Storyline Theory

One thing I've been asking myself is how the Sith got so powerful in the five years since KotOR, no matter how you ended the game. I mean, if you chose the Darkside then all well and good, but if you chose the Lightside then I can't see it.

Also, in your rampage through KotOR you killed a significant amount of Sith, wiping out their homeworld in the process, killing the Sith Lord and his apprentice and the three sub-leaders on the Star Forge.

I just played through the game again and came across an interesting line of dialogue. I can't remember the exact wording I'll try and recreate it as best I can.

When you were talking to Canderous at some point and he's babbling about how the Mandalorians fight for the honour of victory and the glory of battle he lets slip somewhere in there that prior to the Mandalorian War breaking out the Sith approached the Mandalorian Clans and claimed that they new of an enemy worth fighting - the Republic and the Jedi.

But the Sith you meet in KotOR are all corrupted Jedi or new disciples of the Darkside, led by Malak. But Malak and Revan only became Sith after the Mandalorian War. So who are the Sith who started the Mandalorian War by advising Mandalore of the Republic and the Jedi?

These Sith seem alot more formidable than those you actually meet in the game, because they crippled the Republic's defences with not one, but two wars, and decimated the Jedi Order, without even revealing themselves to the Republic or the Jedi.

Perhaps these are the leaders of the Sith you encounter in TSL.

I apologise for the length of the post and please feel free to rip this theory to shreds.

Guest Fallen Jedi

You got a good theory there...a bit farfetched maybe but still good.

But I think that the Devs created a whole new story and new villains...Not based on one thing Canderous mentioned...

It was mentioned somewhere that as soon as they started the storyline for KotOR they had a sequel open.

Plus I see very few (none actually) ways the Sith from the original game could have become so powerful no matter what ending you chose.

Also I like the idea of two whole wars getting engineered as little more than diversionary attacks to weaken the Republic :rolleyes:

It was mentioned somewhere that as soon as they started the storyline for KotOR they had a sequel open.

Plus I see very few (none actually) ways the Sith from the original game could have become so powerful no matter what ending you chose.

Also I like the idea of two whole wars getting engineered as little more than diversionary attacks to weaken the Republic ;)

most stories are like rivers, there are lots of undercurrents, even if we dont see them straight away :p

Either way you kill about the same amount of sith. If u go DS u see a shot at the end in the Rakatan temple, where there are still a fair number of Sith. Assuming that most of these survive in the LS ending and that how few jedi remain. I think it would not be too difficult for the Sith to rebuild.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

The enemies in TSL are supposed to be a lot more challenging (at least I hope so), and tbh the enemies in KotOR were pathetic. Where have all these powerful Sith Lords come from? And how have they managed to cripple the Republic when the source of their power (the Star Forge) has been destroyed (in the LS ending at least).

I just don't see the remnants of Malak's cronies as a threat on their own.

My point is that the jedi were serverly crippled as well. And I'm sure there must have been atleast one or two powerful Sith commanding ships that wern't at the SF at the time of the battle.

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I know (especially on the LS) they are pushing things a little but it is not beyond the realms of possiblity!

*rereads post*

We are talking about a fictional story just about anything is possible.

*leaves to go get a life*

I'd be honest. I have to wonder if Revan and Malak were true Sith. You know, I was thinking they might have fought in the Mandalorians Wars, and simply became all dark Jedi. They just ASSUMED they were the Sith. Just a thought.

it says on one of the loading screens "sith of this era are not a species but followers of an ideal, true sith died out centuries ago" so the sith are just darkside force users with the strongest leading, so revan and malak were just dark jedi, with revan being the most powerful in the universe, therefore leading the sith :rolleyes:

Ever wonder why, if Revan's Sith Empire is only 5 years old or so, is there a Korriban academy with three generations of Sith (Jorak Uln, Uthar Wynn, Yuthura Ban)?

They seem pretty well set in their ways for some folks that just got started.

What's the deal?

Were there other pre-existent Sith that sided with Revan?

How did he and Malak become Sith anyway? Maybe we'll find out in KOTOR2...?

"You shall not pass!"

Ever wonder why, if Revan's Sith Empire is only 5 years old or so, is there a Korriban academy with three generations of Sith (Jorak Uln, Uthar Wynn, Yuthura Ban)?

