Revan vs. Thrawn

Who do you think was bigger strategic genius Grand Admiral Thrawn or Revan?  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think was bigger strategic genius Grand Admiral Thrawn or Revan?

• Revan of course (proudly thinking about oneself)!
    • Grand Admiral Thrawn (voting and touching copy of "Heir to the Empire" at the same time)
    • Get a life Nurbs! Alexander the Great would own them both!

After KOTOR I always wondered about the possibility of strategic duel between Revan and Thrawn. This is impossible of course (4000 years of time distance) but I feel bored with all those "Revan vs Vader" "Revan vs Yoda" "Revan vs George Bush" polls. People really neglect Revan as a commander and see him only as a lightsaber thug. So here you can discuss about two biggest commanders in the history of Star Wars. PS. spam like "I hate TOTJ" shall be deleted!

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Admiral Ackbar over those two any day. :D

Word Up! (forgive my 90's style)

The Republic was losing until Admiral Ackbar and the Mon Calamari joined the Rebellion.

Out of the choices, I choose Revan. Alexander could never command spaceships. Thrawn LOST like a punk. At least Revan saved the Republic.

Out of the choices, I choose Revan. Alexander could never command spaceships. Thrawn LOST like a punk. At least Revan saved the Republic.

That doens't really count. Revan had the favor of the almighty script writiers on her/his side, while Thrawn didn't. Revan could have been a three legged, one-armed, quadrapalegic monkey with down syndrom and won with that sort of support.

That doens't really count. Revan had the favor of the almighty script writiers on her/his side, while Thrawn didn't. Revan could have been a three legged, one-armed, quadrapalegic monkey with down syndrom and won with that sort of support.

It's been very long since I have read the Thrawn trilogy. I just can't recall him winning, except in that first battle against those aliens. I'll never forget what he said. You learn learn about a culture's war tactics by studying it's art.

A question Objulen. What is the difference between Revan being a scripted character and Thrawn being a written character?

Oh. Um...I think Grand Moff Tarkin was the best. Especially cause he commanded the Empire while holding Vader's leash. :D

I oppose calling Ackbar a genius. At Endor this guy just panicked and wanted to flee. It was Lando who mixed rebel ships with imperial ones causing death star to be quiet (it couldn't shot at such combination cause its friendly fire would annihilate imperial fleet as well). Ackbar had full, hot pants when Lando saved the day. EU Ackbar is even worse. Mr Octopussy :-

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

For me it's too close to call.

I mean, they are both brilliant tacticians etc etc etc.

I'd have to watch some sort of computer battle simulation.

Put simply, put the kind of tactics, forces they would use etc into an two A.I.'s, and watch the mighty space battle unfold.

Of course, it'll be years before that can even happen, but to decide, that's what I would do.

Alexander the Great would own them both.

Indeed he would. If only because he's the only one that actually existed. :)"

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

It's been very long since I have read the Thrawn trilogy. I just can't recall him winning, except in that first battle against those aliens. I'll never forget what he said. You learn learn about a culture's war tactics by studying it's art.

I seem to recall Thrawn constantly beating the New Republic with all sorts of unconventional moves right up to the point he got stabbed by his Noghri bodyguard. His underlings repeatedly failed to catch the heroes, though. Thrawn is probably my favorite SW villain... among EU cast at least. He has class.

SODOFF Steam group.

Ya this is truely the goofiest poll ever. All we need is the Scorpion King and He-Man in there to make it complete

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Admiral Thrawn. He made the best of a bad job with only four Star Destroyers at hand. Even the Emperor appreciated his alien tactical genius.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

Dear, dear Laozi buddy - you're clearly forgetting the ever grandiose "Death Star vs Unicron" scenario.  :D

Bad form, bad form!  :thumbsup:

I don't want to sound gay or anything, but unicorns kick ass, I mean come on Clash of the Titans

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Dear, dear Laozi buddy - you're clearly forgetting the ever grandiose "Death Star vs Unicron" scenario.  :D

Bad form, bad form!  :thumbsup:

I don't want to sound gay or anything, but unicorns kick ass, I mean come on Clash of the Titans

That movie was Legendary. :cool:

Transformers too. ^_^

manthing2.jpg