Kotor 3

If it takes more time to make it better, even better than K1, then I'm prepared to wait - play something else till then...like Star Wars Lego! Too bad my graphics card doesn't have "Pixel Shader 1.0 and Vertex Shader 1.1". :blink:

(besides, gives me more time to get a better computer so I would be able to play K3 when it does come out :( )

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

when do u think it'll come out i heard supershadow said dec2006.  that would suck ass , i dont wana wait 2 years

i hope it comes out like early 2006

:(

:(

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

when do u think it'll come out i heard supershadow said dec2006.  that would suck ass , i dont wana wait 2 years

i hope it comes out like early 2006

If KOTOR3 is made

Dec. 2006 should be a MINIMUM.

Getting it sooner results in KOTOR2-like "unfinished products"

If you really want it Sooner than Dec. 2006 I would be happy if LA wouldn't listen to you...

(You really rather want an unfinished product fast than a good product later?)

Games arent like films or music albums where they can be made in a year. SO the longer development time the better (so long as they make good use of it).

All ideas should be developed fully and not just come up with interesting concepts, rush them and stuff them into a game.

Games arent like films or music albums where they can  be made in a year. SO the longer development time the better (so long as they make good use of it).

All ideas should be developed fully and not just come up with interesting concepts, rush them and stuff them into a game.

RPGs are difficult always have been, even more so now that full voicing is the vogue. I'm certain that given the same schedule and the lessons learned from KOTOR II Obsidian could deliver a kick arse game in the same time frame.

I dont expect they would want too, but then again some people thrive on the pressure so who knows.

In a couple of months there should be some more details on what the third project is. Although its certianly not KOTOR III.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

according to a few people on la's board kotor 3 is in heavy production. they aid they found it on a site that was shut down due to ep. 3 spoilers. so if it is production question is now who is making it?

Tip: Don't believe Anybody on the LA Forums, only morons, morons, morons and idiots over there...

Episode 3 spoilers in a game playing 4000 years before EP I? Do you believe it yourself?

according to a few people on la's board kotor 3 is in heavy production. they aid they found it on a site that was shut down due to ep. 3 spoilers. so if it is production question is now who is making it?

Tip: Don't believe Anybody on the LA Forums, only morons, morons, morons and idiots over there...

Episode 3 spoilers in a game playing 4000 years before EP I? Do you believe it yourself?

i meant it was shutdown due to them putting ep. 3 spoilers up on the site as well. still not sure what i believe. i'm in a holding pattern. i believe we'll find out at e3 or alittle if kotor 3 is in production.

Sound advice. The day anyone on the Lucasarts forums is the first to know about something is the day....well I don't have a good enough analogy to describe how unlikely it is.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Sound advice. The day anyone on the Lucasarts forums is the first to know about something is the day....well I don't have a good enough analogy to describe how unlikely it is.

...is the day Lucas Arts releases a content patch for KOTOR 2? o:)"

Have you played Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay? The festering dark pits of mutants underneath the Prision facility are like a sunny knoll covered in little bunnies playing in the wildflowers when compared to the depraved depths of the Lucas Arts forums.

One *shudder* topic read "Everyone is betching [sic] abot [sic] what they wantg [sic] in KOTOR III what do you want to see in KOTOR IIII? Discus... [sic]

(w00t) KOTOR IIII? I almost laughed myself to death. Yeah. Don't go there. Ever.

Looks like someone could be in for a very short visit.

Chris is a great writer. Complicated and convoluted perhaps, but none the less great.

What was your problem with the writing ? Not straightforward enough to be Star Wars?

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Looks like someone could be in for a very short visit.

Chris is a great writer. Complicated and convoluted perhaps, but none the less great.

What was your problem with the writing ? Not straightforward enough to be Star Wars?

One quick look at his 16 post history shows he's a troll and would likely benefit from being ignored in hopes that he throws his tantrum and goes away.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'll buy KOTOR III as long as Chris Avellone isn't writing it.

I'll buy KotOR III as long as LucasArts isn't publishing it.

Great counterattack :rolleyes:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Obsidian Entertainment:

Let me just say I enjoyed a lot playing KOTOR 2, I have to give you that.Given the fact the game was just out for the pc on february, it will take a little while until the next game in the series comes along. Hopefully there will be a next game. I don't know if you guys are the ones making it or Bioware and quite frankly, I would be fine with either developer. I know there are other projects to come and all but this is a new star wars liscence that has been an amazing success and the ending of kOTOR 2 only left me wanting more. Please don't ignore this, I'm not asking you to tell me if you guys, Bioware or whoever are doing it, I'm just saying this because i'm frustrated with the ending and there is a lot left to find out and it wouldn't be fair for us star wars fan to just simply end the series after the duels at Malachor V. I basically want to make an appeal. I know you all at Obsidian would gladly take on the 3rd KOTOR if possible. I guess I'm just afraid everybody will get caught up on other projects and leave us kotor fans hanging. Thanks for your time.

Not another bloody KotOR 3 thread. Can you put these things in the one KotOR 3 thread. We don't need KotOR 3 threads spammed all over the forums. I do not want a KotOR 3 because it would mean LucasArts would be publishing it and they are too incompetent to publish games. Let the series die.

Obsidian Entertainment:

Let me just say I enjoyed a lot playing KOTOR 2, I have to give you that.Given the fact the game was just out for the pc on february, it will take a little while until the next game in the series comes along. Hopefully there will be a next game. I don't know if you guys are the ones making it or Bioware and quite frankly, I would be fine with either developer. I know there are other projects to come and all but this is a new star wars liscence that has been an amazing success and the ending of kOTOR 2 only left me wanting more. Please don't ignore this, I'm not asking you to tell me if you guys, Bioware or whoever are doing it, I'm just saying this because i'm frustrated with the ending and there is a lot left to find out and it wouldn't be fair for us star wars fan to just simply end the series after the duels at Malachor V. I basically want to make an appeal. I know you all at Obsidian would gladly take on the 3rd KOTOR if possible. I guess I'm just afraid everybody will get caught up on other projects and leave us kotor fans hanging.  Thanks for your time.

there rumors going that kotor 3 is already in the development now if they are true i guess we'll find at e3...

I'll buy KOTOR III as long as Chris Avellone isn't writing it.

I'll buy KotOR III as long as LucasArts isn't publishing it.

<_<

How is it possible for you to hate a company so much for one mistake? Your unnatural rage towards LA seems alittle too harsh. Why damn an entire saga simply because the publishers made a mistake? Maybe they read all this and learned their lesson? Then when KOTOR 3 comes out we'll all have a blast playing it except you and your descendants who will be bound to a rash vow you proclaimed back in 2005.

(Take this post with a pinch of sarcasm...its not really supposed to be a flame.)

Nah not me, they toasted me once with TSL, why would I give them the chance to do it again or any other game they make for that matter? They swear up and down they learned from their mistakes from TSL. That's great, but doesn't help the bad taste I have in my mouth and lack of a patch on my machine now does it? All we have been hearing from LA and Obsidian is words, words...well words are not actions and action is what a lot of people who are having serious issues with this game want. They don't want words, they are tired of words. They can say all they want that a patch was sent to LA for QA testing but that doesn't make it so. I can tell you the sky is pink, you can either take my word for it and accept it as reality or you can stick you head outside and with one action, prove me wrong.

So no, I have no intention of letting myself get burned again. Why? Why not simply give them another chance? Simple really. They've only given me words that it won't happen again and before I place my hard earned money on another of their products (present or future) I will need more than words to show me that I will not get burned again. Be it Obsidian or LA.