Are you a tragic Star Wars nerd?

Well?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Nerd? That's not a canon race, is it?
    • What? No, of course not *nervous twitch*
    • No.

The first step to curing yourself is admittting you are ill. So stop making meaningless polls about which Twi'lek youd rather impregnate or which Jedi has the longest lightsaber, and answer the question.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I was once worried that i might be a Star wars nerd, but i have never bought any star wars merchandise been to any conventions or dressed up as a character from star wars.

I don't even care if greedo shot first and like the special/dvd edition of star wars. Also i really dont like episode 4 and find it boring and rank it either equal to or slightly better than phantom menace.

Before anyone asks i watched the original trilogy first in their original incarnation.

The extent of my nerdiness is doing vader yoda and palapatine impressions.

I'm pretty much on the same level as Darth Flatus...except that I do like episode 4 just because it's what started it all....I don't mind the phantom menace as much and attack of the clones as much as some ppl, but the acting could be better, that's obvious. The main reason I wouldn't consider myself a star wars nerd is because I just like the movies for their sense of nostalgia and the "holy war" feel it has to it with the Jedi and Sith. I watch the movies for the lightsaber battles and have found myself fastforwarding to thru the space battles hhaha....

I'm not big into space ships and aliens, if I was I'd watch star trek....shudder....ew

I suppose I'm kinda a three quarter nerd.

I know plenty about the movies, the spaceships, the people etc.

I also have plenty of StarWars games (some I'm proud of having, some not so proud)

But I don't read any StarWars books/comics at all.

Star Wars nerd? maybe, I like star wars, but when it comes to computer games, I just get stuck in the timeline of the game, and i'm always wondering "what will happen next" i.e. Metal Gear Solid, I cant wait for the next one.

So, yeah, me = Nerd. :p

Shane Tyduk

Some awesome title name here

"If you sharpen a knife to its limits,

you run the risk of cutting your own

hand. The knife has no choice but to

be as sharp as you made it."

i have 4 games based on star wars.

episode 4 sucked.

episodes 1 and 2 were good.

i do not collect star wars figurines.

i do not watch the clone wars mini series.

i havent read any comics/books based on star wars.

i dont hate george lucas.

i dont care about george lucas.

i hate all star wars devoted websites eg. theforce.net.

am i a star wars nerd?

I am completely ill but like gays&lesbians I don't feel that I need to cure myself.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I was once worried that i might be a Star wars nerd, but i have never bought any star wars merchandise been to any conventions or dressed up as a character from star wars.

I don't even care if greedo shot first and like the special/dvd edition of star wars. Also i really dont like episode 4 and find it boring and rank it either equal to or slightly better than phantom menace.

Before anyone asks i watched the original trilogy first in their original incarnation.

The extent of my nerdiness is doing vader yoda and palapatine impressions.

Replace ep 4 with ep 6 and I'm the same as you.

Writting something like a school research paper about it helps. Well, helped me. o:)

I am now only getting "worthwhile" Star Wars things. That included uh... only three or three games and books in the two years since that. I used to buy most Star Wars books that came out.

Yes. But proud. I've learned there are alot of girls who LOVE nerds. And I don't mean just girl nerds... :rolleyes: I do collect, I do watch, I do feel like throwing GLs head through a window for messing up the DVD, and...I hate anyone who objects...

i played the first metal gear solid at a young age (about 7-10) i liked it alot and somehow managed to wrap my fragile simple mind around the story plot. i havent played the second one...it any good?

One is pretty straightforward.. Two on the other hand , more twists than a twisty turny thing. Lots of people hated two because for a lot of the game you play an effeminate looking character called Raiden.

Why ? It's one of those twisty turny parts of the game.

Three is so straightforward there are not real secrets.

And no I am not a starwars geek/nerd. Although I have SW merchandise in my attic that some of them would kill for :rolleyes:

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I'll let you decide for me.

Own all the EU novels? Check.

Own a copy of all 5 movies (soon to be 6 when RotS comes out)? Check.

Watched said movies countless times? Check.

Purchased toys within the past 15 years? No.

Purchased every single game with SW on the cover? No.

Attended a Star Wars convention? No.

So I guess I'm somewhere in between. I like Star Wars a lot, but I don't obsess over it enough to be considered a full blown Star Wars nerd.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I admit that I really like Star Wars,but I'm not a freaky addict fan like Gimpy in Undergrads(He's too funny).In fact,the only thing I do is watch the movies and play to KOTOR.I don't even read the books. :thumbsup:

I like some SW video games (KOTOR 1 & 2, Jedi Outcast, and Academy to a degree)

I haven't read a single SW book

I have read some SW comics

I have seen all the movies, but only have the OT on DVD.

I guess I'm a moderate, leaning on the "less nerdy" side.

Nope.

I've seen the first movie a few times, though only once in recent years, the second one a couple times quite a while ago (I don't really remember much about it), and the third one only once, many years ago. I haven't seen Attack of the Clones. I saw Phantom Menace and didn't like it.

Yeah. Not much of a fanboy, that's for sure.

KotOR and KotOR II were good RPGs. That's why I'm here.

I'm a moderate. For me Star Wars is a sentimental thing.

I love the movies but my knowledge of anything Star Wars outside of the movies is very limited.

I don't know anything about the EU. I don't collect the action figures, I've never read any of the novels or the comics, and I've never attended a convention or dressed up as a Star Wars character at one of the movie premieres.

I did, however, dress up as Darth Maul for Holloween a few years ago. Oh, and I do own the Darth Sidious action figure from Episode I because I think it's f****ing cool.

But other than that, it's pretty scant. I own a couple posters that I think are going to be worth something some day, possibly. But that's it.

So, I'm definitely a geek. But I don't consider myself a full-blown Star Wars nerd.

Not yet anyway. :(

I just like the lightsabers.

And the comics.

And some of the books

And the movies.

And the games...except for those that suck....hard

I used to have the original Millenium Falcon toy and the original action figures. I even had the set toys like Hoth and Tatooine.

Then my mom gave them to some random kids when we moved. CURSES!

I still cry when I think of that.