• Darth Sidious
    • Darth Vader
    • Count Dooku
    • Aenon Jurtis
    • Mace Windu
    • Revan
    • Yoda
    • Anakin Solo

Anakin had a second chance to defeat Dooku - and with two lightsabers-, but was humiliated. Obi wan was thoroughly beaten by Dooku. Actually in Episode 3 I think it's Anakin and Palps that gang up to kill Dooku. Except for yoda, nobody can go toe to toe with this guy in a one on one duel. He is the jedi/sith dueling master,

So palps first learnt how to use a lightsaber as an adult, not a child? well that discounts his ability all togethor,

Niether Obi nor Anakin by themselves was a match for Dooku, granted. Obi-Wan knew this which is why he told Anakin that he needed him for the encounter with Dooku. Anakin was at best an average duelist at the time of this encounter due simply to lack of experience and too much pride. He thought he was much better than he was which ended up making him a bit complacent. However, Obi-Wan and Anakin together might have been able to take him.

As for Palps, I don't know if he learned the saber when a child or an adult but as Palps was very strong in the force and the Sith training isn't anything like Jedi training it ends up making little difference. Is he one of the best? I don't think so, but he would have to be at least above average in order to train Maul and Vader and then hold power over them for as long as he did. Sith teachings being what they are.

Kilkanon

Just to let you know this topic has been done A LOT but you never know it maybe it is its time to come around again. ;)

btw Yoda is the most powerful of the new era, Anakin could have been but Obi Wan will see to that.

Funny how he gets his ass handed to ihm on a senatorial platter then eh? <_<

i don't think that this kind of comparison is accurate. Luke, Vader and all the force users of the "new republic" are like padawans compared with those of the old one. Only Dooku and Sidious represent the "old school". Thus, according to the kotor storyline (which is the only source we have about the force users of the old republic) the most powerful force user is Revan (aka the TRUE LORD of the Sith).

I quote:"Revan was Power - it was like staring into the Heart of the Force. Even then, I could see the Jedi he'd slay etched on his soul"

and don't forget he totally owned the both of them in Episode 2 (or am I wwrong about this, please corect me if I am), toyed with Yoda until republic re enforcements were about to arrive.

Dooku had it easy because Anakin was arrogant and stupid. Had Anakin listened to Obi-Wan it would likely have been a very different story. And Dooku was not toying with Yoda. If Dooku had seen a chance to effectively "behead" the Jedi Council he would not have hesitated for a nanosecond. No, they were testing one another and after finding no major weaknesses Dooku decided to make a strategic retreat. After all, his true concern was getting the plans for the Death Star to Sidious.

anyway how did palpitine even learn to use a lighsaber? Who taught him, did he he 'pick it up' on his way to the dark side? If so he would be comparitivley useless with one...

He was apprenticed to a Sith Lord named Darth Pelagius whom he eventually killed as is the way with the Sith. I don't know much other than that.

Anakin had a second chance to defeat Dooku - and with two lightsabers-, but was humiliated. Obi wan was thoroughly beaten by Dooku. Actually in Episode 3 I think it's Anakin and Palps that gang up to kill Dooku. Except for yoda, nobody can go toe to toe with this guy in a one on one duel. He is the jedi/sith dueling master,

So palps first learnt how to use a lightsaber as an adult, not a child? well that discounts his ability all togethor,

No,actually it's just Anakin,palpsy doesn't reveal himself to Anakin until about 3 quarters or 2 1/2 quarters of the way through,and Dooku gets his ass owned right at the beginning(if you read the book"Labyrinth of Evil" the SW novel,it makes ALOT more sense.)

Just to let you know this topic has been done A LOT but you never know it maybe it is its time to come around again. :)

you might be a tad less than full power after fighting through three battalions of clones from here to Kashyyk.

btw Yoda is the most powerful of the new era, Anakin could have been but Obi Wan will see to that.

Funny how he gets his ass handed to ihm on a senatorial platter then eh? <_<

:)

i don't think that this kind of comparison is accurate. Luke, Vader and all the force users of the "new republic" are like padawans compared with those of the old one. Only Dooku and Sidious represent the "old school". Thus, according to the kotor storyline (which is the only source we have about the force users of the old republic) the most powerful force user is Revan (aka the TRUE LORD of the Sith).

I quote:"Revan was Power - it was like staring into the Heart of the Force. Even then, I could see the Jedi he'd slay etched on his soul"

Luke is newschool,so Palpatine wanted a weaker apprentice when he tried to get Him to kill Vader and come to the Darkside?

Most powerful? Hmm... Nihilus of course! He would beat anyone just that the Exile had

luck being a force void so he couldn't drain him

Yeah I know that Kreia said:

"Power? Do you think so? You would be wrong. There is no strength in the hunger he possesses... and the will behind his power is a primal thing. "

But it's her dumb ass that said:

"One cannot have power of that magnitude that her master possesses and still think and perceive the universe as we do, as most of us do." in the first place :-

power can be measured in many ways..

yoda has the most knowlage and experience which counts for a lot

palpatine has the brains, and the raw force power, but is too greedy and eventually gets destroyed because he thinks he can forsee everything

obi wan is a fantastic weapon master, even more so than mace winduu (cus he's so damn lucky only)

overall thou luke is the most powerful, and in a duel or even knowlage would best anyone (when he reaches his peak)

'I did it all for the wookies'

- Anakin/Vader for being una teh only jedi too survive a marrige w/wo children.His Bossy senator wife. Harsh working conditions under nosy and unrelenting jedi. And still stand with composure and dignity :cool: (tough in a rigid i can't bend it way) :) Then rise too help the chancelor kill off those nasty evil jedi'n masters who nearly assasinated his only friend. Effectively skipping the power ranks as it were. I belive his boy, Luke did some PowerLvling too when he blew up teh Death Star. Before meeting his bossy wife Mara.Jade.S he's def following in his fathers tracks but still... ;)

lol dude u do kno that palpy was around 300 years old, and yoda was goin on 900 years when they had their duel, and besides yoda taught luke saber combat some how, other wise he'd have fought all retarded. Sidious is more powerful...technically cuz he kinda fought yoda to a stalemate then yoda, probly loses thru some dark power no one knos about, and decides to find obiwan

REVAN SUCKS BALLS!! POWERFUL MY ASS!!

No no no Revan (in my opinion) is as powerful as Yoda. An Yoda isn

Yoda did nothing. He only moved stupid bricks in Dooku's cave and later Luke's xwing. Compare that to Exar Kun or Nomi Sunrider.... bah

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.