Do you always read the spoiler tag text?

Do you always read the spoiler tagged text?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Do you always read the spoiler tagged text?

• Yes. I just can't help myself!
    • No. I have enough willpower to not spoil my game
    • I've played enough to not get spoilt (or don't care)
    • Oh no, another useless poll

OK, the spoiler has it's uses, but I have to admit that I just can't help myself and I will read every block of spoiler text. Luckily I've finished the game at least once, but still, it's almost as if that black highlighting attracts people to read it deliberately.

I'm not trying to dissuade people from using the spoiler tag text, or telling people it's useless.

Would you read the text even if you knew you were spoiling it for yourself?

The spoiler tagged text is the black block of text which you read by highlighting it.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

OK, the spoiler has it's uses, but I have to admit that I just can't help myself and I will read every block of spoiler text. Luckily I've finished the game at least once, but still, it's almost as if that black highlighting attracts people to read it deliberately.

I'm not trying to dissuade people from using the spoiler tag text, or telling people it's useless.

Would you read the text even if you knew you were spoiling it for yourself?

The spoiler tagged text is the black block of text which you read by highlighting it.

I didn't even visit the board until I beat the game. But I do read the spoiler tags, because I can't be spoilt.

I've played enough that I only want to see what different interpretations other folks may have.

Playing a game of this type, I avoid the forums altogether unless I have specific tech issues. That's because those blacked-out sections are a huge draw. And even with an extraordinary Will Save, you really can't count on the tags being used uniformly, even avoiding the obvious SPOILER section. That's common to all forums. I just like to make up my own mind first, then go see what others thought. If I really like a particular game, and the discussion is intelligent and civil, I'll post. (And try very hard to discern what a spoiler actually is, besides a very subjective and emotional issue. I do find it hard to sympathize with those why cry and complain they were spoiled after reading everything in the SPOILER section. Duh.)