Who has face spiking??

Guest Lakmoots

Guest Lakmoots

I am starting a new post on this subject in order to see how many people have had this issue.

The main character model in my game is plagued by a graphics spike that keeps protruding from his face.

Reloading the game fixes it temporarily, but it will always return.

It is *not* happening to any other character or piece of graphics.

Due to these factors, I cannot see how it would be a problem due to my graphics card or the drivers.

"Updating drivers" is a well-worn mantra that rarely fixes graphical issues, it just improves performance.

I am wanting to know how many other people have encountered this bug, and I am crossing my fingers that it is a game-issue... perhaps even one that is resolved by a patch! <_<

I am starting a new post on this subject in order to see how many people have had this issue.

The main character model in my game is plagued by a graphics spike that keeps protruding from his face.

Reloading the game fixes it temporarily, but it will always return.

It is *not* happening to any other character or piece of graphics.

Due to these factors, I cannot see how it would be a problem due to my graphics card or the drivers.

"Updating drivers" is a well-worn mantra that rarely fixes graphical issues, it just improves performance.

I am wanting to know how many other people have encountered this bug, and I am crossing my fingers that it is a game-issue... perhaps even one that is resolved by a patch!  <_<

This glitch happens to me in both the first and second games, it is annoying at first, but you get used to it.

I was about to ask this in your other thread, but this one looks more appropriate.

Ok, its on your main character, the exile. Does it occur regardless of which portrait you use? Male/Female?

Or is just one or two specific character portraits that this happens with.

This thread is an excellent idea, though to see how many people have seen such a graphic glitch. I haven't seen anything like what you describe in the game, and I suspect most of the people that responded in your other thread have either.

I did have one other thought, does your card have a fan on it or just a heatsink? I've seen the FX5200 cards come in both configurations which seems strange to me.

I was about to ask this in your other thread, but this one looks more appropriate.

Ok, its on your main character, the exile.  Does it occur regardless of which portrait you use?  Male/Female? 

Or is just one or two specific character portraits that this happens with.

This thread is an excellent idea, though to see how many people have seen such a graphic glitch.  I haven't seen anything like what you describe in the game, and I suspect most of the people that responded in your other thread have either. 

I did have one other thought, does your card have a fan on it or just a heatsink?  I've seen the FX5200 cards come in both configurations which seems strange to me.

Well I have a Radeon 9800 XT with a fan, not just a heatsink, along with the latest catalyst drivers, and still I get the face spiking. It isn't that annoying, just a bit distracting at first.

Guest Lakmoots

Hmmm.... well I seriously doubt that is *my* graphics card or drivers... it would be a strange coincidence!!

I am pretty sure it is a programming glitch that happens with a few cards. I never had it in KOTOR1, so I am hoping it gets fixed in the patch... around 2007 A.D.

yeah i got a Radeon X800 xt with the latest catalyst drivers and i get face spiking all the time, actually at the prologue with my char when he was knocked out, the skin around his mouth was gone so all you could see was this bucktooth mental patient lol

During some cutscenes as well there was this giant pole like thing going through atton's torso which resembled a face spike

I can't really remember spiking ever happeneing to me in the first game aside from one ocasion on my first play with the unpatched version i think it happened once or twice