Guess the Patch release date

Add to this number members of gamers' families and those smartasses who downloaded TSL on EMule or Kaaza. Sold copies will then multiply :lol:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

And there's a question of storyline that seems unfinished and clumsy. Everyone, with decent intelligence, can notice that one year is too short to develop a decent sequel to KOTOR (everyone except 213374U obviously).

That is your opinion. Your opinion is not law. Your opinion weighs a lot less around here since you are a known TotJ supporter. You lose.

End of thread.

Its a pretty safe opinion. Epic RPG's require more time to produce than other "Linear" (I think is the official term) stories. The Predominant feeling on these boards, supported by several of the "Old Guard" posters who have earned a reputation for accuracy (Hades_One for example, or Anakin's Ghost), is that Obsidian ran out of time. Time that was not enough to begin with. The evidence supports, if not proves that line of thought.

Therefore, he is not alone in his well-evidenced opinion.

Its a pretty safe opinion.  Epic RPG's require more time to produce than other "Linear" (I think is the official term) stories.  The Predominant feeling on these boards, supported by several of the "Old Guard" posters who have earned a reputation for accuracy (Hades_One for example, or Anakin's Ghost), is that Obsidian ran out of time.  Time that was not enough to begin with.  The evidence supports, if not proves that line of thought.

Again, you fail to grasp the difference between opinion and fact.

Could the game have been better given more time for development? Possibly. We will never know, though.

Is the game not a "decent" sequel to K1? Is it incomplete? Is it unplayable? No way.

If you expected the best CRPG ever, then you let yourself get deceived by the hype. It's not OE or LA's fault.

And please, neither Hades nor GoA are gods here, and their post counts or register dates aren't the magic wand that instantly turns their opinions into facts. The only opinions I take as facts are those of the guys in green.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

...GoA are gods here, and their post counts or register dates aren't the magic wand that instantly turns their opinions into facts. The only opinions I take as facts are those of the guys in green.

Say it ain't so. :wub:

Seeing if I ever try to set you up with a feisty feminist again. <_<

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

And please, neither Hades nor GoA are gods here, and their post counts or register dates aren't the magic wand that instantly turns their opinions into facts. The only opinions I take as facts are those of the guys in green.

Oh but they are, dear boy. GoA is most competent user I've ever met, although I rarely agree with him. Hades One always speaks with sharp wisdom, which sadly, cannot be tell about you.

They both beat you in every aspect. Honestly. Their posting is highly intellectual while yours is rubbish trollism on kaftan-barlast level.

And their and mine opinions about TSL are well evidenced, which you seem to forget :wub:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Oh but they are dear boy. GoA is most competent user I've ever met, although I rarely agree with him. Hades One always speaks with sharp wisdom, which sadly, cannot be tell about you.

They both beat you in every aspect. Their posting is highly intellectual while yours

is rubbish trollism on kaftan-barlast style.

When you manage to pull your head out of GoA's ass, you should listen to Master Yoda's insightful advice:

You might actually learn something! :p

I disagree with your statement that I can't distinguish opinion from fact. If you read it on any setting higher than "angry Half-glance" you would have noticed the following:

CONTEXT: I was replying to a post you wrote, the contents of which attempted to mock and down-play the value of someone elses opinion. "Facts" were not involved. The discussion was "worth/value" of opinion. My reaon for replying, as seen in my post, was to point out that his opinion, which you lambasted, was commonly held as valid by many people, and was well evidenced, IF NOT fact.

WORDING: My point was neither to insult you or brown-nose any one else. I caution against swapping insults as a debate techinque. I am no hater of OE or LA, and look forward to playing KOTOR 2. I am happy that you are defending it as a cool game, which I am sure it will turn out to be. It shows you are not just a "troll".

However, some opinions are justified. You cannot roast a turkey in 10 minutes, or write a novel in a week, or design an RPG for multiple platforms in 12 months as a small, fledgling company. Despite what you say, the game is incomplete. Not because there is unused content on the CD, but because there are side-quests in the game which can be started but not completed, and multiple Holes in the story.

Even though that is the sign of a rushed game, I will still buy the game, patch or no, because of my loyalty to the KOTOR story and Characters. I appreciate your loyalty to an excellent Starwars franchise, which I empathize with.

Regards,

FaramirK

Edited by Fionavar

I disagree with your statement that I can't distinguish opinion from fact.  If you read it on any setting higher than "angry Half-glance" you would have noticed the following:

CONTEXT:  I was replying to a post you wrote, the contents of which attempted to mock and down-play the value of someone elses opinion.  "Facts" were not involved.  The discussion was "worth/value" of opinion.  My reaon for replying, as seen in my post, was to point out that his opinion, which you lambasted, was commonly held as valid by many people, and was well evidenced, IF NOT fact.

