which?

><FISH'>

which is better?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. which is better?

• PS2
    • Xbox

SANTA MARIA, California (CNN) -- In a setback for Michael Jackson's defense, prosecutors will be allowed to introduce evidence of past molestation allegations against the singer, relating to five previous alleged victims, the judge ruled Monday.

Fixed.

If Jade Empire gets a PC port, then Xbox loses. Otherwise, it trumps the PS2.

Jade Empire aside, there isn't much I'd want to play on the Xbox.

PS2 has FFX, which I enjoyed a lot. There are a few others games I'd want to try as well, Star Ocean III, Xenosaga series, Growlanser Generations, Shadow Hearts, etc. But none more than Jade Empire.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

The above post was sponsored by Bioware Fanboy Incorported tm. :)"

P.S. Yes, BIO is so big now that even their Fanboys have a corportation! (w00t)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

WTF?

FF-X 2 was one of the lamest ideas in a game I have ever seen.

True about X-2.

Not the others, there are many comon gameplay elements but that was about it until FF X-2 come along.

Square just did it to get money out of something thay would cost 1/10 of what a FF usually costs to develop, if I remenber they only needed to sell 100,000 copies to break even the cost (it sold far more then that).

I disagree with the rest, playing VIII and IX is a completly diferent experience and even if there are some comon mechanics there is a completly new system that needs to be learned and the story is diferent at all levels.

drakron.png

FF is so varied that everyone has their favourites and the ones they dont like.

I never had a problem with FFX-2, it tied up the story and had the job system.

It grasped at FF X background to make a story, it tied nothing unless you consider Tidus comming back as it.

I am not going over the job system, they screwed the white and black mages so much that its not even funny ... not that it matters since combat was a joke.

The only way that FF X-2 was good in relation to the story was if they really made a prequel and explained Yevon and Sin but that means not being able to recyle as much of FF X as they did.

drakron.png

It grasped at FF X background to make a story, it tied nothing unless you consider Tidus comming back as it.

I am not going over the job system, they screwed the white and black mages so much that its not even funny ... not that it matters since combat was a joke.

The only way that FF X-2 was good in relation to the story was if they really made a prequel and explained Yevon and Sin but that means not being able to recyle as much of FF X as they did.

It did a lot more than that.

How so ?

That dosnt make a whole lot of sense...

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

In what exactly?

Tidus comming back was it.

There are a lot of things we dont seen in FF X ... like Yunalesca story, Sin origins (besides its the armor of Yevon), Yevon the summoner (not religion) story and are not in X-2.

drakron.png

In what exactly?

Tidus comming back was it.

There are a lot of things we dont seen in FF X ... like Yunalesca story, Sin origins (besides its the armor of Yevon), Yevon the summoner (not religion) story and are not in X-2.

X2 looks like it connects to FF7 somehow :)

You FFX2 haters are weird :)

It was a great game :wacko:

People will always be people..

I didnt mind it because I was familiar with the characters from X , but as a standalone FF it would have been a bit of a shock.

Actually building your grid during combat was a lot of fun. Also one of the more versatile systems. I've still got my game+ save with all the costumes. Maybe one day I will get around to a third play from the Yevan side (for some reason I choose the rebels twice).

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

You FFX2 haters are weird :)

It was a great game :wacko:

People will always be people..

I didnt mind it because I was familiar with the characters from X , but as a standalone FF it would have been a bit of a shock.

Actually building your grid during combat was a lot of fun. Also one of the more versatile systems. I've still got my game+ save with all the costumes. Maybe one day I will get around to a third play from the Yevan side (for some reason I choose the rebels twice).

I like FFX2. I thought FFX was pure trash.

FFX2 wins.

I like FFX2. I thought FFX was pure trash.

FFX2 wins.

Got to ask why ?

FFX is my favourite story. But I'm not a big fan of the sphere grid.

I thought the story was mediocre, the characters were shallow and uninteresting - they gave the lead female the worst VA I've ever seen (that is, til I played BK). Combat was ok, but all the sidequest were little more than annoying.

It was pretty, though.

I thought the story was mediocre, the characters were shallow and uninteresting - they gave the lead female the worst VA I've ever seen (that is, til I played BK). Combat was ok, but all the sidequest were little more than annoying.

It was pretty, though.

I liked the story, worked on lots of levels. :- Did you perchance find all the Jecht spheres?

Didnt they have the same actress doing X-2 ?

478327[/snapback]

I'm with Shadow here which is a shocker in itself; but I like FF s eries, and FFX is one of the better ones. FF X2 was okayish from what I played; but I just didn't finish it because it just wasn't good enough to get me away from NWN...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

X2 looks like it connects to FF7 somehow  ;)

I remenber that, its Shira (or whatever) that makes the connection but I think the one that made that connection (he did work in FF7) is no longer a Square employer and the whole conection could be made outside the game by reading that person comments.

drakron.png