Storyline Theory

Well, regardless, there is more going on than we know. You don't just go on a day trip and come back as a Sith Lord, so something happened to Revan and Malak. It can't have been just discovering the Star Forge.

And the Korriban Sith coming from the Exar Kun connection is an idea. But how did Revan and Malak integrate into that group?

We already know they resist the newest, strongest thing (saying I pick Malak, now kill me!)

Something's going on!

"You shall not pass!"

It makes me wonder, if Malak never betrayed Revan, would the sith lords be in power right now?

It would depend on what the Sith Lords are, I'd say... but we won't know until the game, I suppose.

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

The theories in this thread are amazing. Better than some in the past weeks. Sabahattin Dere... wow! Everyone says in KOTOR that when Revan and Malak left they came back changed. Not just turning to the darkside but something else. While studying the magics, or whatever Revan learned, he must have learned that there were other Sith Lords or just a Sith Lord alive out there somewhere. This Sith Lord could probably have complete Revan's training and Revan took on Malak as his apprentice. But I do believe the picture is way larger than just Revan and Malak versus the Republic and Revan being redeemed or regaining his mantle as Dark Lord. In Ep. I, II and possibly III the picture is larger then Anakin and Padme falling in love or Anakin turning but it's about Palpatine's master plan. But if I remember, Canderous said that the Sith retreated back to their empire. Perhaps they were not hiding but planning something big which would occur whether or not Revan was redeemed. Indeed Revan is powerful, but their are bigger things happening than even he can handle. I wouldn't be surprised if Revan disappeared because he knew what was coming and had to regroup whether he was good or bad.

is it possible that Revan and Malak turned to the darkside while searching for the starforge and stumbled across the sith empire along the way and Revan successfully challenged the reigning Dark Lord, therefore making him the new one. As for the ones in KOTOR 2 could it be they were already sith lords at that period and chose not to follow Revan and instead took their followers and disappeared. Darth Sions porfile dosent say why he is so badly beaten perhaps he had a disagreement with revan and came out of it in a bad way...... and instead chose to just wait it out and if DS, now that Revan is weakened by his memory loss and malak is dead the other sith lords come back and decided they want their empire back, or if LS they come back and take over where Revan left off?

I'd be honest. I have to wonder if Revan and Malak were true Sith. You know, I was thinking they might have fought in the Mandalorians Wars, and simply became all dark Jedi. They just ASSUMED they were the Sith. Just a thought.

it says on one of the loading screens "sith of this era are not a species but followers of an ideal, true sith died out centuries ago" so the sith are just darkside force users with the strongest leading, so revan and malak were just dark jedi, with revan being the most powerful in the universe, therefore leading the sith :lol:

As you said the Sith are followers of an ideal, they follow this ideal, therefore they are sith!

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

While referring to the sith lords as 'they', I think we shouldn't readily deduce that they are acting collectively -that's against their nature as we know all to well (?!)

I believe that not only were these S.L. enemies of Malak, but they are in strife amongst one another as well. Which brings us to how the adventure will unfold for our pc in TSL. It could be that once these S.L. discover that there remains 'one last Jedi' (from their POV), they'll want to turn him to their side, to more forcefully attack the republic. The official trailer itself reveals this much, and does that very clearly. I presume this will take place somewhat later in the game when the main character has accomplished some important deeds that will catch the S.L.'s attention. Now: Why should it not be the case that the pc becomes apprentice to one of the Sith Lords, as that particular Lord battles against the other Sith? This might be how 'the story explores master-apprentice relationships' -which the devs. announced quite early, that it would. I'm also speculating that the LS candidate for Master is Atris

-but anyway, back on the latest discussion: In saying that the Sith Lords themselves could be figthing one another, we seem to reach a dead end concerning the question how it came about, then, that the republic and the Jedi were so badly crippled during those 5 years, if those Sith Lords weren't acting in unison. On the other hand -how could they work collectively, being not just sith, but Dark Lords??? Maybe they started off together, but then fell in dispute, or, now that the republic was weak enough, began to betray their alliance -and perhaps that's where the action for us players starts?