WORDING:  My point was neither to insult you or brown-nose any one else.  I caution against swapping insults as a debate techinque.  I am no hater of OE or LA, and look forward to playing KOTOR 2.  I am happy that you are defending it as a cool game, which I am sure it will turn out to be.  It shows you are not just a "troll". 

However, some opinions are justified.  You cannot roast a turkey in 10 minutes, or write a novel in a week, or design an RPG for multiple platforms in 12 months as a small, fledgling company.  Despite what you say, the game is incomplete.  Not because there is unused content on the CD, but because there are side-quests in the game which can be started but not completed, and multiple Holes in the story.

Even though that is the sign of a rushed game, I will still buy the game, patch or no, because of my loyalty to the KOTOR story and Characters.  I appreciate your loyalty to an excellent Starwars franchise, which I empathize with.

Regards,

FaramirK

Gentle arguments are useless against bored trolls. This guy will tear you apart in 10 seconds just to have pleasure of humiliating someone. Anyway thumbs up for

really gentle argumentation. :devil:

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Gentle arguments are useless against bored trolls. This guy will tear you apart in 10 seconds just to have pleasure of humiliating someone. Anyway thumbs up for

really gentle argumentation. :devil:

Well, you gotta give people the benefit of the doubt. It was as much to legitamize my own opinion despite my small # of posts-so-far as anything else. Your right though, point taken.

Did you hear that numbers man? You have been gently warned by the high command. Ohoo :devil:

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Oh but they are dear boy. GoA is most competent user I've ever met, although I rarely agree with him. Hades One always speaks with sharp wisdom, which sadly, cannot be tell about you.

They both beat you in every aspect. Their posting is highly intellectual while yours

is rubbish trollism on kaftan-barlast style.

When you manage to pull your head out of GoA's ass, you should listen to Master Yoda's insightful advice:

... [snip] ...

You might actually learn something! :thumbsup:

I disagree with your statement that I can't distinguish opinion from fact. If you read it on any setting higher than "angry Half-glance" you would have noticed the following:

CONTEXT: I was replying to a post you wrote, the contents of which attempted to mock and down-play the value of someone elses opinion. "Facts" were not involved. The discussion was "worth/value" of opinion. My reaon for replying, as seen in my post, was to point out that his opinion, which you lambasted, was commonly held as valid by many people, and was well evidenced, IF NOT fact.

WORDING: My point was neither to insult you or brown-nose any one else. I caution against swapping insults as a debate techinque. I am no hater of OE or LA, and look forward to playing KOTOR 2. I am happy that you are defending it as a cool game, which I am sure it will turn out to be. It shows you are not just a "troll".

However, some opinions are justified. You cannot roast a turkey in 10 minutes, or write a novel in a week, or design an RPG for multiple platforms in 12 months as a small, fledgling company. Despite what you say, the game is incomplete. Not because there is unused content on the CD, but because there are side-quests in the game which can be started but not completed, and multiple Holes in the story.

Even though that is the sign of a rushed game, I will still buy the game, patch or no, because of my loyalty to the KOTOR story and Characters. I appreciate your loyalty to an excellent Starwars franchise, which I empathize with.

Regards,

FaramirK

FaramirK, gentle readers:

Having returned to this thread I see 2leet4u is still hiding behind a facade; adopting an attitude of "intelligent, common sense pragmatist", whilst the content is unmitigated solipsism and argumentum ad hominem.

Given the benefit of doubt initially, it is clear that the person is just craving attention (I know I shouldn't respond now as it only encourages, however I didn't want this person to think they were not seen, categorised and dismissed).

This thread is entitled "Guess the Patch release date" with a bunch of humerous responses. An antagonist (2leet4u -- sounds like a script kiddy) responds by picking a fight -- similar to posting a "Xboxusers are losers" on the Xbox forum. This is the definition of trolling.

The "arguments" are purile, opinionated and flawed.

But it does seem that this individual is deriving some enjoyment from this process (otherwise why argue with such unconvincing tactics?)

PS 2leet4u, I do not work in the mental health industry. I'm just not 14 years old, like you seem to be. Now you can graffiti out-of-context excerpts of this post with your infantile scribblings.

I shan't rise to the bait in future.

Normal service resumed...

You would need a spaceship with an infinite improbability drive to reach the patch within the lifetime of our galaxy. (I can't wait for the new HHGttG movie!) (w00t)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

FaramirK, gentle readers:

Having returned to this thread I see 2leet4u is still hiding behind a facade; adopting an attitude of "intelligent, common sense pragmatist", whilst the content is unmitigated solipsism and argumentum ad hominem.

Given the benefit of doubt initially, it is clear that the person is just craving attention (I know I shouldn't respond now as it only encourages, however I didn't want this person to think they were not seen, categorised and dismissed).

