About the HK Factory

We all know it was cutted, however, after hearing the sound files where HK-47 tortures a HK-50 unit, he said it was on Telos. Today when I started my Darkside Character and went through the Old Military Base on Telos, I noticed a door, that leaded to "Telos Military Base Sub-Level", it was Magneticly locked and I couldnt open. Then I thought it was just for show, and went away. After getting in the small spacecraft and going to the Polar Region, there is a cutscene with some HK-50 units inside that base (coincidence?) and say "The Spaceship that was here was taken, probably by our target..." now... how would they know there was a spaceship there? Unless they have been there before...

All made sense, that door should have lead to the HK Factory in the "complete" game.

I also had this question, is the HK Factory just impossible to reach or it isnt complete? (Area wise, like the Droid planet and Malachor 5, wich areas missing)

I know I know, this is probably old ~_~ and Im sorry for that.

I haven't read anything about Malachor V being shortened - I'm not saying I don't believe, I just haven't looked at everything that was cut or changed cos there's so much.

As for the droid factory/Telos sealed sub-level, have you listened to the files where HK-47 is inside the droid factory and the HK-50s are commentating on his progress? That might clear up some your questions.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I haven't read anything about Malachor V being shortened - I'm not saying I don't believe, I just haven't looked at everything that was cut or changed cos there's so much.

As for the droid factory/Telos sealed sub-level, have you listened to the files where HK-47 is inside the droid factory and the HK-50s are commentating on his progress? That might clear up some your questions.

I havent, what is the name of the soundfile? (And its directory :D)

I havent, what is the name of the soundfile? (And its directory :D)

I would've told you originally but I couldn't remember. Anyway, I looked it up and I've found it:

\StreamVoice\298\

I got all this info from another thread, and some of the voices are based on answers which you ask (playing as HK-47), so you'll have to work out the question based on the answers you hear. I think only one of folders involves the conversation between HK-47 and thte 50s, but the bits where they talk about you in the facility are entertaining...classic HK talk. :lol:

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

I also had this question, is the HK Factory just impossible to reach or it isnt complete? (Area wise, like the Droid planet and Malachor 5, wich areas missing)

In the PC version, it is impossible to reach because the module files are not available (unless you download the module files that someone lifted from their XBox version), although the model and voice files are still there. I'm not sure about the XBox version, but I think you can cheat yourself onto the level, but it would also be unreachable through normal gameplay.

In both versions, it is complete (enough) area-wise, but incomplete content-wise. Despite what some people may be saying in other HK Factory posts, it's not nearly as simple as adding a few triggers and removing the visible gameplay programmer comments from the dialogue. I've been helping to restore the HK Factory for the past few weeks, and we've had to make additions and edits almost across the board - scripts, cutscene dialogs, character dialogs, console dialogs, triggers, map display, blueprints, etc.

Both \StreamVoice\298\ (military base sub-level) and \StreamVoice\299\ (HK factory) will contain the VOs you're interested in. If you download the modules themselves, you can also check out the dialogs that they are associated with.

but i think its weard too that they say in the soundfiles it is on telos ...

because

what was the planet they cut?

M4-78 (the Droid Planet), and the HK Factory on Telos are two separate areas. Iirc, it has been generally stated that most/some of the HK Factory content was salvaged from the cut Droid Planet.

There's quite a bit of stuff cut from Malachor V, but most of it is cutscenes/dialogue, rather than new areas (although there are a few locked away areas too apparently).

Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords Restoration Project

http://www.team-gizka.org

There's quite a bit of stuff cut from Malachor V, but most of it is cutscenes/dialogue, rather than new areas (although there are a few locked away areas too apparently).

If it's the stuff about Party-members fighting each other and all the rest of that "well-known" stuff then yes, I know about those, but nothing on cut areas of Malachor, unless those areas were involved with the cut dialog.

sigpic0yb.jpg

If it's the stuff about Party-members fighting each other and all the rest of that "well-known" stuff then yes, I know about those, but nothing on cut areas of Malachor, unless those areas were involved with the cut dialog.

