Rescuing Master Vrook from Dantooine

I found Master Vrook in my 2nd visit to the crystal caves on Dantooine. I killed all the mercenaries, but he was still held tightly in his cage.

So I went away and defended the base against the Mercenaries. (Now the base is entirely black when I go inside and I can only see using the map!!!)

Anyway. I can't seem to release Vrook from his cage. I had a look in the guides and it seems that this should have happened when the last mercenary was free.

Please someone help! I don't now have any save games going back that far, so I can't try killing the mercenaries again. Is this a bug or should I be doing something else?

Thanks,

John

PS - any tips to avoid the darkness in the base would also be appreciated, but I think Vrook is the only thing I need to do on Dantoiine to progress now.

People usually reply once you've posted a topic ONE time. It just takes a bit of patience. Anyway, moving on from the three identical post problem (i don't know whether this was accidental. I hope it was. Otherwise that could be considered a little, forceful. haha, stupid joke.)

It sounds like a bug. Usually an event needs to be triggered, that's how these games and most are written, sometimes the trigger can be missed. There's nothing you can do about this. You need a previous save. As you don't have one, to put it bluntly, sounds like you're screwed. Start again. From Peragus. Unless you have ANY other previous saves. And ALWAYS ALWAYS save in different slots, i can't emphasise this enough. I find it's a good idea to save a slot at the start, middle and end of each planet. You'll delete them later, but they can be a life saver in situations like this.

yeh u may have missed the trigger

did u explore the jedi enclave ruins? and find the data pad in the same room as the disciple?

hmm what else, have u talked to adana in khoonda and asked her about vrook? and finding him?

erm, cant think of anything else, maybe a mercinary hiding somewhere in the caves? broke away from the spawn point ? :wub:

thats all i can suggest, soz dude if ure game is messed up, i hat it when that happends

'I did it all for the wookies'

Heh...Vrook...I remember when I spoke to the mercenary,I told em I wouldn't stop em and that I wished Vrook will suffer,or something like that.My gosh I laughed so hard when he look at you with no expression after!!!1 :lol:

I would have liked that you could have let him in the cage and that he could have been spaced out... :ph34r: :p

People usually reply once you've posted a topic ONE time. It just takes a bit of patience. Anyway, moving on from the three identical post problem (i don't know whether this was accidental. I hope it was. Otherwise that could be considered a little, forceful. haha, stupid joke.)

Sorry, in all honesty I didn't think I'd posted at all as the forum gave me an error each time. :devil:

Thanks for all the replies.

I did not follow the guide until I was stuck because I couldn't figure out how to release him.

I always keep a few save slots on the go, but unfortunately I hadn't been wise enough to create them at specific points (eg start of planet).

I think I asked Adana about Vrook, but unfortunately I can't check as the building is completely dark. I guess there's a slim chance I may be able to randomly click on her...!??

The game tells me I've spent 39 hours so far, and it's too depressing to start again. I think I'm going to wait for the patch and pray that sorts it out. In the meantime, it can go back on the shelf. Very annoying!!

Fine now let moderators move this thread to spoiler forum where it belongs.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I doubt the patch can fix that, my advice, be paranoid, be VERY paranoid, make an independant save when you arrive on a new planet, make an independant save when you're about to enter a new area on a planet, make an independant save after you complete something tedious, and if you're a newb and you're not sure where all of this is going, make an independant save, and have peace of mind. And most importantly, make a habit of pressing that F4 button, each time you're about to talk to an npc, each time you open a door, each time you seem to get close to an npc or a location that will trigger something.

The damage control you can do with those independant saves and quicksaves is impressive to say the least. Just remember, that while the autosave feature can save your ass if you take advantage of it in time(which is rarely the case), being paranoid can let you fix almost anything (except for my Yavin inventory on Kotor 1 :wub: ).

Nothing's worse then saving your game to oblivion and losing 10 hours of progress or having to restart from the very beginning because you didn't have any independant saves, it bites there's no doubt.

Of course, you don't have to take it from me, just read it up in your Vault Dweller's guide :( and remember, when you see that flash, duck ! and cover !

The thing that sucks about real life is, we can't quicksave :)