Help with Handmaiden as Jedi

Okay, when I go to tell Handmaiden yes I will train her as a Jedi the screen switches to Kreia where she says "betrayal". After she says this a load screen comes up and I am suddenly in the Telos Academy but no one is there and you cannot leave. When you go to the Ebon Hawk it will not let you board. What is this? Can anyone help?

Okay, when I go to tell Handmaiden yes I will train her as a Jedi the screen switches to Kreia where she says "betrayal". After she says this a load screen comes up and I am suddenly in the Telos Academy but no one is there and you cannot leave. When you go to the Ebon Hawk it will not let you board. What is this? Can anyone help?

KOTOR1 and KOTOR2 were made with a modified version of the Neverwinter Nights game engine.

The way they make a cutscene is by transporting your character to the area, applying an invisibility and ghost effect to it and using your character as a camera man.

My guess is the script is busted and it fails to send you back to the ebon hawk after the cutscene. Maybe try reinstalling. Other than doing that, I have no clue how to fix it without a toolset.

How far along in the game are you? If you try to train the Handmaiden as a Jedi after you've found 4 of the Jedi Masters you will run into this problem. If so, the only thing you can do is to reload an earlier save and train her before having found 4 Masters, or simply avoid training her.

How far along in the game are you? If you try to train the Handmaiden as a Jedi after you've found 4 of the Jedi Masters you will run into this problem. If so, the only thing you can do is to reload an earlier save and train her before having found 4 Masters, or simply avoid training her.

Okay. Yea I had Atton as a Jedi for a long time but I didn't bother much with Handmaiden until the last minute so yea I had already destroyed the Jedi Masters so thats what it was I guess. THanks

KOTOR1 and KOTOR2 were made with a modified version of the Neverwinter Nights game engine.

The way they make a cutscene is by transporting your character to the area, applying an invisibility and ghost effect to it and using your character as a camera man.

My guess is the script is busted and it fails to send you back to the ebon hawk after the cutscene.  Maybe try reinstalling.  Other than doing that, I have no clue how to fix it without a toolset.

I remember playing through hordes of the underdark and having my character appear in every cutscene when he was miles away, which was bloody annoying to say the least

• 2 weeks later...

Have tried numerous times to make Handmadien, Mira, and Atton jedi...have failed with all of tehm. Made Bao-Dur a jedi several times but no luck with the others. I've tried conversations of several types, I've taken them with me on missions to gain influence, nothing. Can ANYONE give me some tips or advice? This is really irritating me.

Miklos

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/file/s...i_influence.txt

You really only need to gain influence about 3 times (maybe 4 in a couple cases) to get them to open up and start blathering about being a jedi.

Some encounters are multiple-character-possible and random - ie, Atton and Bao will both gain influence for something, but if they're both in your party, only one will get the influence, and which one it is is randomly chosen. So remove other party members if you want to be sure a certain person gets it.

Edit - the FAQ doesn't give you a step by step dialogue guide, just where and how.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Also, the Handmaiden feels she knows someone best by fighting them and observing them in battle. Spar with her while on the ship. There will be 3 different times/levels when you may do this; the 3rd and last is at level 18. The Influence shoots up for that. :ermm:

evil_twin.jpg

Have tried numerous times to make Handmadien, Mira, and Atton jedi...have failed with all of tehm. Made Bao-Dur a jedi several times but no luck with the others. I've tried conversations of several types, I've taken them with me on missions to gain influence, nothing. Can ANYONE give me some tips or advice? This is really irritating me.

Miklos

On top of influence, in Atton's case, you have to walk through the Refugee Sector on Nar Shaddaa and talk to those Twi'leks that approach you. They'll tell you something about Atton, and you can ask him about it. At that point, if your influence with him is high enough, you can turn him into a Jedi.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Miklos

On top of influence, in Atton's case, you have to walk through the Refugee Sector on Nar Shaddaa and talk to those Twi'leks that approach you. They'll tell you something about Atton, and you can ask him about it. At that point, if your influence with him is high enough, you can turn him into a Jedi.

Yeah, the only problem is that if you open up that dialogue before you have enough influence with him, you ruin your chances of ever having Atton become a Jedi.

Yeah, the only problem is that if you open up that dialogue before you have enough influence with him, you ruin your chances of ever having Atton become a Jedi.

Really? I figured you'd still be able to ask him later on... to be quite honest, it's never been an issue in my case because I've always raked in loads of influence with him. I always thought he was easy to get influence with.

Yeah, that's right. I just said Atton was easy. :geek:

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Yeah, I had that dialogue before I had enough influence and it didnt stop me making him a jedi later. Shouldnt be a problem.

OK, I didn't think so, because I've run into problems while trying to turn Disciple into a Jedi where he'll say no, then I suck up to him more and he'll change his mind.

So I figured Atton (and the others) would pretty well be the same.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

You must be thinking of something else or your game is bugged or something because that isn't true.

I've also triggered about 3/4 of his Jedi-talk and then continued it later when I got 1 more influence. He just says he's 'not ready' when you hit the wall.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/file/s...i_influence.txt

You really only need to gain influence about 3 times (maybe 4 in a couple cases) to get them to open up and start blathering about being a jedi.

Sorry to open an old thread/topic, but in this latest game I sparred with Handmaiden one time and decided I'd wait on the second (well, okay, she kicked my butt) ... and when I came back she was all mad and won't even talk to me. It was kinda funny for a little while, I even asked for advice from my buddy Atton--but it's not any more. Kreia and she are plotting against me. Not that HM isn't a good fighter as is, but she's boring and now I'll never know her name or who her mommy was. Meh. I've heard this happens if INF with Visas is more than that with Handmaiden, but it's hard NOT to get INF with Visas. She was 100% almost instantly, and she arrived at the end of my first planet (Nar Shaddaa).

I guess this seems a more natural reason for HM to run off with Kreia to fight Atris later, but... do you ever find out about her Jedi background? I guess it wasn't critical to the story, but it was interesting in the Kreia vs. Kae angle. This was like my 6th playthrough, and I never had this happen before. I'm building INF with her again, but I've got the feeling that it isn't going to help. And I'm wondering if I just condemned Visas to death.