Sexist KOTOR 2

In KOTOR Bastila's only real role was as a plot device victim. Like Aribeth she was wishy washy with no mind of her own.

Great female role model you have there. Personally I'd back Kriea who was both above and beyond anything you did.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

In KOTOR Bastila's only real role was as a plot device victim. Like Aribeth she was wishy washy with no mind of her own.

Great female role model you have there. Personally I'd back Kriea who was both above and beyond anything you did.

i agree with about bastila. i hope that one thing they fix if she comes back in k3 as a party member. don't get me wrong i still like bastila/ but i prefer women in the real world who have their own minds. i take that approach in games i guess. i never have got romancity involved with handmaiden. for the fact she to submissive

I should have known the minute I saw the concept art for Mira.  This was a game created by men, for men.  KOTOR I was made for everyone.  It even allowed one female character (Bastila) a pretty major role.  Bastila was the key to the whole Republic war effort in the game.  Talk about a huge role!  This was progress...  and I guess I hoped it would carry over to the next game.  Well it was a fun ride while it lasted; now back to the status quo.

KOTOR II was made exclusively for male gamers. Don't believe me?  Just take a look at the female characters.  Visas is possibly the most degrading character in recent video game history.  I mean she takes us all the way back to the early sixties "I Dream of Genie" days. 

"My life is yours master.  I serve only you.  I obey you and clean the Ebon Hawk and I'd like to lick your body if you'd allow me the privilege master... ect."  Her boobs couldn't possibly be any bigger, as they already round corners before she does.

The character that suffered the most from the sexualization was clearly Mira.  To put it nicely, Mira is a joke, a parody of all the bad depictions of women in video games.  I mean, technically she's a bounty hunter, but judging by her wardrobe and makeup she look like she belongs in one of Nar Shadaa's brothels.  Why was she dressed as a prostitute?  Horny developer?  Young, male target audience?  Who knows?  What I do know is sister needs to lay off the collagen.   

The few strong, female characters in the game are depicted as ugly, namely Kreia or the governess of Khoonda for examples.  They were blow up dolls like Luxa with her huge watermelons and slutwear for example, or they're depicted as deceitful/traders (Kreia, Atris).  In KOTOR I, for all its faults seemed to give female characters more clothes and better roles.  Yes you had to save Bastila, but she was strong enough to survive on her own.  Besides there were strong roles for women characters like Juhani and even the annoying Mission was far less subservient than some of the females in this game.

You know what, I agree with you 100%.....

so on that note.....HATS OFF TO YOU CHRIS AVELONE!

:p

Well, my last game, my PC spent most of the game in the Dancing Outfit, just cause she looked so damn fabulous. And it rocked to watch her take down fully armoured guys wearing a dental floss bikini. How's that for girl power?

There's nothing anti-feminist in being sexy - as Mira realised, it can be powerful in itself. Defining people by their appearance alone - that's sexist.

BG (a traditional feminist, for the record, which means simply believing men and women are of equal worth.)

...Her boobs couldn't possibly be any bigger...

Boobs? Is that the latest, politically correct, non-sexist, term for female breasts? :p

I have nothing against your message, ncr. By all means, stay vigilant!!

But you don't do your cause any favours with such a "do as I say, not as I do" delivery.

I wish you could choose your characters sexuality....And I wish they had prettier models for men :p. I dont want to be some fugly guy!!!  :ermm:

Your right there are some pretty ugly characters in the game, choosing sexuality would be cool i liked having Juhani as a Lezbian and Visas as Bi it was cool though would be cool having bi male. When playing as a female i had her constantly wearing Dancers outfit because she was my character and i wanted her to look her best and the dancers out fit was a slutty/sexy outfit, the games not sexist just fun. But all games are going to be aimed a bit more to straight men bcause they are major buyers, take a look at Bladurs Gate Dark Alliance have you seen the females underwear they looked cool, the underwear was small and the physics engine made my character look sexy, it wasnt sexist just cool.

Anyway i forgot completely what i was writing about and what my point was so if that made no sense at all soz.

Well, my last game, my PC spent most of the game in the Dancing Outfit, just cause she looked so damn fabulous. And it rocked to watch her take down fully armoured guys wearing a dental floss bikini. How's that for girl power?

There's nothing anti-feminist in being sexy - as Mira realised, it can be powerful in itself. Defining people by their appearance alone - that's sexist.

See, now there's a healthy attitude.

Got a bf, btw? :-"

Haven't we been over this before?

Personally, I don't give a damn one way or the other. They have a role, a personality and an appearance. As long as it fits together, what's the big deal? Visas or Mira could've been a man, sure, but what's the point? It's 50/50 (48/52 actually, if you're nitpicky). Unless of course any of them should've been a man just because, in which case your opinion has nothing to do with equality, at least not what equality is supposed to be about. Visas' breasts could've been smaller, Atton could've been fat, the Disciple could've been ug... okay, scratch that last one, but you get the point. Take a look at Bao-Dur in that tight shirt of his. You see me complaining about his physique? More importantly, why aren't you? That is, after all, also sexist. If that's not a problem to you, then I suggest you take your neo-feminism disguised as equality and stuff if. With all due respect, of course.