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

Perhaps the strife between the Dark Lords is not as big as the opportunity to take out the Republic once and for all. They perhaps put there egos aside for once and pounce on the Republic. Question is where were they, and why wait until this time to take on the Republic? And the obvious question is where is Revan and what prior association, if any, does he have with these Sith Lords?

i agree they are probably all working for their own personal gain but i can't see a group of Sith Lords(presumably being sith lords for a fair bit of time and behind organising the mandalorian war) being happy at the thought of an outsider like Revan setting himself up as Dark Lord.

i agree they are probably all working for their own personal gain but i can't see a group of Sith Lords(presumably being sith lords for a fair bit of time and behind organising the mandalorian war) being happy at the thought of an outsider like Revan setting himself up as Dark Lord.

While that can be true, Revan could have been a pawn that they were using. If I have read the SW forums correctly it seems that Count Dooku was a pawn so that Anakin could take his spot. As I said even though Revan was both smart and powerful, I think he was too headstrong to think that he could have been a pawn in an even larger picture for these Sith Lords.

but if he was a pawn then surely these sith lords would know about the star forge, and if thats the case you would think they would intervene when the jedi sent revan against malak/to find the star forge rather than lose a valuable production centre.

then again he could just be a diversion to deplete the republic...but then that brings you back to the sith lords manipulating him but as said in previous posts how likely are they to be working together?

And if Korriban was on the side of the old Sith Lords, Sion, etc., why should that bbranch of Sith choose to join Revan, rejecting the old Sith, unless Revan overthrew them.

They didn't seem to happy to accept Revan when he came back.

Maybe it was an alliance of sorts -- they followed Revan because he was strong.

Yet that doesn't explain where the other Sith Lords were all this time.

Joking Idea:

All three were hiding in the mysterious 5th Sith Tomb Hidden Level on Korriban!

"You shall not pass!"

The theories in this thread are amazing. Better than some in the past weeks. Sabahattin Dere... wow! Everyone says in KOTOR that when Revan and Malak left they came back changed. Not just turning to the darkside but something else. While studying the magics, or whatever Revan learned, he must have learned that there were other Sith Lords or just a Sith Lord alive out there somewhere. This Sith Lord could probably have complete Revan's training and Revan took on Malak as his apprentice. But I do believe the picture is way larger than just Revan and Malak versus the Republic and Revan being redeemed or regaining his mantle as Dark Lord. In Ep. I, II and possibly III the picture is larger then Anakin and Padme falling in love or Anakin turning but it's about Palpatine's master plan. But if I remember, Canderous said that the Sith retreated back to their empire. Perhaps they were not hiding but planning something big which would occur whether or not Revan was redeemed. Indeed Revan is powerful, but their are bigger things happening than even he can handle. I wouldn't be surprised if Revan disappeared because he knew what was coming and had to regroup whether he was good or bad.

We knew what gave Revan and Malak power, and the guts, to challange the republic, the Star Forge. But it was never truly explained to us on exactly how they fell to the dark side.

Whatever happened, Revan might be self fufilling propecy; when he defeated Malak he may have defeated himself.

If you think about it, if he was LS, the Republic has been invaded by Malak's "Sith", and they wasted a lot of manpower to destroy the Star Forge, because of Bastila's Battle Meditation. (Ironically, they also won because it). And Revan killed Malak, the leader of the current "Sith" is gone. With the Republic weak, Revan without his Star Forge, the Republic was to weak to defend the Outer Rim, attacks from Sith or otherwise.

If you DS, I guess something caused the destruction of the Star Forge. I don't know what, but it is obvious to me that Revan has lost his title of "sith lord". It's obvious to me that Revan may have messed up somewhere; he may not tied "loose ends" within the Sith Empire.

Maybe it depends on what path you choose in the beginning.

Revan and Bastila could be allies at the end against the final Sith Lord, ... or they could be the Dark Lords themselves!

Or maybe it's a Sith Civil War. With the Jedi all but gone, they're all bickering over who should rule. Perhaps the three Sith Lords you hear of are all independently fighting for control.

Or maybe it's just like KOTOR, where there were lots of Sith, but only three or four Sith Lords (Malak, Bandon, then Bastila, and of course Revan [sometimes]).

It seemed to me that, while there are lots of Sith around, there are only ever two actual Dark Lords of the Sith at a time: the Master and the Apprentice. After Darth Bane in the EU, the order was reduced to just those two so that it would survive.

So if there are three or more, something's going on.

"You shall not pass!"

but if he was a pawn then surely these sith lords would know about the star forge, and if thats the case you would think they would intervene when the jedi sent revan against malak/to find the star forge rather than lose a valuable production centre.

then again he could just be a diversion to deplete the republic...but then that brings you back to the sith lords manipulating him but as said in previous posts how likely are they to be working together?

