Revan vs. Thrawn

Who do you think was bigger strategic genius Grand Admiral Thrawn or Revan?  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think was bigger strategic genius Grand Admiral Thrawn or Revan?

• Revan of course (proudly thinking about oneself)!
    • Grand Admiral Thrawn (voting and touching copy of "Heir to the Empire" at the same time)
    • Get a life Nurbs! Alexander the Great would own them both!

Has anyone considered Saul Karath? We know virtually nothing about him, but it is mentioned he was a rather brillaint and brave tactician, though I'm just stateing a point, not vouching for him. Revan fought the republic to strengthen it. As Kreia mentions numerous times, when a culture/individual is shown charity/peace, then they grow weak, their militaristic/physcal abil;ities degrade. A cultrue/indivdual requires conflict to militarstically and culturally (as in forming a true identity) mature. revan was strengthening the Republic, testing it, attempting to preapre it for otther threats (though his standards where a bit too high, sinc ethe republic had become a weakene dshell once the Jedi Civil War concluded).

because your armies have superior numbers it doesnt mean that you are superior to your enemies.

Mandorlarin were better trained and Superior weapons also with better tactics.

So it was in the Mandorlain Favor to Win the War until Revan came along.

because your armies have superior numbers it doesnt mean that you are superior to your enemies.

No, but having inferior numbers and winning alot sure does mean that you are superior to your enemies, which was my point. Don't do a logic twist...

My goodness, Nurb...I'm suprised Revan is winning by so much. btw, found some images online...what race is he?

Who?

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Thrawn belongs to the mysterious Chiss race that inhabits Unknown Regions of the galaxy. It is basically most intelligent race in star wars universe.

That's what Unofficial Encyclopedia says:

this race of blue-skinned humanoids was from the planet Csilla, in the Unknown Regions. Their homeworld was locked in a planet-wide ice age many millennia ago, and they were forced to flee the planet as a species in order to survive. They are all well-muscled and tall, with jet black hair and glowing red eyes. While their history has been marked by nearly continual warfare and conquest of other worlds, the Chiss are generally not violent. They prefer to extend themselves only from a defensive posture, and viewed the idea of a pre-emptive strike against an enemy as if it were murder. This unspoken law dated back nearly a millennium before the Battle of Endor, and was one of the strongest points of Chiss honor and morality. Within Chiss society, children matured very quickly, never truly having an adolescent period before becoming adults. Many of the scientists at the Astrographic Survey Institute believed that the Chiss were among the first races to come in contact with the Yuuzhan Vong, some fifty years before their initial invasion. They theorized that the Chiss understood the Vong's military power, and began augmenting their own war machine to prepare to repel an invasion fleet. Unfortunately, the Chiss remained isolated in the Unknown Regions, and wouldn't allow contact with the New Republic after the Battle of Ithor. Chiss sages spent a great deal of time researching the Yuuzhan Vong, and eventually learned that it had taken the alien invaders many generations to cross the gulf between galaxies.

Chiss Expansionary Defense Fleet:

this was the primary means of naval defense developed by the Chiss. Led by such commanders as Thrawn, it patrolled the Chiss sectors of the Unknown Regions in the years before the Clone Wars. Like all parts of the Chiss military, the CEDF was under the command of the Nuruodo family during the early years of the New Republic. However, the CEDF accepted soldiers and officers from all Chiss families. To distinguish members of the CEDF from other members of Chiss society, the CEDF uniform was primarily black in color, since black was considered the combination of all other colors

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Unofficial Encyclopedia is a legendary well of star wars knowledge edited by great Robert Vitas. I usually check my info-doubts in it. It is superior to databank in every aspect. You can find it here:

It is updated every month and contains over 100000 entries.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Thanks for the link :(

Well this poll's results are silly,some people might not even know who Thrawn is :(

Hmm..why Alexander and not Napoleon or more recent commanders like Rommel,Jukov or Montgomery?

Becouse Alexander is the only one of them who never lost any battle! (w00t)

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

He retreated as a victor with indian kings subdued :(

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

You mean 34 out of 36........ When was TSpehen the Great (I'm not really a history or tactics buff).

oops :"> ..edited :)

Middle-ages,Romania,actually Moldavi(which is the eastern part of Romania)..when we were being invaded by everyone :)

Remember that he even defeted forces many times their size :)

Before...

When you were invading our asses :)

tho there really weren't any big battles with Hungury :)

Poland and The Otoman Empire were our greatest enemies..

It was basicaly when Matei Corvin(don't know the Hungarian name for him) was King and some time after that...

Same period as Vlad the Impaler...who was In Walahia and Stephen in Moldavia :)

Was that before or after Hungary was utterly screwed by the Turks. If it is post-invasion then that's no surprise, we last virtually every conflict after that, including all modern engagements.

I read a very good book about the Turkish invasion of Hungary called Eclipse of the Crescent Moon". Been to Hungary 6 times, its a great country.

Жукоб (Jukov/Zhukov) was a fearless and crafty general, but he was unsuccessful in the Operation Mars offensive, if I remember correctly. He did win many times against incredible odds though...and basically bulldozed the Germans back to Berlin.

It's ridiculous, a weak plot point on the part of Bioware. You would NEVER hand over control of your entire fleet to a Jedi no matter how high ranking they are because they have neither the training nor experience for that kind of command. Real fleet commanders have the book smarts AND work their way up. It's the only way someone becomes fit to command. It takes vast experience that can't be duplicated any other way. Jedi and Sith should be confined to covert missions.

Didn't he retreat from India?

And how many battles has Jukov lost....

..and things were diferent in the ancient times..I'd rate Napoleon as a better commander :(

Actually Alexander didn't retreat and possibly could have taken India. However his men mutinied, and Alexander gave in to what they had to say. Thus leaving India behind.

Interesting enough, he died just a few days before his TRUE global conquest was to begin.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

Yes I remember now..it's been some time...

I still think there have been better commanders than Alexander....

My vote goes for Jukov...or Napoleon or Rommel :(

And SW:

Revan is punny compared to Thrawn :(

Yes I remember now..it's been some time...

I still think there have been better commanders than Alexander....

My vote goes for Jukov...or Napoleon or Rommel :(

And SW:

Revan is punny compared to  Thrawn :(

Rommel was good, but he tried to deal with problems one at a time, and that's why he suffered in Africa(well one of the reasons). Napoleon was good, but his failer clearly shows his lack of vision(of course I only know a little about Nepoleon). Alexander always knew what the enemy was going to do. That's why he never lost. He was practically the greatest warrior that ever lived, and that has nothing to do with that time and this time. Alexander always lead from the front, and on 3 occasions personally lead a charge on the Persian lines. He climbed over the wall of a Mallian city by himself and started hacking away. No enemy ever took on Alexander face to face for long, that why every injury he had was my a projectile weapon. At Issos or Granicus he killed 2 Persian commanders/generals in hand to hand combat. One of them getting a spear in the face.

Alexander was one of those Rare humans who had a complete warrior soul. Rommel was more of a soldier, not a warrior. I'm not saying any historically famous commander wasn't good, just that they don't have Alexanders track record. Not to mention Alexander never lost a battle. Also you should remember that Alexander created many things the later Generals like Nepoleon used.

My favorite General though is George S. Patton. He's just another one of those very rare humans.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

I hate both Revan and Thrawn. That's why I placed Alexander in line :("

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES: