Remember the Old days?

WITHTEETH

I was just appreciateing the old adventure & RPG games, like the Kings Quest series, Gabriel Knight series, The Longest Journey, and the first Myst. Playing KoTOR1 reminded me that PC games aren't just limited to 1st person shooters and war stragey games anymore. What was your Favorite games?

BTW Fable is being ported from the XBOX to PC. With a new level and tons of Extra content too, Score! :geek:

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

My favourite games are Gabriel Knight 3, System Shock 2, The Longest Journey, Grim Fandango, and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic as well as Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 - The Sith Lords. Bring on KotOR 3! :D

Man... King's Quest brings back the memories. That plus the fact it seemed there was new one released every year. What was the final version they made?.. or *gasp* are they still producing them?!

Though not quite the classic as King's Quest, I think I may be one of the few that still has Baldur's Gate & Baldur's Gate II still loaded on my machine as well :geek:"

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| My KotOR / TSL Mods | My WIP | USM Compatibility |

Having trouble with TSL's cheat console? Try the Hak Pad. Don't forget the Booster!

The last Gabriel Knight was awesome, not as riviting but still Worthy. it was called someething like blood of the sacred blood of the damned. reminds of the DaVinci Code book. The last Kings Quest game was Mask for eternity. that was the only one i didn't play. i heard it was horrible becasue the original makers were not involved... sounds familiar doesn't it.

Myspace Website!

My rig

One of my favorite games is Beyond Good and Evil. It's a Ubi game that didn't really become very popular but won a lot of awards and recgonition from reviewers but still wasn't one of those really popular games. It's a great game... I remember loving every single hour of it.

The Knights of the Old Republic series has proved promising for me from the first to TSL. I've replayed each at least twice and still love playing it. I can't seem to break away from it, which is good in the sense that I got my $50 worth. I've played both sexes LS and will play both DS pretty soon, too.

I also really love Final Fantasy X, even though I've barely finished.

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

I started with Baldur's Gate before that I was playing wargames. strategy, simulators and FPS only.

Baldur's Gate

Baldur's Gate 2 + TOB

System Shock 2

Torment <- best PRG for me ever

Icewind Dale 1 & 2 (not sure if qualifies)

Neverwinter Nights

KOTOR 1

KOTOR 2 (waiting for the patch before I continue)

I'm looking forward to Neverwinter Nights 2 and KOTOR 3...

Gabriel Knight 3 is actually my favourite in the series. Very awesome story and atmosphere. Do you suppose KotOR3 will be announced at E3 or do we have to do some more waiting. :D

good question. i hope so! (w00t) but rumor is they are making a new engine which would take some time. they might collect tidbits of artwork story ect... thats just my guess.

By the way, they are making a new Longest journey game also.

Myspace Website!

My rig

BioWare announced KotOR a couple of years before it was released, so maybe they'll do the same this year at E3. :wub: What about NWN... do you suppose Obsidian will show some screenshots?

Yeah, Dreamfall's one of my most anticipated games at the moment.

Indeed. I suppose it's my only highly anticipated game at the moment. I tend to go for story, writing and character development, and I don't know of any other games coming out in the near term which promise those first and foremost.

Heart of China, Dagger of Amon Ra, Daughter of Serpents, Riddle of Master Lu, Eye of the Beholder, Fate of Atlantis, Last Express, Broken Sword, Pirates!, Dune 2, Tie Fighter, Dark Forces, Cruise for a Corpse, Space Quest, Champion of the Raj, Sword of Samurai, Darklands, Gabriel Knight, Legend of Faerghail, Shadow of the Comet, System Shock, The Third Courier, Universe, Magic Candle, Fallout, Baldur's Gate Series, Rome AD 92, Innocent Until Caught, Tekwar, Black Crypt. Ufff....

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Heart of China, Dagger of Amon Ra, Daughter of Serpents, Riddle of Master Lu, Eye of the Beholder, Fate of Atlantis, Last Express, Broken Sword, Pirates, Dune 2,

Tie Fighter, Dark Forces, Cruise for a Corpse, Space Quest, Champion of the Raj, Sword of Samurai, Darklands, Gabriel Knight, Legend of Faerghail, Shadow of the Comet, System Shock, The Third Courier, Universe.

(w00t)

(plus King's Quests I-VII, the Monkey Island games, Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle, and Sam & Max Hit the Road :cool: )

manthing2.jpg

BTW Fable is being ported from the XBOX to PC. With a new level and tons of Extra content too, Score! :p

Oh dear God, no! It was bad enough on the Xbox (I know, I own it) why make it even worse and port it to PC? *shudders*

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

One of my favorite games is Beyond Good and Evil. It's a Ubi game that didn't really become very popular but won a lot of awards and recgonition from reviewers but still wasn't one of those really popular games. It's a great game... I remember loving every single hour of it.

The Knights of the Old Republic series has proved promising for me from the first to TSL. I've replayed each at least twice and still love playing it. I can't seem to break away from it, which is good in the sense that I got my $50 worth. I've played both sexes LS and will play both DS pretty soon, too.

<internet high five>

You do know that was supposed to be a trilogy right? Man, the ending pissed me off considering how poor the sales were and we might not ever get the story wrapped up. :p

Indeed. I suppose it's my only highly anticipated game at the moment. I tend to go for story, writing and character development, and I don't know of any other games coming out in the near term which promise those first and foremost.

If you don't mind adventure games, and you haven't already played it, Beyond Good & Evil comes highly recommended, I just replayed though it, it's still good.

<internet high five>

You do know that was supposed to be a trilogy right? Man, the ending pissed me off considering how poor the sales were and we might not ever get the story wrapped up. :p

If you don't mind adventure games, and you haven't already played it, Beyond Good & Evil comes highly recommended, I just replayed though it, it's still good.

Any opinion on whether to get it for Gamecube, or for PC? Or even Xbox, but MS is evil, so I tend to favour GC.

I'd tend towards PC I guess, barring special circumstances, as I can as easily play a game sitting on my couch, on my TV, using a gamepad via my PC's TV-out and a long USB cable as I can via my GC, which generally defeats the purpose of buying a console version. But occassionally, a game seems to be most perfectly realised in a console version.

Opinions?

Any opinion on whether to get it for Gamecube, or for PC? Or even Xbox, but MS is evil, so I tend to favour GC.

I'd tend towards PC I guess, barring special circumstances, as I can as easily play a game sitting on my couch, on my TV, using a gamepad via my PC's TV-out and a long USB cable as I can via my GC, which generally defeats the purpose of buying a console version. But occassionally, a game seems to be most perfectly realised in a console version.

Opinions?

I Like to play TSL out side, it makes a great puck! (w00t)

Myspace Website!

My rig

Broken Sword 1&2, Monkey Island 1&2, Baldur's Gate, Grim Fandango, Baldur's Gate, Myst, Operation Stealth, Cruise for a Corpse, Baldur's Gate, NWN series, Baldur's Gate. Final Fantasy VII (the others just had uninteresting characters imo, who didn't stifle a sob at the death of Aeris?), Fable (even though by their admission it wasn't what they set out to do), Black & White, Morrowind, Zelda - A Link to the Past, Super Contra 3 (Insanely difficult but such fun you kept coming back), Secret of Mana, Baldur's Gate, ICO (PS2 Users, if you have not played this GO BUY IT), Alone in the Dark,

oh yeah...

And Baldur's Gate.