Good points. Like Vader said, the Death Star was insignificant next to the power of the force. This could probably apply to the Star Forge as well, while it helped the Sith it wasn't all that important to them. Darth Malak enjoyed having Bastila as his apprentice because of her battle meditation but rathered Revan instead. Also I know it is unlikely for these guys to work together but why would they be against each other in the first place. Don't they have any knowledge of the original Sith Lords and how they destroyed each other? Or was this unknown to them?

We knew what gave Revan and Malak power, and the guts, to challange the republic, the Star Forge. But it was never truly explained to us on exactly how they fell to the dark side.

Whatever happened, Revan might be self fufilling propecy; when he defeated Malak he may have defeated himself.

If you think about it, if he was LS, the Republic  has been invaded by Malak's "Sith", and they wasted a lot of manpower to destroy the Star Forge, because of Bastila's Battle Meditation. (Ironically, they also won because it). And Revan killed Malak, the leader of the current "Sith" is gone. With the Republic weak, Revan without his Star Forge, the Republic was to weak to defend the Outer Rim, attacks from Sith or otherwise.

If you DS, I guess something caused the destruction of the Star Forge. I don't know what, but it is obvious to me that Revan has lost his title of "sith lord". It's obvious to me that Revan may have messed up somewhere; he may not tied "loose ends" within the Sith Empire.

Where could have Revan messed up? And what loose ends did he not tie? Maybe this is due to him not regaining his memory perhaps. Master Vrook believed that their journey started right at the academy when they turned. I remember Zhar saying that Revan was eager to learn about Sith teachings. I think there was more that Revan learned more than just about the Star Forge and the Council didn't know anything about this.

Maybe it depends on what path you choose in the beginning.

Revan and Bastila could be allies at the end against the final Sith Lord, ... or they could be the Dark Lords themselves!

Or maybe it's a Sith Civil War. With the Jedi all but gone, they're all bickering over who should rule. Perhaps the three Sith Lords you hear of are all independently fighting for control.

Or maybe it's just like KOTOR, where there were lots of Sith, but only three or four Sith Lords (Malak, Bandon, then Bastila, and of course Revan [sometimes]).

It seemed to me that, while there are lots of Sith around, there are only ever two actual Dark Lords of the Sith at a time: the Master and the Apprentice. After Darth Bane in the EU, the order was reduced to just those two so that it would survive.

So if there are three or more, something's going on.

That makes me wonder; could an apprentice such as Bandon, could be a sith Lord?

If you think about it, if he was LS, the Republic  has been invaded by Malak's "Sith", and they wasted a lot of manpower to destroy the Star Forge, because of Bastila's Battle Meditation. (Ironically, they also won because it). And Revan killed Malak, the leader of the current "Sith" is gone. With the Republic weak, Revan without his Star Forge, the Republic was to weak to defend the Outer Rim, attacks from Sith or otherwise.

Where could have Revan messed up? And what loose ends did he not tie? Maybe this is due to him not regaining his memory perhaps. Master Vrook believed that their journey started right at the academy when they turned. I remember Zhar saying that Revan was eager to learn about Sith teachings. I think there was more that Revan learned more than just about the Star Forge and the Council didn't know anything about this.

That's the problem. We don't know if it didn't mess up, and he might not have tied loose ends. I mean, why isn't Revan the head Sith Lord this time around? He must have screwed up somewhere.

That's the problem. We don't know if it didn't mess up, and he might not have tied loose ends. I mean, why isn't Revan the head Sith Lord this time around? He must have screwed up somewhere.

Maybe Revan didn't follow some kind of ritual when you end on DS to become The Dark Lord and was told by these Sith Lords and was exiled. What I want to ask you is do have a theory of what Revan might have messed up and what loose ends he might not have tied?

in this time period its poosible to exist more sith lords than two like in the movies, you know like in the jedi order there are many knights,

but there is only one master or leader sith. And his chosen apprentice is

second to power because the master teaches and reveals him every deepest knowledge and secret plans. The other sith who have earned lordship have to wait the right oportunity to rise in ranks.

Right on.

Bandon was a Sith Lord because he wasn't just an Apprentice, he was an apprentice to the Big Boss Sith Lord. It's been the same with Maul, Tyranus and Vader. All were apprentices to Sidious. All were Dark lrods of the Sith.

"You shall not pass!"