Ugh, sorry, I just can't stand feminists. I have no problem with equality, but in my experience, feminism and equality are two different concepts.

In any case, equality is a dream. We're not equal. Sorry to break it to you, but the world isn't fair. The best we can hope for is that it's equally unfair.

1. At least they finish their games. All I know about Obsidian is that they commit to things they can't complete

2. Characters from Sith Lords shouldn't count since it's not a Star Wars game.

3. Why would I use an avatar from a game as horribly vacuous as this one?

4. I'll buy KOTOR III as long as Chris Avellone stays far away from it.

5. QUOTE(Feargus Urquhart @ Mar 24 2005, 06:34 PM)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I don't feel that KotOR2 was a shocking disappointment.

Says the developer.

Very possitive ain't it?

Looks like you studied 3 hours when walking around the Ebon Hawk and thought: "He, another thing untrue were I can b*tch about..."

Waiting for you're next untrue statement (What about the fact there are only male droids???)

Only male droids! What about S4-C8, the sexiest pazaak droid alive!

I should have known the minute I saw the concept art for Mira.  This was a game created by men, for men.  KOTOR I was made for everyone.  It even allowed one female character (Bastila) a pretty major role.  Bastila was the key to the whole Republic war effort in the game.  Talk about a huge role!  This was progress...  and I guess I hoped it would carry over to the next game.  Well it was a fun ride while it lasted; now back to the status quo.

Yet you forget to mention Kreia, who had an even BIGGER role than Bastila did. And atleast Kreia didn't turn into a sap who fell in love with the PC and change her thinking because of her schoolgirl crush.

But hop back on that soapbox. :-

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Only male droids! What about S4-C8, the sexiest pazaak droid alive!

OK, change it in only male droid teammembers...

1. BTW, If all the woman were taken out (looks like ncr can's stand ANY of the woman in the game) would you complain about:

"Oh my, KOTOR2 is so sexist, there are only man, if that ain't sexist, not even a single woman"

2. Guess NCR would also complain if there are only ugly woman (OMG, Obsidian only displays all woman as ugly, damn sexist)

3. Golden middle: Woman and beautifull ones (some); NCR still complains...

Actually, about ugly women, funny story. Bud Grace (the guy behind "Ernie") originally made Doris, Ernie's girlfriend, quite... unattractive. You know, no curves, thick glasses etc. The thing is, the American readers didn't like it. So Doris gradually became more and more attractive (by the cartoon standard, of course). She got curves, gone are the glasses, smoother face, better hair etc.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

1. At least they finish their games. All I know about Obsidian is that they commit to things they can't complete

2. Characters from Sith Lords shouldn't count since it's not a Star Wars game.

3. Why would I use an avatar from a game as horribly vacuous as this one?

4. I'll buy KOTOR III as long as Chris Avellone stays far away from it.

5. QUOTE(Feargus Urquhart @ Mar 24 2005, 06:34 PM)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I don't feel that KotOR2 was a shocking disappointment.

Says the developer.

Very possitive ain't it?

Looks like you studied 3 hours when walking around the Ebon Hawk and thought: "He, another thing untrue were I can b*tch about..."

Waiting for you're next untrue statement (What about the fact there are only male droids???)

Wow, I'm flattered you'd go to all that trouble to look up all my posts. It's a little creepy, but ok...

Yet you forget to mention Kreia, who had an even BIGGER role than Bastila did. And atleast Kreia didn't turn into a sap who fell in love with the PC and change her thinking because of her schoolgirl crush.

But hop back on that soapbox. o:)

Yeah but Kreia was like the mother-in-law from hell.

Wow, I'm flattered you'd go to all that trouble to look up all my posts. It's a little creepy, but ok...

It's a 1.5 min job actually. Got a new one too

I'll buy KOTOR III as long as Chris Avellone isn't writing it.

Altough that one is almost similar to one before

EDIT: And yet another one...

I was... but KOTOR II cured me of my obsession. If KOTOR II is Star Wars, then Star Wars isn't worth my time...

As positive as ever o:)

EDIT2: OH, another point (except for the female role) where Obsidian screwd KOTOR2 up...

The whole game isn't Star Wars. Star Wars isn't morally ambiguous. It's about light and dark, good and evil. There is no grey area. For me, that's part of it's appeal. Obsidian took way too many liberties with the game. This is Star Wars not some Planetscape trash!

Chris Avellone? Master storyteller? HA! Can we say "hype"?

Stop typing more than I can copy+paste in 1 time o:)

To Aegis down here: Also had to Copy+Paste it into, number it and enter some text of my own how positive this guy/woman was, and (ofcourse) had to make up a perfectly bad new complaint for people like this

Edited by Battlewookiee

It's a 1.5 min job actually. Got a new one too

1.5 min job? What kind of crappy connection are you on? It takes me exactly 2 clicks from inside this thread to get it done.