Well?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Nerd? That's not a canon race, is it?
    • What? No, of course not *nervous twitch*
    • No.

No ooffense taken.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Im only a star wars nerd part time. I do know an unnatural amount about star wars, though its only because i spend time here, and had an extended leave of absense from school, whitch i spent reading up on every subject i could think of.

In my other time, i am a lotr nerd, and am in a punk band. I also run my own drag show. I am called pricces Satin.

Just my two cents.

I also run my own drag show. I am called pricces Satin.

Oh wow. Do you have any hot pictures?

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Nerd? no

Geek? most definitely

It's all in how you word it :huh:

You know, this is exactly what I've been saying for years...

:D

But then again, I'm lucky, because it would seem that guys like girl geeks. Mind you, it may have something to do with the fact that there are so few of us. ;)

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Phone number please. :cool:

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

BTW Behold as both Frank Hubert and Anderson combine their talents in an attempt to prosper off his dead father's vision as it is sure to suck, Bigtime.

[unnecessary Correction:] Brian Herbert, sir. Frank Herbert was the brillant father, don'tcha forget. :rolleyes:"

Apart from the unfortunate confusion, I'll have to agree.

I usually flirt with everyone who belongs to a female gender. This is almost unconscious. College addictions ahhh... :ph34r:

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

I usually flirt with everyone who belongs to a female gender. This is almost unconscious. College addictions ahhh...  :ph34r:

Even if said beautiful woman thinks TotJ is the dumbest thing to ever written?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Beatiful women exist to forgive them many things.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Star Wars was kindof the first thing I got into as a kid. I have a scar above my right eye from a "reinactment" of the ESB dual my friend and I took great pains in presenting as authentic as possible. I was about as big a "nerd" as one could be while also wanting to be a ninja, and perhap Fingolfin pretty bad. Then oneday I stumbled across the "EU" and about 20 something books and comics later my star wars nerdness was in complete remission. Then Kotor happened and I was quickly drawn in again, but luckily Kotor 2 happen and was able to once again free myself of the Force's terrible hold. I live a quite simple life now and fear the day something competent is released again in the Star Wars universe and pray everyday I am not sucked in again. Luckily as long as George Lucas values money above all else and "bottom feeding leeches" like Kevin Anderson are directing the EU, I have little to fear.

BTW Behold as both Frank Hubert and Anderson combine their talents in an attempt to prosper off his dead father's vision as it is sure to suck, Bigtime.

I guess next John Lennon's son will rewrite all his father's work for good measure

I think this is the longest post you ever made Laozi. I could be wrong but I'm too lazy to make two clicks with the mouse to find out.

And Nur Ab Sal....did you get nicer? I remember you being a lot meaner. :-

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

The first step to curing yourself is admittting you are ill. So stop making meaningless polls about which Twi'lek youd rather impregnate or which Jedi has the longest lightsaber, and answer the question.

Impregnating twi'leks? I wonder what the offspring would look like. :)

I'm not really a Star Wars "nerd." I just have a really, really overactive imagination. :devil:

I like SW because of the universe .. but I didn't know about anything beyond the movies until I came here and was forced to read a little to participate in casual converstations .. so this site made a geek-lite (no sugar)..

but seriously though, it's all about the depth of the world, like LOTR and so many other fantasy books .. I love details and unnecessary information adding to it! like history when you are able to dig deeper and deeper and learning why this is like that and so on and so on .. so no, I'm just a casual fan!

Fortune favors the bald.

Hello. My name is The Great Phantom.

*Hi, The Great Phantom*

I've almost stopped referring to myself by my online pseudonym in public, but it's not that easy.

*We know, The Great Phantom.*

No, guys. You can call me Bob...

*Is that your name, Bob?*

Ummm... No. My name is The Great Phantom.

