Random Discussions

You know, like the Mission/Bastila one in KOTOR1.

And I know the ones you get inside the ship occasionally, but I have not seen just random ones while you walk along like in the first game.

And yes, I have finished the game as LS Male.

LV

The first game had more character quests but not all of the characters were intergrated into the plot, where the characters in the sequel were directly involved in the events that were unfolding. Both games are awesome, though. :D

The first game had more character quests but not all of the characters were intergrated into the plot, where the characters in the sequel were directly involved in the events that were unfolding. Both games are awesome, though. :D

True enough. I just wish Obsidian had stuck with the level-based progression of NPC conversations, rather than create an influence-based system that forces you into out-of-character actions if you want to learn anything about the people you're traveling with.

I thought it was realistic, though. I always stayed in character while I played. I knew that I could probably learn more about GO-TO and HK if I humoured them, but I decided that it was realistic that if my character was good I wouldn't find certain stuff out about them. But it would be good if there were other ways to get the info.

KotOR had around 14 such interactions, depending on whether you include brief exchanges like the one between HK-47 and T3-M4 in the Korriban academy.  How many does TSL have?

There are a few, but you don't even see them unless you have those particular people in your party in a certain place. Fr'instance, the brief interaction between Visas and Handmaiden at the entrance to the Korriban academy, or the one between Atton and Handmaiden as they discuss how best to deal with Davik on Nar Shaddaa. Most of the serious disagreements between NPC's occur on Ebon Hawk.

I too miss the spontaneous interruptions of the NPC's in K1 ... felt sorry for Revan when Mission just would not shut up. They added sparkle, lightened the tone. But then, Exile has a more serious personality than Revan; he/she went through some really rough times because of it. Stuff just rolled off Revan.

I was diappointed there were no triggered conversations like the ones between the characters in KotOR 1.

Just a side note, the Bastila/Mission conversation had me falling off my chair laughing, despite it's not that funny. Oh well ^_^

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

Yeah, the ones of the Ebon Hawk IMO more then made up for that. In KotOR3 it would be awesome if there was a combination of the two. I'd like to see more party member quests as well.

Right, I thought the Ebon Hawk conversations made up for it too but, I agree, it would be nice to have both. I really got a kick out of Canderous and Bastila arguing in KOTOR I outside the ship.

I like the influence system. Yes, it needs to be fixed in some ways but it was a great idea.

There seems to be a fair amount of the NPCs initiating conversations with the PC outside the ship but they don't talk to each other as much (if at all) outside the ship.

I also like the idea of "trigger zones" such as outside the bar in Nar Shadaa where you get a mind message from Kreia about the Force. This also happens to be a great place to try to recruit a certain Jedi candidate....GOOD STUFF.

I wish the you can have more than 3 members to a party in the next game if there is one. Then you can have members with conflicting alignments together while your roaming the galaxy and they could have fights, kinda like BG2.

I'd like to be able to take 4-5 characters with me off the Ebon Hawk. There could be more epic battles with a larger party against more enemies.

Also I don't know about the rest of you guys and gals but I always prefered the top down view in RPGs. Well at least during combat. While the first person view and the behind the shoulder third person view increase the immersion factor the top down view gives combat a more tactical approach and you can see everything happening concerning you and your enemies which I think makes things more exciting.

Maybe a camera switch option is viable? You can walk around, explore, converse with NPCs in the 3rd person view then switch to a top down view when you enter combat, or just leave the camera as is.

Anyways thats just me.

I would like to see something more of a combination of the influence and level based interactions and also optional quests for your NPCs. I really enjoyed the NPC quests in K1. It gave some insight on the NPCs' histories and character. That's why I felt more attached to the K1 companions than K2.

KotOR had around 14 such interactions, depending on whether you include brief exchanges like the one between HK-47 and T3-M4 in the Korriban academy.  How many does TSL have?

More than that...Canderous/Jolee had 3 together just on Korriban.

All three of those were hilarious too...

Jolee threatens to spank Canderous...Canderous threatens to wring Jolee's neck. lol

If I had a say on K3; I would like party member discussions with the pc to go back to lvl up so we can learn about our party members/story. Add inter-party banter from K1 plus cutscence on ship party banter of K2.

Also if the influence remains it needs to be revamped. A lighsider party member once influenced dark should think and act dark (perhpas question why at first but then click into place). But I think that would be a nightmare to script/program for so lets not go there. lol

I would like to see something more of a combination of the influence and level based interactions and also optional quests for your NPCs. I really enjoyed the NPC quests in K1. It gave some insight on the NPCs' histories and character. That's why I felt more attached to the K1 companions than K2.

Right, I would like to see NPC-to-NPC interactions that are both on and off the ship and that are a combination of level-based and geography-based. Influence really should not come into play except regarding their interaction with the PC, IMO.

As to NPC side quests, there really do not seem to be many true NPC side quests in KOTOR II. They did a really good job of giving everyone (or almost everyone) in your party a mandatory appearance in certain scenarios

(i.e.

Visas on the Ravager

), but not much akin to the NPC sidequests in KOTOR I.

In KOTOR I, the NPC sidequests were, just that, totally optional diversions that often had NOTHING to do with the main story. I would like to see some of that in the next installment.