GBA anyone?

Enoch

So, I recieved a GBA a couple of months ago. It's been fun so far-- a nice distraction for sitting on the can or biding time while my girlfriend has the remote control. But I've finished a Link to the Past, and am bored with Mario 3.

What else is out there that I should try?

Golden Sun 1&2

Fire Emblem

Minsh Cap

Shining Force

should keep you busy for a while.

The Pokemon games are also incredibly good time wasters if you really get into the breeding the ultimate pokemon side of things.

Should probably add Advance Wars to the list.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Golden Sun 1&2

Fire Emblem

Minsh Cap

Shining Force

should keep you busy for a while.

The Pokemon games are also incredibly good time wasters if you really get into the breeding the ultimate pokemon side of things.

Fire Emblem

Contra: Alien Wars

Final Fantasy Tactics

Tactics Ogre

Metroid Zero Mission

Phantasy Star Collection

Wario Ware

Mega Man X Zero

Mario & Luigi

Dragon Warrior I & II

Dragon Warrior III

Advance Wars 2

Castlevania games

EDIT: There are other good ones, but they are older, pre-advance games. I can list if you want.

Zelda II for GBA.

Such a classic.

And one of the most underrated games in history, scorned for not being a carbon copy of its predecessor.

I adore it.

I ran through Zelda 2 again a couple of years ago on an emulator. I was never among those criticizing that game for departures from the original. Rather, I fault it for being far too ridiculously difficult at the end. The climb up death mountain always consumed all of my lives and patience. Up to that point, though, I agree that it was a great and underappreciated game.

As for SP and Tanu, thanks for the input. I'll look into those titles-- any further info on them would be helpful!

As for SP and Tanu, thanks for the input.  I'll look into those titles-- any further info on them would be helpful!

Well Golden Sun is an RPG with HEAVY puzzle elements.

Fire Emblem is a tactical combat game with an RPG type story. One thing I should probably mention is that death is permenant in Fire Emblem (once you finish the tutorial).Some people love it, some hate it. But it's worth pointing out.

Minish Cap is the latest Zelda. Not really much to add. Except its rather good.

Shining Force is anothe tactical RPG only without the permadeath

Advance Wars is TB build and destroy war game. Not really something I got into , but the wife loves it.

If you mean where to get them, can only help you out there if you in the UK.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Golden Sun 1&2   :)  :wub:

Fire Emblem  :o

Minsh Cap

Shining Force

For once, I agree with ShadowPaladin V1.0

Eh, no.

:)

GBA?  I take it is some sort of console?

heh, I presume your joking....

Right ?

If not GBA is an Hand-held Console.

Oh, by the way, Lunar Legend is also very good RPG.

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

The Tactics Ogre game for the GBA was a lot of fun, but I think it's pretty hard to come by these days. This game was the reason I bought the GBA.

Final Fantasy Tacics Advance was pretty good too.

I couldn't stand Fire Emblem.

Fire Emblem is pretty much the best GBA game at the moment.

Golden Sun series is somewhat enjoyable.

fire emblem is a love hate thing though. Some people just cant get on with the permanent death , which is fair enough.

478327[/snapback]

The Tactics Ogre game for the GBA was a lot of fun, but I think it's pretty hard to come by these days. This game was the reason I bought the GBA.

OMG :) Tactics Ogre and the other Ogre Battle games are awesome :)

I agree! Yeah, Tactics Ogre is pretty much my favourite console franchise. I think it deserves its own thread. :-

The game for the PS1 is still one of my favourite games EVAR. I just hope that the new Square-Enix doesn't forget about the Tactic Ogre/Ogre Battle franchise now that the two companies have melded into one. Last I checked, there were no upcoming plans for a new Ogre Series game :wub:.

My kid has a Nintendo DS now, to add to the GB, GBA and GBA SP posse, any good games for that? The ones he has kind of...suck...

See my original list. Those are all GBA games, though I think Dragon Warrior I/II collection is for GBC, as well as Dragon Warrior III

DS doesn't have anything on it yet, really. Some great N64 games are redone for it, but not sure how well they transfered.

As for other good ones:

Zelda: Links Awakening

Metroid II

Final Fantasy Legends I, II and III

Breath of Fire I, II and III (And IV?)

Final Fantasy Adventure

Those are all for the original GB, though Zelda has a Game Boy Color edition that is minorly better, but worth it since the price would be the same now. I think tis called Zelda DX. I don't think there are any good GBC games, heh.

Give DS some time, though, it should begin to release something soon. Might as well get Mario 64 if you don't already have it for N64.

OMG :) Tactics Ogre and the other Ogre Battle games are awesome :)

I agree! Yeah, Tactics Ogre is pretty much my favourite console franchise. I think it deserves its own thread. :p

The game for the PS1 is still one of my favourite games EVAR. I just hope that the new Square-Enix doesn't forget about the Tactic Ogre/Ogre Battle franchise now that the two companies have melded into one. Last I checked, there were no upcoming plans for a new Ogre Series game :(.

I liked Ogre Battle so much I ended up buying the original SNES version just for fun :)

As for the series, from what I hear, the creator of FFT(A?) and FF12 is the same as the OgreBattle/Tactics Ogre line... and that he'll be going back to them after he's done with FF12.

I read somewhere that they're letting him run with that line again and that was how they got him to work on FFT and FF12.

Note: This is from a vague memory and milage may vary.

As for the series, from what I hear, the creator of FFT(A?) and FF12 is the same as the OgreBattle/Tactics Ogre line... and that he'll be going back to them after he's done with FF12.

I read somewhere that they're letting him run with that line again and that was how they got him to work on FFT and FF12.

Seriously? That's awesome news. I hope you're right. :devil:

I agree! Yeah, Tactics Ogre is pretty much my favourite console franchise. I think it deserves its own thread.  :geek:

One of the things I like about Tactics Ogre series is that the conflicts are not between goodness and evil but factions which experienced complex history of hatred. The word ogre is used to emphasize bloodiness beyond humanity, which gives immersion in terms of tough moral choices posed during the course of game.

The original Ogre series were released long before Baldur