNK of it, a FOURTH, is terrible and seems to leave out more of the plot than it actually includes.

ARE YOU GUYS GOING TO TELL ME THAT THE ENDING ISN'T AN IMPORTANT PART OF A STORY? Even if you watch the Matrix more than once (I know I have), you get pulled into the story and stay UNTIL THE END. Think about it.

Oh and Obsidian... I probably wasn't being at all vague before, but here is what I want to say: You guys could have had something FAR SUPERIOR to the original. Whether it was Lucas Arts' fault or yours... your name is on it and my money is wasted.

Christ, all this bitching and I just rented it. If I had bought it I can't even imagine what kind of **** would go down. Later guys, and truly GREAT JOB on the 3/4, was the best RPG I have ever played.