Disgraceful.

Either I've just found ANOTHER bug which has not only irritated me, but completely screwed up my game - I spent the last several hours trying to plough through Dantoonie with my ATI card (which has problems here for some reason) amid the game crashing during loading every ten minutes - or I've just completey lost the plot.

While investigating Zharron for whatever issues he may or may not have, I enter the Crystal Cave to engage in the events with the mercs, only to see they are not there. Ever. I've been back several times, the last time all the walls disappeared. So thanks alot, for sucking me into a awesome potentially replayable game, then kicking me when I'm down.

All previous crashes I could deal with, but this is just nuts.

Now I know why one of the loading hints is "save often and in different slots".

Basically, I'm just going to assume that this problem is unfixable in game terms, and I've lost all my effort to try and figure some of this damn story out. I came here to see if I could find an answer, and I have found one, at least...

I'm never playing this game again. Reading of all the things they had cut out of the game, but had left the pathways to them IN, is more than irritating.

I don't have to mention all the other general flaws such as bad character relations.

I'm not going to wait for any sort of patch. It's too late for that. It should of come out a long time ago. I went out and bought a new video card just so I could play this.

You lose, Obsidian - stop playing D&D and get your heads out of your asses before you even think about trying to get away with this again.

Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1 add this line in your swkotor2.ini file under [Graphic Options]. It should take care of the Dantooine problem.

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

While investigating Zharron for whatever issues he may or may not have, I enter the Crystal Cave to engage in the events with the mercs, only to see they are not there.  Ever.  I've been back several times

Maybe, That Is If You Pay Attention To The Things People Say And The Storyline, You Know That You Won't Find Mercs In The Crystal Cave For Investigating Zherron.

Maybe if you paid attention to what happens in the game you find out there is an area (Jedi Acedemy) with a Underground lvl you should visit.

PLAY THE GAME BEFORE COMPLAINING

If you just don't pay attention don't complain when you get stuck...

This happened to me as well, but really due to me being kind of forgetful--I had forgotten to click on the dead mercs in the room where you find Disciple because I reloaded, so when I went to the cave nothing was there. If you have any suspicion that's what might have happened, go back to the Academy and try it.

While investigating Zharron for whatever issues he may or may not have, I enter the Crystal Cave to engage in the events with the mercs, only to see they are not there.  Ever.  I've been back several times

Maybe, That Is If You Pay Attention To The Things People Say And The Storyline, You Know That You Won't Find Mercs In The Crystal Cave For Investigating Zherron.

Maybe if you paid attention to what happens in the game you find out there is an area (Jedi Acedemy) with a Underground lvl you should visit.

PLAY THE GAME BEFORE COMPLAINING

If you just don't pay attention don't complain when you get stuck...

No ****, been there, done that. However the post after yours does shed some light. Thank you. I may continue to play the game, because, well, I'm addicted ;)

But still, it stands that this game should never have been released in the state it is in.

Interestingly enough, several of the bugs in Kotor2 are also in Kotor1. :)"

the ATI card problem being one of them. Stats reverting to 8's being another.

The game is hardly in unreleasable shape. It certainly lacks polish in a few areas, and it's obvious that a few ideas were dropped, but I've yet to encounter any game-breaking bugs...

The game is hardly in unreleasable shape.  It certainly lacks polish in a few areas, and it's obvious that a few ideas were dropped, but I've yet to encounter any game-breaking bugs...

I agree, but remember the small things add up.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

No ****, been there, done that.  However the post after yours does shed some light.  Thank you.  I may continue to play the game, because,  well, I'm addicted :lol:

But still, it stands that this game should never have been released in the state it is in.

Yeah, those merc bodies were unclickable the first time I played. I ran out of the room and reentered to <click> them open. It's weird.

enough of the vertext buffer rubbish, it makes no difference with the newer ati cards since those cards can't mess with vertext buffering, it only works with nvidia cards

the way to get through dantooine with an ati card is to simply go into the graphic options, change one setting to anything eg AA to 4x from 6x, apply the changes, then everything will be ok

however the lag comes back once you re-enter from another area or go into the menu, at which point you simply have to change a graphical option again, eg AA 4x back to AA 6x then play on, its montonous but it will get you through the planet until a patch comes

aside from that it seems some older catalyst drivers aren't experiencing problems so i would try rolling back the drivers if you have newer ones