Kotor 3

I think December '06 is reasonable. They would most likely want to create a new engine, and plus the more time developing the game, the better. BioWare worked on the first KotOR for a couple of years. Obsidian did a great job with KotOR2. It's on par with the first game, it could have just used a little more polishing. :thumbsup:

I think December '06 is reasonable. They would most likely want to create a new engine, and plus the more time developing the game, the better. BioWare worked on the first KotOR for a couple of years. Obsidian did a great job with KotOR2. It's on par with the first game, it could have just used a little more polishing. :thumbsup:

Depends on the platform. If it's Xbox with current engine, then an early release to tie things up is possible. If on the other hand it goes to Xbox II, then you have not only a new engine, but a totally new assembly kit too.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

X-Box 2 is launching late '05, right? I think it's almost inevitable to be a next gen game...

Thats the plan. With Halo III launching the week of the PS3 release.

Sony carried on supporting the PS after the launch of the PS2 with great success. Obviously if you already have a market to tap you could do a KOTOR III Xbox and then in a year follow up with an Xbox II with extras version (by which point you will have more consoles on the market).

It probably depends on how well the Xbox II does in initial sales.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

when do u think it'll come out i heard supershadow said dec2006.  that would suck ass , i dont wana wait 2 years

i hope it comes out like early 2006

Please don't use supershadow as some sort of reference. :thumbsup:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

when do u think it'll come out i heard supershadow said dec2006. that would suck ass , i dont wana wait 2 years

i hope it comes out like early 2006

After seeing the first post of this thread something amazing jumps out at me. That being that someone actually believes what supershadow says. Wow is all I can say.

It matters for whomever will be making the game will be wasting their time when dealing with LA. They would be better off making a different game and deal with a different publisher. LA is not worth doing business with. Need an example, look at the condition of KotOR 2 and LA's handling of the game.

It matters for whomever will be making the game will be wasting their time when dealing with LA.  They would be better off making a different game and deal with a different publisher.  LA is not worth doing business with.  Need an example, look at the condition of KotOR 2 and LA's handling of the game.

You wouldn't by any chance be referring to their policy of coercing developers to make them the maximum amount of money in the minumum amount of time, heralding indifference to the quality of the product and gross disregard to customer satisfaction?

manthing2.jpg