*JUST SIT DOWN ALREADY!*

:ph34r:

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Have almost all the DVD/VHS incarnations of the trilogy, read most of the EU(mostly the books after RotJ), a ton of SW toys...even Star Wars Legos!! Dressed up as SW characters...sort of. My wife and I did go to LA to see Episode I in Mann's Chinese Theater on opening night, so at least I'm not the only nerd. :o I have a lot of SW games, most because they are Star Wars, but there are plenty I skipped out on because they were horrid. Just wished I knew how bad Obi-Wan was before I got it, man that game sucked. KotOR I & II and Republic Commando stand as some of the best SW games to date. So yeah I'm a nerd...and damn proud of it.

I own the dvd, vhs as well. Two TOTJ comics. I've read some novels but found them not so hot. I don't dress up, I guess the nerdiest thing I've done aside from standing in line for tickets was braiding a piece of hair behing my left ear after episode one.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Phone number please. :cool:

How ironic that Nur is flirting with a person that has Carth as their avatar. :D

Wait... you mean that flirting was aimed at me? (well, I changed my avatar... but it *was* Carth)

Maybe I should go back and check threads I've posted in a bit more often so I can react in a more timely fashion.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

It was. As I said it is unconscious so I can't take any responsibility, really. :thumbsup:"

Fashion reaction would be nice howewer :shifty:

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Tragic ? Possibly ;)

A Star Wars Nerd ? No :)

I watched the original Star Wars (no stupid roman numerals) on opening night in 1977. I loved the movie and was fascinated by the universe.

Never imagined that it would get a sequel, but was quite excited about it when I saw on T.V. that a Star Wars II was being made. The Empire strikes back, and I really loved Star Wars at the time of it's (ESB) release (despite it featuring that annoying little gremlin Yoda).

The Return of the Jedi happened :'(

It started quite OK for the first few minutes... The Droids arriving at the entrance to Jabbas abode. Then the doors opened and it was the friggin muppet show. My enthusiasm cooled from there way down until seeing Leia in that slave costume :"> Still, Jabbas Yacht, the band etc. pretty awful. The real killer was the Ewoks though. The moment one of those monstrosities stared at me from the silverscreen, I lost all interest in Star Wars >_

I did buy the "improved" trilogy on VHS when they were released, I did after all like the first two movies. A number of glitches had been fixed, the roman numeral IV added to the first movie etc. But *why* did they have to change the story and make Greedo shoot first ? I gave the videos away eventually to my then 4 year old nephew. He loved those SW movies.

I saw The Phantom Menace as a rental, but didn't quite manage to stay focused on it. Didn't bother with the second one, can't remember it's name.

So Star Wars nerd... definitely not anymore :cool:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Oh amazing! You belong to those ancient haters of ewoks! Only Lucas remembers

you these days (he was once comparing ewok hatred to gungan hatred on TV ). Personally I love those little furries.

And Episode II Attack of the Clones is quite good can't say. ROTS will probably beat all other films. IT will be very similar to New Hope - we'll see tantive IV, birth of Vader, Tarkin, jedi extermination etc can't wait to see all that?

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Some day I might, together with a few friends and some beers. If nothing else, to satisfy my curiosity. I'm unlikely to go watch it on the big screen though. Still, once all three prequels are available as rentals on DVD, I might just give them a try.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It was. As I said it is unconscious so I can't take any responsibility, really. :-"

Yeah. Nice try. I also use that excuse when I start flirting with guys.

"Really? I was flirting? Are you sure? I dunno, that's just how I am... It's not my fault..." :rolleyes:

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

How true. :rolleyes:

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Except girls can get away with it and appear coy and charming. Wheras if a guy does it, it is a clumsy, disingenuous and creepy way of talking to a girl.

Haha aww poor Nur. He's going to require a new technique. He's always got his love/hate relationship with Numbers Man to fall back on.

And...ehem...to actually stay on topic today for the first time, maybe it's just the trailers I've seen but I'm actually looking forward to RotS more than I have the previous 2 prequel movies. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint, but I'm keeping a skeptical view until proven otherwise.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)