This thread is entitled "Guess the Patch release date" with a bunch of humerous responses. An antagonist (2leet4u -- sounds like a script kiddy) responds by picking a fight -- similar to posting a "Xboxusers are losers" on the Xbox forum. This is the definition of trolling.

But it does seem that this individual is deriving some enjoyment from this process (otherwise why argue with such unconvincing tactics?)

PS 2leet4u, I do not work in the mental health industry. I'm just not 14 years old, like you seem to be. Now you can graffiti out-of-context excerpts of this post with your infantile scribblings.

Normal service resumed...

You would need a spaceship with an infinite improbability drive to reach the patch within the lifetime of our galaxy. (I can't wait for the new HHGttG movie!) 

You can expect logical and intelligent answer from our friend soon (w00t)

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

You can expect logical and intelligent answer from our friend soon  (w00t)

I dunno, judging by the moderator's actions, it probably won't be long before the attention-starved youngster is banned. :thumbsup:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

You can expect logical and intelligent answer from our friend soon  (w00t)

I dunno, judging by the moderator's actions, it probably won't be long before the attention-starved youngster is banned. :thumbsup:

To be fair, remarks like that are just goading him to respond with something... extreme. And I would prefer for this thread to remain open and at least somewhat on topic, though it's probably too late for the latter.

This thread is entitled "Guess the Patch release date" with a bunch of humerous responses.  An antagonist (2leet4u -- sounds like a script kiddy) responds by picking a fight -- similar to posting a "Xboxusers are losers" on the Xbox forum.  This is the definition of trolling.

Excellent. After reading all of your pompously camouflaged trolling in which you bothered to assign me ALL of the cliched message board stereotypes (kiddy, attention whore, you even attacked my username - how lamer can you get?) all I can say is that you have obviously ran out of ammo. But let's clear up a few things:

I did NOT pick a fight. In fact it was you who baited me to begin with. My original statement wasn't an attack, personal or otherwise, but you twisted it with your demagogic babbling, as it seems to be your modus operandi.

You have miserably failed to defeat any single of my "puerile, opinionated, and flawed" arguments in your whole discourse. In fact, you haven't even tried because you know you can't. It seems to me that it is your arguments that are flawed. Oh wait, you didn't make any.

You say you don't work in the mental health industry, and I think you are being honest. But tell me, are you a politician? Because all of your posts sound like the same empty, high-sounding, flamboyant thrash that all politicians spout nowadays. I'm glad you are familiar with logical fallacies and I'm tempted to point out a few of the ones you made, but come think of it, they can't be logical fallacies if there is no logic in them.

Bottom line is, you are a troll. Perhaps it was not your intention to be one, but you have effectively become one. A pompous, demagogic, sour little troll.

And I have lots of fun with you trolls. :lol:

Did you hear that numbers man? You have been gently warned by the high command. Ohoo  :thumbsup:

What's this, Nur? When you take a beating you run off to mommy? Let me see...

*checks PM tray*

Nothing here, pal. No warnings. That means I'm no closer to being banned than you are. Better luck next time.

Oh and one more thing. At least I discuss the topic at hand. You may agree with me or not but you can't dispute that fact. But you don't even do that. You just jump around pointing with your finger and crying "HA HA!" at the ingenuity that other posters display and you wish you had. You are just another brainless message board buffoon.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Personal attacks will never win or help a debate.

"Brainless buffon!"

"Troll!"

"You're the troll!"

"Attention-whore!"

"Troll!"

"You trolling troll!"

"You're the troll!"

It's all sort of pointless, and leads to back and forth arguements of little value. Something people would do well to keep in mind in this thread.

You are mistaken if you think I'm trying to "win" this debate. There's no such thing as winning over the 'net. And in case you haven't noticed, this thread was already going in circles even before the flaming started. So... yeah. :)

I do have a question for you, 213374U.

What was the reason you made your intitial post. Up until then, this thread had been a mostly lighthearted thread where people who've had trouble with the game could vent a little frustration at the wait for the patch. Almost all the posts were made in a joking manner, and there really wasn't much bashing. So how exactly was this thread the type of thread that goes a "long way toward explaining why the forums were almost closed"? Where was this "blatant effort at bashing OE out of the spite"?

Up until then, this thread had been a mostly lighthearted thread where people who've had trouble with the game could vent a little frustration at the wait for the patch. Almost all the posts were made in a joking manner, and there really wasn't much bashing.

Do you really think so? Read the thread again. Granted, the tone wasn't enough to warrant thread deletion, but some of the comments are the kind of stuff we've been having since February and that in the end got the staff fed up.

Not the thread itself, but how some of the posters derailed it into a LA/OE bashing. The posts are there for everyone to read.