Patch backward compatability

Guest Lakmoots

Guest Lakmoots

Heya!

I was curious about the backwards-compatability of the patch. Early on, it was mentioned that it was unknown whether the patch would fix issues that *had already been encountered*...

This means that apart from actual crash issues, there are many things that may not be fixed, such as graphics glitches, broken dialogue strings and the fast skipping dialogues and scenes.

I have already uninstalled the game in preparation for the patch... this was about a month ago!!

Does anyone have a more informed clue as to whether many of these bug fixes would require a re-installation?

Heya!

I was curious about the backwards-compatability of the patch. Early on, it was mentioned that it was unknown whether the patch would fix issues that *had already been encountered*...

This means that apart from actual crash issues, there are many things that may not be fixed, such as graphics glitches, broken dialogue strings and the fast skipping dialogues and scenes.

I have already uninstalled the game in preparation for the patch... this was about a month ago!!

Does anyone have a more informed clue as to whether many of these bug fixes would require a re-installation?

Umm, no. BUT I'm pretty sure playing the game again will require a re-install.

:p"

PS update your vid card driver.

They most likely meant: "Things you're already past in you're save (Fuel For Telos Quest bug for example) won't be fixed after loading, but are fixed if you select new game...

Never heard of a patch forcing you to Re-Install the whole game...

Not certain though, as the patch isn't here yet, but will be soon (but whenever soon is, I don't know...)