You can actually see some of the cut areas of the Trayus academy in the game. Just head over to the Trayus Proving Grounds and walk as close as possible to the walls. After doing that, look at your map. You will see several bullet point markers in the black void outside of the map. One is a meditation chamber, another is a cell block. Using the reveal map cheat will show you even more of these bullet points. Another interesting thing to note is that if you check your map while in the main area of the Trayus Academy, you will notice that the doors to the Trayus Cresent are called "Entrance to Trayus Prison". This makes me think that the Trayus Cresent was originally the area where you found your party members, while the other path through the Trayus Proving Grounds would take you straight to Kreia. I base this on a cut peice of dialogue (which is still partially in the game) in which Kreia says to Lord Sion "When the exile enters Trayus academy he/she will be faced with a choice. One path will lead straight here to the Trayus Core, the other will lead him/her to his/her friends, though he/she will become weaker for it."

You can actually see some of the cut areas of the Trayus academy in the game. Just head over to the Trayus Proving Grounds and walk as close as possible to the walls. After doing that, look at your map. You will see several bullet point markers in the black void outside of the map. One is a meditation chamber, another is a cell block. Using the reveal map cheat will show you even more of these bullet points. Another interesting thing to note is that if you check your map while in the main area of the Trayus Academy, you will notice that the doors to the Trayus Cresent are called "Entrance to Trayus Prison". This makes me think that the Trayus Cresent was originally the area where you found your party members, while the other path through the Trayus Proving Grounds would take you straight to Kreia. I base this on a cut peice of dialogue (which is still partially in the game) in which Kreia says to Lord Sion "When the exile enters Trayus academy he/she will be faced with a choice. One path will lead straight here to the Trayus Core, the other will lead him/her to his/her friends, though he/she will become weaker for it."

I don't know about those with the reveal map cheat, but those ones in the void that I saw roughly corresponded to actual areas on the map if the markers are moved over the map. I think the markers are just in the wrong places, not actual undiscovered areas.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

No, it's really "new" areas. There is also a third bar on Nar Shadaa (the door behind the Trandoshan who tells you about the bounty hunter) and the area near Vogga's place. You'll also find a few additional rooms on Onderon but they are empty.

Here is a screenie that shows the position of the unused area on Malachor (it looks just the same as the rest of the Academy: gray and red rooms, not much to see. ) - Edit: oops forgot the screenie, here it is: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Darth333/newareas.jpg -

I didn't take a screenie of the bar.

You can open all the closed doors if you download my "whereami armband" from here: http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php and patch it with these two files: http://mars.walagata.com/w/darth333/armband.zip . The armband was originally made for modders so they could get the player coordinates and determine the location to place new placeables and npcs. The patch adds the possibility to open any door. You simply have to stand in front of the door you want to open and activate the armband to open it (note that sometimes there are invisible doors between visible doors so you have to activate it more than once to pass the door.)

No, it's really "new" areas. There is also a third bar on Nar Shadaa (the door behind the Trandoshan who tells you about the bounty hunter) and the area near Vogga's place. You'll also find a few additional rooms on Onderon but they are empty.

Here is a screenie that shows the position of the unused area on Malachor (it looks just the same as the rest of the Academy: gray and red rooms, not much to see. I didn't take a screenie of the bar.

You can open all the closed doors if you download my "whereami armband" from here: http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php and patch it with these two  files:  http://mars.walagata.com/w/darth333/armband.zip . The armband was originally made for modders so they could get the player coordinates and determine the location to place new placeables and npcs. The patch adds the possibility to open any door. You simply have to stand in front of the door you want to open and activate the armband to open it (note that sometimes there are invisible doors between visible doors so you have to activate it more than once to pass the door.)

Well, I can't see your screenie, and I can't really be bothered downloading the armband, but since you're the expert on these things, I'll take your word that they are undiscovered areas.

Shame they're empty, though.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Well, I went through the Trayus Cresent using the armband to unlock all of the doors, and I must say it is very interesting. There are several cutscene triggers showing jedi corpses that are said to contain powerful crystals, along with a room with containment cells in it, most likely where some of your party members would be found. i suggest you go through that area with the armband if you have some spare time!