Are there any patch facts

Guest Esau

Is there anyone in this mewling morass of malcontents that has any ideas on an actual ETA for the patch or what the patch contains.

I

Obsidian has said that it has finished the patch for its part, and the ball is now in LucasArts' court. It's up to them to finish whatever tweaking they're doing and release it.

You could go and post the question over on the LucasArts forum, but it's quite intensely purple. Stick to neutral colours for a while, I say.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I've finished the game, so the patch is moot. Perhaps that was the point. I'm glad I didn't wait for the "soon" that was posted about a month ago soon after I bought the game.

To make it more moot, the game is not really replayable. Even my other half, who started playing Wizardry One in 1983 and still replays it, has already wiped KOTRII from his hard drive. They figure most of us will just move on.

Of course there aren't any facts, that's what makes almost all this forum's content so wretchedly impotent

Translation: Of course there aren't any facts.  I come here to figure out what is going on with the patch and all I get to read is everything that has nothing to do with the patch or the game.

Just get kerplunk or maybe hungry hippos and cut obsidian or whatever malignant consortium of obsessive, fantastic escapist, gamer haters some slack, I like em, it's rock and roll how they rushed this out, hey, maybe they hate you cats... I know I do.

Now aside from this nasty run on, comma-splice infested, bastardization of all that is the written english language sentence...... (grrr!)(breathe!)

Translation: I think what he said was for us to get some old children's game (Hungry hungry hippos was fun dammit!) and stop sucking up and defending obsidian.  Give the gamer haters (him) some slack.  (I guess he wants to bitch and have no one defend obsidian or Lucas Arts for a change).

Translation: He then sarcastically states that he likes OE and LA for rushing this product out the door (He's pretending to be a fanboy and giving a hint to others) and it is possible that OE and LA hates us all like he does.

If you didn't want to read all of that here is the short form translation:

"I am full of hate.  I haven't been outside in 3 years and I'm as pale as a ghost.  I came here so I can tell all of you messageboard people off and try to seem intelligent with a skew of words I found in a fortune cookie.  After that I'll call up all of my int0rweb friends and link them to this thread and they will all call me L337 and pat me on the back (virtual back patting) for my massive pwnage.  I'll then go back to playing KotOR2 for the 20th time and bitch about the bugs over and over.  I think I have a shot with the Handmaiden IRL... well maybe just with my hand...

I can

Guest Dowie100

For a change:

Russian: заплата придет скоро к галактике около вас

English: the patch is coming soon to a galaxy near you

I've finished the game, so the patch is moot.  Perhaps that was the point. I'm glad I didn't wait for the "soon" that was posted about a month ago soon after I bought the game.

To make it more moot, the game is not really replayable.  Even my other half, who started playing Wizardry One in 1983 and still replays it, has already wiped KOTRII from his hard drive.  They figure most of us will just move on.

im going to sell it......the worste game i ever saw.....no patch and a lot of bugs

THX Lucasarts and Obsidian for screwing up a game ..... what could be better then that........even now i see how long you people need to make a patch......any game i will buy in the future from obsidian or lucasarts

HELL NO

The patch was probably cancelled, or they never did plan to release one in the first place. Remember The Chronicles of Riddick? They promised a patch and 4 months after release, there is no patch. I'm not saying that LucasArts will act as Vivendi Universal did, but most likely, they will.