What's the deal?

hmm good point, it'll be interesting to find out

I had a similar speculation long ago in a thread that died soon afterwards with this post getting one response only; I'll repost it here.

(mastaGAW @ Jul 9 2004, 08:00 AM)

I'm guessing they were around during KOTOR1. They were part of the reason Revan and Malak fell to the dark side. 

and/or it could be that during Kotor 1, they waited for the Sith Lord-wannabe pretensious fallen Jedi, i.e. Malak, to destroy the Republic with the Star Forge; only then to eliminate him and conquer the galaxy more easily, now that the Republic and the Jedi were out of the way. Now this idea sort of works with both endings for Kotor: If LS, then they saw that they had to deal with an even stronger Republic -with Revan at their side- by themselves, and wreaked havoc on the Jedi during those mysterious '5 years'; if DS, then they either challenged Revan and killed him, or, used whatever it was that initiated his fall in the first place, to render him inert, sending him into exile, whatever. Maybe they joined forces with Revan and Bastila.

Remember that there was no mentioning whether Malak and Revan ever faced a powerful Sith as they 'rose to power'; and the only one Malak ever challenged was Revan, and that was an act of envy rather than their master-apprentice er.. 'tradition'. I think they were *definitely* around during Kotor 1; with the second episode we'll start seeing this greater picture.

-but, it could also be that the Sith Lords of TSL were in hiding during Kotor 1, not because they waited for their conspiracies to unfold, but because they actually feared Malak. Then they would have appeared to fill the vacuum created by the death of Malak and the exile of Revan. As far as I can imagine, this makes a weak connection between the two games -it's as if the idea of new and powerful Sith Lords just popped up because there needed to be a sequel. I doubt that. Some way or another, we'll start learning more about the state of the SW galaxy in that time period, during TSL; and that will necessarily include more information about the original conflict, in Kotor 1 -including the 'mysterious fall' of Revan and Malak.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

What's the deal?

Well, around that time, wasn't the Sith an everyday threat, then? Exar K got defeated just a number of years before the appearence of Revan and Malak, but that didn't mean that all the Sith were defeated, right? In other words there was probably still a lot of them around even before the appearence of Revan and Malak. It'd be interesting if one of the Sith lords revealed that he/she had trained/taught Revan or Malak before they became what they became...

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

I had a similar speculation long ago in a thread that died soon afterwards with this post getting one response only; I'll repost it here.

I'm guessing they were around during KOTOR1. They were part of the reason Revan and Malak fell to the dark side. 

and/or it could be that during Kotor 1, they waited for the Sith Lord-wannabe pretensious fallen Jedi, i.e. Malak, to destroy the Republic with the Star Forge; only then to eliminate him and conquer the galaxy more easily, now that the Republic and the Jedi were out of the way. Now this idea sort of works with both endings for Kotor: If LS, then they saw that they had to deal with an even stronger Republic -with Revan at their side- by themselves, and wreaked havoc on the Jedi during those mysterious '5 years'; if DS, then they either challenged Revan and killed him, or, used whatever it was that initiated his fall in the first place, to render him inert, sending him into exile, whatever. Maybe they joined forces with Revan and Bastila.

Remember that there was no mentioning whether Malak and Revan ever faced a powerful Sith as they 'rose to power'; and the only one Malak ever challenged was Revan, and that was an act of envy rather than their master-apprentice er.. 'tradition'. I think they were *definitely* around during Kotor 1; with the second episode we'll start seeing this greater picture.

-but, it could also be that the Sith Lords of TSL were in hiding during Kotor 1, not because they waited for their conspiracies to unfold, but because they actually feared Malak. Then they would have appeared to fill the vacuum created by the death of Malak and the exile of Revan. As far as I can imagine, this makes a weak connection between the two games -it's as if the idea of new and powerful Sith Lords just popped up because there needed to be a sequel. I doubt that. Some way or another, we'll start learning more about the state of the SW galaxy in that time period, during TSL; and that will necessarily include more information about the original conflict, in Kotor 1 -including the 'mysterious fall' of Revan and Malak.

wow :blink:

They could also feared Revan, who, in my opinion, was always smarter and more dangerous.