While playing my Male consular I went and did dantooine and received the force power 'force damage' or some such..my game froze on the auto save out though so I had to restart over from a last save. From the save however I hit level fifteen, high enough to get my weapon master class, thinking nothing of it I went and finished up dantooine and lo and behold, no advanced force power form, I got a lightsaber form! >.<. Is the aquisition based on the current class you're in? I.E. could I simply take Gaurdian first and then Sith lord and get the force form??

You get different forms with the different prestige classes. Jedi Masters get force forms while Watchmen and Weapon masters get different lightsabre forms.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

You get different forms with the different prestige classes. Jedi Masters get force forms while Watchmen and Weapon masters get different lightsabre forms.

Noticed this difference, too, but I think there is some other factor involved. Maybe it has something to do with the level you are at the time. My Consular got lightsaber forms from the first two masters, then a Force form from Vrook. My daughter's Consular got three lightsaber forms, just as my Guardian and Sentinels always have. But I don't think it really matters what you get from the Masters, because the leveling up process fills in the blanks.

I think you get three "free" saber forms regardless of class:

shi cho, makashi, and soresu and one force form: force channel.

These four you get from leveling up normally. You get 3 more forms from the jedi masters.

All are force forms if you are consular/jedi master/sith lord: potency, affinity and mastery

In addition to ataru and shien forms you get

If you are a sentinel/watchman/assassin then you get niman

If you are a guardian/weaponmaster/marauder you get juyo