Icewind Dale Online!

Craigboy2

Do you want to?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to?

• Yes
    • No
    • What's Icewind Dale?

Get your Icewind Dale characters up because I'm getting a game up (AK.A. hosting a game) on April 2nd. More information about the event will be released as the date comes closer. Be there or be square!!!

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Wow! I'll be waiting!

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

This is for the one person who did not know what was.

(I got the information from Moby games)

Released: Jun 30, 2000

Published By: Interplay

Developed By: Black Isle Studios (Black Isle is some of the developers came from that now work at Obsidian)

MobyScore: 3.9 (out of 5)

Platform: Windows

Genre: Adventure, Role-Playing (RPG)

Perspective: Isometric

Non-Sport: Medieval / Fantasy, Real-Time

Description

Welcome to the Northern Faerun, where winter never ends. In this harsh realm of ice only a few hardy survivors live. Nowadays even those few survivors find the conditions a step higher.

You and your party, has just arrived to a small fishing village. There is an expedition that will soon begin, whose main reason is helping a troubled nearby tree-village of humans, Kuldahar.

In this hack-n-slash cRPG you play a combat oriented Baldur's Gate. Which means the graphics, the system, the interface and everything is just the same. The only real difference between the two is there is a lot more enemies to kill and much fewer NPCs to talk to. Nevertheless the title, with the other Infinity Engine Games (Baldur's Gate, Planescape Torment), marks a great age in cRPG history.

Here is where you can buy the game if you want to participate, you can buy it used for 2 bucks.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

What time are you planning on playing?  And why dont you have the expansion? ;)

2:00 central and I don't have it because I'm extremly poor but my parents might get me Icewind Dale 2 for birthday in april.

Hey Craigboy sorry for yesterday's alarm but my computer got crashed! I'll try to

do it again some time later.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Hey Craigboy sorry for yesterday's alarm but my computer got crashed! I'll try to

do it again some time later.

Okay, also I've been having some troube with sister's computer, it keeps on kicking me out of Icewind Dale. Also for some reason when I try to install Icewind Dale on my computer nothing happens.

I managed to install the game on my computer! o:)

Is Icewind very good? I'm getting the expansions to NWN, and then I'll check out the Baldur's Gate series... I admit, I'm hooked on Faerun now... (They still can't beat the old Dragonlance books, though.)

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Is Icewind very good? I'm getting the expansions to NWN, and then I'll check out the Baldur's Gate series... I admit, I'm hooked on Faerun now... (They still can't beat the old Dragonlance books, though.)

IWD is great. :(

But seriously, I love all the IE games. IWD 1 & 2, BG 1 and 2, PS;T,

But there are those who don't like them. Or who love BG but hate IWD.

If you decide to try them, I would suggest in this order.

IWD, BG, BG2, IWD2 and PS;T.

Why??

Because once you have played BG with all the different kits, it is hard to go back to IWD. I have seen many hate IWD because it did not have kits and other features like BG2.

And why PS;T for last??? Because it has the best story and the best spell effects of them all despite having older graphics. I remember being dissapointed when I played ToB because I felt that it was three steps back compared to PS;T. Of course what I did not know at the time is that it was realeased even before BG2.

But that is just my opinion.