For those of you who hated the ending...

...have you seen the Star Wars trilogy?

The second installment is supposed to be inconclusive because you know there are going to be 3.

Yes, but in the Star Wars trilogy you knew that there would be a third part, and that it would continue the stories of all the main characters.

We don't know for sure that there will be a Kotor 3, although I agree it's highly likely. But since Kotor 2 didn't reuse the same main characters as Kotor 1, it's likely that Kotor 3 will also be a whole host of new characters. So Kotor 2 should have rounded off its own characters' stories, as the cut endings sort of did.

If LucasArts announced tomorrow that Kotor 3 was in development and would have all the same characters, I'd be pretty happy with that.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Empire Strikes Back left me thinking "what will happen?". KotOR2 left me thinking "what the hell just happened?". ESB was a cliffhanger, true, but it managed to tie everything in the movie together at the end. KotOR2 didn't, it just left a bunch of loose ends.

Actually that's not true.....Noone knew Lucas was planning on Making Empire Strikes back...they just thought Star Wars was a one time thing....thats why everyone was suprised when it came out...

and they were 3 years a part.....everyone of them....just like the prequels are three years apart...

Actually that's not true.....No one knew Lucas was planning on Making Empire Strikes back...they just thought Star Wars was a one time thing....thats why everyone was suprised when it came out...

and they were 3 years a part.....everyone of them....just like the prequels are three years apart...

(w00t)

What have you been smoking ?

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

The KotOR (will eventually be) Trilogy has so far focused on the journey on Revan, and is not the same jist as the Star Wars trilogy. Like the above posts say:

- Episode V is "what will happen", KotOR 2 is "what the hell?"

- Episode V (or more if you're a Revan/Bastila fan, Episode III), all have characters from the previous episode as major roles, where KotOR 2 only continues with Revan...without even being their in person.

I sorta think of it as the Matrix movies - mostly good, I didn't hate the ending, but wasn't anything to promote either.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)