• Kotor I was best
    • Kotor II was better
    • Both were great!
    • I hated them both
    • I have only one of them...
    • None of yer goddam buisness...
    • No comment.
    • I seriously don't know

well, i think Kotor I was more replayable, so that's where my vote goes...

I agree with you.

I would like to point out though, that anyone who played KoTOR: TSL without playing KoTOR first, should not play KoTOR at all, IMHO. KoTOR would offer less powers, feats and no prestige class. There is also the level cap. SO it would feel like less of a game. You may not enjoy it. And of course there is the mingame of "shoot the Sith fighters" that some PC players have trouble with.

Second one. First was cheesey and the whole I know who I am but I have to wait for the game to catch up was annoying.

Maleks cheese act in the final battle,not to mention his untimely demise on the leviathon which he promptly ignored made the whole thing uninspiring and sureal. The only part I actually liked was my character coming to terms with finding out his identity and that wasnt even a part of the game.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Definitly, kotor 1 is better

it has a better story

you play as Revan and i'm sorry but on the second game, i just didn't get that "oooh i was a sith lord...now what do i do type of feeling." still i like the second one for its improved gameplay mechanics and party members which are more complex, yet sometimes annoying...

It's hard - I picked that I loved both, but.....

I'd agree that 2 had the potential to be better. There were some wonderful ideas, and the characters and many story ideas, and the greater moral ambiguity - all really amazing.

But.....just needed 6 more months of development! Ultimately, 1 was more satisfying, emotionally, by the end.

But we've been over this too many times already, I think.

BG.

I think I will just play Kotor I one more time to really make up my mind. I do remember though that the first was much more difficult, which is good. I mean, in this game you can easily fight all the way on your own. Especially one's you have a lightsaber with the best upgrades:

Hanharr: The Jeedai is a predator.

Kavar: An old student is returning. I think the Sith won't know what hit them.

Sith Soldiers: With an army off these beasts who would be able to stop us. No one off course, No one. "The Intruder is here". Beasts, attack!

Visas comes in with her double bladed Lightsaber and the beasts are sliced into 100 pieces in 1 or 2 seconds.

Yeah, all too easy.

Master Vandar lives!

My vote goes to KOTOR I.

As I read in a review of #2, and as I have come to see, #2 doesn' have the earth-shattering

plot twist

that the first one did. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed the many new features, and storyline of #2.

Just my opinion... :thumbsup:"

Edited by the khanster

IMHO, both were great. There are many little improvements in TSL, which is most noticable if you go back and replay the original; OTOH the original has more replay value because the gameplay is balanced. That is, you can replay it as a d20 tactical game even if you have already played it to death as an RP adventure.

What I liked better in the original was that the NPCs actually said so if they had something new to say; in TSL you have to summon your NPCs from the Ebon Hawk regularly and go over their convo options to see whether there is something new, or whether an old option leads to something new. And not only that, you also have to try different locations. On the Ebon Hawk, off the Ebon Hawk, or in specific places (e.g. Nar Shaddaa). This is patently silly.

I think That Both where great games i would have called my self a semi gamer before i found KOTOR since KOTOR i have pretty much beaten a game every weekend and would like to call my self a gamer (but still not sure if i am)

But i now this if you don't like KOTOR or KOTOR2 then you are not a real gamer because plan and simple they both rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are my favorite games of all time.

I'm one of those few people who likes TSL more than KOTOR.

Reasons:

1) I agree that TSL was hurt by Lucasart's stupid deadlines but even so the dialogue and the storyline are better than KOTOR all the way to the end (I think Malachor is much more interesting than the Star Forge even if it is a bit confusing).

2) TSL's characters are cooler and more three-dimensional. Furthremore, you have to work more to get a romance instead of simply gaining experience. I'm always confused when people say the KOTOR romances are more realistic.

3) TSL is unique it doesn't play, look, or sound like a regular Star Wars game. I was fascinated with Kreia and really felt sad when she turned on me. It was much darker than anything else in Star Wars outside of perhaps some NJO books I haven't read yet (much darker than even ROTS looks like) and amazingly it accomplished all this while playing in a universe where the Sith are supposedly dead and gone, giving it a much more shadowy feel.

Love that.

Of course, this is all my opinion so everyone is entitled to their own.

:- The beginning section of KOTOR II (Peragus, Telos) took way too long to be just the beginning until you get the Ebon Hawk and start flying chosen places. KOTOR I was just Taris (fairly short) and Dantooine (where you become a jedi, so worth it) :)

As I've said before, these are both great games. K1 was incredible, and still is. One of my favorite games ever, and I've been a hard-core gamer since the 1980's. K2 takes a different approach, but is a worthy successor--a very ambitious project that I admire for its subtlety. I await K3 for the story, and hope that it maintains the excellence of the first two.

• 1 year later...

TSL, even considering it's incomplete and bugged to death. with the Exile you accomplish huge ends, you bring victory to wars, train people, and from the beginning you're a jedi general, a veteran of one of the greatest wars of your time, you have unique abilities and train under a real jedi master who actually teaches you things. Revan can conquer the galaxy and have Bastila but up until that he's Mr.Nobody and he really felt young in his answers. i also liked TSL more than Kotor because it is more of an introspective journey, a more mature if darker story. Sure, Kotor had fulfilled romances but love is not as common among jedi as to have romances in every single story ever told, it's more fun having a nice little entourage with some jaelousy and teasing, people who fall to the dark side because they love you, ice queens and