NWN2's official fact sheet and some new artworks

funcroc

"NWN was a big dissapointment when I bought it, even if I beat it."

Thanks. I'm sure I needed to know that. Nothing else is important now that I have this valuable info. :luck:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The press release actually made me angry. So, a spot of Fisking methinks:

Bards sing tales of heroes from ages past, but never have the Forgotten Realms so desperately needed a champion.

Yes, they have. Every time the Atari suits foists a hackneyed, don't-scare-Joe-Gamer cookie-cutter plot onto a developer.

Years have passed since the war between Luskan and Neverwinter, almost enough time for the wounds of war to heal. But the brief peace the Realms have known may be at an end.

Again?

Tension growing between the mighty city-states means the Sword Coast again teeters on the edge of open war.

AGAIN?

Unnoticed, a greater danger stalks the City of Skilled Hands. Unbeknownst to the denizens of the North, deep in the Mere of Dead Men, dark forces from across the Realms have been rallied under the banner of a legendary evil. If left unchallenged, all of the North is doomed to fall under its power.

AGAIN? I'm sorry, but there must be so many banners of legendary evil being rallied in the FR that I'm surprised that there's room for anything else.

Even in this darkest hour, hope remains.

No doubt in the "School for Adventurers" tutorial, right?

A mysterious relic is borne to Neverwinter in the hands of a lone hero so that its secrets may be unlocked - secrets that carry the fate of all the North. So begins an epic tale of shattered alliances, noble acts and dark deeds to be told across the Realms for generations to come.

:: sigh ::

I'm sorry, but why does anything to do with the Nevewinter franchise have to be so deeply studded with cliche? Nothing in this stirred my interest, just made me very, very weary. Why can't the opening pitch be different? There are so many other ways you might SAVE TEH WURLD, are there not?

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

Look on the fact sheet of any CRPG, or actually anything fantasy-related, like novels; it's always the same, no matter the wording. No need to get angry over something so trivial.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The basic architecture of the stories is the same, but the draw...I think...is that its the same damn thing, reimagined. A remix. Its the modifications, the amendments, and the improvements that somehow manage to keep it "fresh".

At least thats what I'm getting from this...

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast