Guess the Patch release date

Im guessing tommorow just because it would make my post reduant.

Did the layoffs at LA effect the patch release date, or did they decide to finish the game? Im getting tired of seeing patch coming soon on the Obsidian main page and would really appericate some actual information on what is up with it. I heard Obsidian handed it over to LA, so how about telling us what it fixed so we have something to look forward to... "Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II PC patch coming soon!"... I feel so lied to, no offense

Lucas will have released a new version of the Original Triology sooner than this patch will be released. Hell, he'll probably have released a new version of the New Trilogy sooner than this patch will be released...

may?

beside fixes,

tactically it would be good to activate the droid factory in the patch.

a remarkable reputation recovery for dev and pub.

existing resources, good trade.

omg that would be such a nice surprise

LA doesn't care about the reputation. They can sell anything aslong as it has the Star Wars title attached to it.

It dosen't really matter now anyway. What we got here is another Homeworld 2 phenomenon, I've had time to play through it thrice, get all enthusiastic about the game and then get really tired of it before the patch ever came out. When it did come out, about 2 months after all that, I downloaded it for good measure, but I never installed it, and I haven't played the game again either.

Even if the patch comes out, you gotta wonder if you're gonna play the game again just because of that.

Even if the patch comes out, you gotta wonder if you're gonna play the game again just because of that.

If all it does is fix bugs/glitches, I suspect those who have stopped playing already/didn't suffer too much from such things in the first place, won't play it again just for that.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The way I see it, if they wanted to patch this game they should've done so before, I didn't get that many problems with the game and I don't feel the need to add new content. Kotor2 paid for itself (50 hours+ gameplay is above average these days making it worthwhile), it was a good buy, and I feel I've had my fun with that game, nuff said.

Threads like this go a long way toward explaining why the forums were almost closed.

... because censorship will solve all the greivances held by the CUSTOMERS WHO BOUGHT THE FAULTY PRODUCT. [/sarcasm] :rolleyes:

Really, if anyone who might be able to rescue the situation cared, they would be using these fora --- it's good business to retain customers rather than go out and generate more. For one thing, my disposable income is significantly larger than any new audience members, as I became a fan with the first movie ... the new audiences won't even have a disposable income for a decade.

They've lost me as one of the "must buy" fans of the games. I'll be very careful before I ever buy a Star Wars product again. :p

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

... because censorship will solve all the greivances held by the CUSTOMERS WHO BOUGHT THE FAULTY PRODUCT. [/sarcasm]  :rolleyes:

No. Don't twist the truth. This thread serves no useful purpose at all. It is not a discussion about the game, and it holds no constructive criticism at all. It is just a blatant effort at bashing OE out of the spite of some people who can't deal with disappointment and frustration.

I wasn't talking about censorship, mind you. I was talking about total closure of the boards. That isn't censorship, it's just the removal of a service whose privileges are being systematically misused and abused by immature fanboys and outright trolls.

Get this in your little head once and for all. These boards aren't the place to "solve the grievances" you might have. In fact, there is no such place even though some places will allow it. You have a "grievance" with the game or OE? Return it and never buy anything from these people again. That is your only right. They don't owe you jack. Deal with it.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

... because censorship will solve all the greivances held by the CUSTOMERS WHO BOUGHT THE FAULTY PRODUCT. [/sarcasm]  :rolleyes:

No. Don't twist the truth. This thread serves no useful purpose at all. It is not a discussion about the game, and it holds no constructive criticism at all. It is just a blatant effort at bashing OE out of the spite of some people who can't deal with disappointment and frustration.

I wasn't talking about censorship, mind you. I was talking about total closure of the boards. That isn't censorship, it's just the removal of a service whose privileges are being systematically misused and abused by immature fanboys and outright trolls.

Get this in your little head once and for all. These boards aren't the place to "solve the grievances" you might have. In fact, there is no such place even though some places will allow it. You have a "grievance" with the game or OE? Return it and never buy anything from these people again. That is your only right. They don't owe you jack. Deal with it.

It's funny that a significant proportion of the contributors to this forum seem to disagree with your point of view. Still, you sound like a grown up, so I'm sure you can deal with that.

And why do so many people have to "deal with disapointment and frustration" ?

I disagree -- I think that giving people the ability to blow off some steam on a forum may go a long way to preventing a lot of bad will in the market place ... someone somewhere would only start up a www.kotor2diedotdiedotdie.org website.

In fact I do have a legitimate greivance with the game I bought in good faith. (I haven't been so disapointed since I bought the last Lara Croft mess.) And, yes, I have written to customer services with my complaint.

Finally, I shall indeed vote with my wallet and be more skeptical next time a Star Wars product is released to the public.

But thanks for the advice, you seemed to enjoy giving it -- so my post has indeed -- additionally -- performed a mental hygiene service.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It's funny that a significant proportion of the contributors to this forum seem to disagree with your point of view.

Collective wrongness isn't unheard of.

And why do so many people have to "deal with disapointment and frustration" ?

I disagree -- I think that giving people the ability to blow off some steam on a forum may go a long way to preventing a lot of bad will in the market place ... someone somewhere would only start up a www.kotor2diedotdiedotdie.org website.

Not on the official forums. These are corporate boards and they have an image to maintain. The livelihoods of the people who work here may depend on it. And people have to deal with disappointment and frustration if only because it's an integral part of life. Specifically, I find it pretty amusing that people seem to be so enraged over something as trivial as a videogame.

But at any rate, the bottom line is still the same. OE don't owe you anything. Not even a place where to vent off steam. If you think I'm wrong, read the license contract again.

In fact I do have a legitimate greivance with the game I bought in good faith.

Then you should have read more reviews. You can't expect to supply common sense with "good faith" and have the results be good. They may be sloppy developers, but you are a negligent customer.

But thanks for the advice, you seemed to enjoy giving it -- so my post has indeed -- additionally -- performed a mental hygiene service.

Amateurish attempts at psychobabble-based trolling always bring up a smile with me. But I've endured worse. Keep trying, though.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Many people are frustrated with OE and LA and I personally believe they do deserve a little bashing and Im sure they know it. In my opnion TSL could of been a great game and Im sure it is to some people, but to me it is unfinshed.

After playing it once I was left feeling extremely disappointed and a bit ripped off. So I came to hope they would address the many issues that left me feeling that way in a patch.. That is why I came to these forums.

This thread does serve a very important purpose. I have been checking The OE website for several weeks now and I feel lied to by this statement "Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II PC patch coming soon!"... After seeing that up week after week I felt a need to vent just a little and this thread seemed a good a place as any. If OE doesnt want this maybe they should close the forums. How hard would it be to give us some real info on the patch and what it fixes?

Maybe they have there reasons but it seriously makes me think more then twice about getting anything from LA or OE in the future.. I can only hope the reason it is taking so long is that LA is adding content, If not I know I will not bother even looking at anything they release in the future, and that really hurts but I feel it is the only way to improve the quality of all future games.

Just one persons opinion.

If OE doesnt want this maybe they should close the forums.

That was my point to begin with. Nothing more, nothing less.

How hard would it be to give us some real info on the patch and what it fixes?

I wouldn't know. Neither would you or any other of the posters here for that matter. And that's why I dont guess and/or troll until it's out.

Not on the official forums. These are corporate boards and they have an image to maintain. The livelihoods of the people who work here may depend on it. And people have to deal with disappointment and frustration if only because it's an integral part of life. Specifically, I find it pretty amusing that people seem to be so enraged over something as trivial as a videogame.

But at any rate, the bottom line is still the same. OE don't owe you anything. Not even a place where to vent off steam. If you think I'm wrong, read the license contract again.

In fact I do have a legitimate greivance with the game I bought in good faith.

Then you should have read more reviews. You can't expect to supply common sense with "good faith" and have the results be good. They may be sloppy developers, but you are a negligent customer.

Amateurish attempts at psychobabble-based trolling always bring up a smile with me. But I've endured worse. Keep trying, though.

So many issues.

1. Why should I care for the livelihoods of corporates who don't give a jot for me?

2. I really don't think this company is going to suffer unduly -- or unfairly -- because of a poor release.

3. I don't blame Obsidian. The game development was pretty sound. The problem was that the game was released before it was ready, and I (however niaively) believe that someone, somewhere within Obsidian might be interested in hearing public opinion (including fair greivances) in general (which includes mine in particular).

4. I play games to escape from real life (including disapointments) -- I don't need them in my game playing. If I want disapointment, I can watch the 6 o'clock news and see how the duly elected politicians are making a mess of the planet.

5. Every review I read before I bought the game gave it 80% or more (and I subscribe to 3 magazines) ... it was only much later that someone wrote a polemic.

6. Reading the forum is arguably a better was to obtain a review of the game, except if we follow your edicts and obliterate any dissenting comments and simply subscribe to a corporate propaganda policy.

7. If you think the video game is so trivial, why are you bothering to make comments on the forum? Surely you have better things to do? I'm providing feedback to anyone who is interested in reading it.

8. I never said Obsidian owe me anything in the financial transaction I performed with them -- I am well versed in the legalaties. (I did imply that morally Obsidian, or more specifically, Lucas Arts might.) I said that allowing people to raise greivances would be a service that a smart corporate would utilise. Caveat emptor is a mantra to poor businesses. Losing customers to make quick profit is a short-term tactic, not a strategy for long-term corporate growth.

9. My psycho bable goes a lot further than you can imagine. Still, you seem to be enjoying your rebuttals. Once again, this disproves your main assertion that this thread (and those like it) serve only to threaten the existence of the forum. Specifically, I find it pretty amusing that you seem to be so enraged over something as trivial as a forum thread.

Take your time to formulate anything you want to post here because I am logging off for the night.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT