why make Darth nihilus so weak ?

U RETARDS NIHILUS WAS WEAK BECAUSE HE WAS STARVING!

WITH ALL THE FORCE USERS GONE, HE WAS DESPERATE THATS WHY HE ATTACKED TELOS CUZ KREIA TOLD HIM THERE WERE JEDI THERE

im gettin tired of explainin this. and i saw someone say earlier that he could use a power to hack at ur force points, its not possible to do that cuz ur pc is a void in the force, like a black hole that drags everything it can

-force energy from killin ppl-

and nihilus couldnt take any, so his power to take force was vaccumed out so he couldnt use it.

Yes, I realize that Nihilus' inability to draw power from the Exile is due to the Exile's nature.

However, that's an explanation for the player having a chance against Nihilus, not for Nihilus being a pushover. As I see it the fight should have left me thinking, "Wow, what a powerhouse! Good thing the plot made Nihilus overlook my secret advantage, or he would have wiped the floor with me" instead of, "Gee, was that all there was to this guy?" Yes, it makes sense plotwise, but it's still disappointing dramatically IMO...

And while it technically makes sense that Nihilus shouldn't be able to drain force from the Exile (though actual game mechanics would have been unlikely to take that into account), that still shouldn't have stopped him from sucking the life/force out of my companions (Visas and Mandalore).

It could have been both cool and scary to see them both go down and then suddenly face Nihilus alone...

Besides, Nihilus should be a force-power-user, not a lightsaber-duelist. He is more of a Sith entity than a human force-user, so it would have seemed more appropriate for him to simply use lots of force-powers during the fight and no lightsaber at all.

Well, that was my take at least...

Still, I'm sort of hopeful that Nihilus might not be entirely dead... After all, how do you "kill" nothingness? He's just too good and scary a character to throw away that easily, so I'm sort of hopeful he might turn up again in the inevitable KotOR3.

I don't believe they ment him to be weak. They probably thought we couldn't handle it any harder so they left the game on easy mode or perhaps they didn't have time to switch it to hard mode before they burnt and shipped it. At any rate they said before that fight that he was planning to suck the life from Jedi at that planet, but because there weren't any there he lost a lot of his power.

sion didn't disapear for me...

anyway, i was a bit underwhelmed by nihilus, its obvious why he was weak but it was annoying having him fight you and it only lasts 10 seconds

I also think it should've been a 1 vs 1 atleast, like all the other fights. Also annoyed at the way he could have been the coolest sith lord ever but due to lack of development and his backstory and the fact you only see him like 3 times in total through the game, it was down the toilet for that dream.

Too much of that game you had to either presume or work out for yourself

this is a bit off topic but if you noticed:

at the end of the game at the trayus core, there seemed to be two holes in the wall at the end of each pathway, it would be cool of sion and nihilus came from those holes and were "created on malachor so to speak", that would apply to nihilus, though i am a bit confused where Sion came from, as i think Krea said he came from the Jedi Civil war not the mandalorian wars so that wouldn't make as much sense :D

Nihilus is a recurring theme in Kotor and in many modern RPGs, you just gotta see all sides of the issue. The people here are experts at this game, they know the numbers, they've read about them, and they build characters that are so fine-tweaked that they become insanely powerful and good at what they do. For people like these, killing Nihilus is extremely easy. You still have to take statistics into account though, of all the people out there, there have to be some that are so newbish that for them, developping the most ineffective and useless character possible cannot be dismissed, it will happen. In order to allow even these people to finish the game so as not to frustrate them, npc's like Nihilus had to be toned down so as not to create insurmountable odds, it's good business :p

Maybe they should build a gaming engine that evaluates how your character is designed and sets the game difficulty accordingly.

And of course, if you hand out insanely powerful force techniques such as force crush, it makes sense that opponents like Nihilus will be defeated without even being able to lift a finger, not that I don't like force crush :p but it is too powerful, the "sith lords" as they are, have all been annihilated in short order thanks to repeated force crushes, that dosen't entirely make sense, it ain't the kinda stuff you'd see in movies.

U RETARDS NIHILUS WAS WEAK BECAUSE HE WAS STARVING!

WITH ALL THE FORCE USERS GONE, HE WAS DESPERATE THATS WHY HE ATTACKED TELOS CUZ KREIA TOLD HIM THERE WERE JEDI THERE

im gettin tired of explainin this. and i saw someone say earlier that he could use a power to hack at ur force points, its not possible to do that cuz ur pc is a void in the force, like a black hole that drags everything it can

-force energy from killin ppl-

and nihilus couldnt take any, so his power to take force was vaccumed out so he couldnt use it.

not much before Kotor-II starts he had just wasted an entire planet , it was the blabber that alerted him to Telos

Except of all the Nihilus was weakened from his hunger...there is also the subject of Visas helping you. Visas had a bond with Nihilus, even if she doesn't sacrifise herself she helps you tone down Nihilus' power.

nihilus was somewhat weak because you had "too" much help. (Kreia manipulating him towards Telos and Visas' bond) :D