Too many patch whiners

the only thing that pisses me off about the patch is that console users cant use it, which would have worked for both sides if the game was xbox live compatible, like they did in kotor1. PC users always get the better end of the deal with RPG's because theyre released later, so if i were a pc user id just not complain as much, because ur gonna get SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more stuff than us

• 3 weeks later...

I'll give you a complain "Kotor2 rules guy":

Personaly I didn't like much K2, it wasn't bad but it just wasn't what I expected and hoped for....

What I really liked about K1 was the atmosphere....the star wars atmosphere that was simply remarkable and rearly encountered in any game....and the players recognized that and that is why it was named a 2003 game of the year by many..

I'm sorry but in K2 I didn't have that "feeling" that I had during K1..... most of the time while I was playing K2, and especially in the end, I just found emptiness and dissapoitment as a result of developers lack of style and talent needed to get the job done that was blinded by nothing but profit which often, if not always, happens to the sequel of a game...

Some will not agree with me.... but don't get me wrong, K2 is not a bad game and it does have certain advantages and improvements in comperison with K1 in terms of interaction with other characters and the whole influnce thing and other no less important things and detailes....

But that is just that.... what they improved and enhanced in K2 where just detailes in comperison with the things that it desperately needed in order to be as good and successful or even better then K1....

By my opinion K2 primarily lacked a depth in the story, the unique star wars feeling - that I had in K1, K2 story was just too superficial, unfinished, kind of

"empty".....

How ironic the main character of K2 - The Exile was described as:

a hole and a wound in the force that drew the ones strong in the force.....

I think that K2 is a hole and a wound in the star wars storyline with the goal of drawing nothing but MONEY from us players eagerly "hungry" for a good game, doublecrossed by LucasArt's neverending greeeeed.....

Obsidian is a starting company anyway...and as for starters...I don't believe they should handle big title franchises like Star Wars and (as if they're too good at it.) Neverwinter Nights 2!!! Trust me if you think K2 is bad...you'll cry and beg that Bioware take back that NWN project, which unfortunately..isn't going to happen.

Obsidian seem to think they're very good at making RPGs in such short period (since they did sign the contract with LA...).

Well..i say let them ...see if ppl care to "bet" their money on another unfinished game..They've certainly ruined my KOTOR experience, what' to stop them from ruining another great game...

PS Yes, this is just another, inevitable complain..as much as i like it to be a compliment.

I liked it, else I wouldnt be running around in these foums now would I?

Same here. But if you re-play the game a couple of times it quickly becomes apparent that this is Obsidian's first game.

Apart from the overall sloppiness there are some shortcomings that serve to compound others. For example, many cutscene-like convos cannot be fast-forwarded through and most cutscenes cannot be skipped or cancelled. This is annoying enough in itself but it also forces you to watch the scenes again in their entirety, and then it is hard not to notice how stupid many of them really are (e.g. Iziz palace, Kavar's heroic battle against two grunts).

Also, during subsequent play-throughs there are other aspecs that serve to highlight the shortcomings.

First, you already know what is supposed to happen, and so you actually notice if it doesn't. Example: in my last game I found the remains of T3 in the fuel pipe upon re-entering Peragus from the Harbinger - apparently he had picked a fight with the sonic mine at the door and lost. I knew that you are supposed to find him alive and so I was not pleased. Reloading a save from before the re-entry changed nothing, the time of T3's demise must have been much earlier (probably around the time of the last HK chat). T3 reappeared later during the Ebon Hawk launch with copies of his equipment. Another example: Dxun, melee before first departure to Iziz. My Exile joined the fray by Force Jumping an assassin - and immediately got the Mandalore cutscene. I knew that there was much more fun to be had on this occasion, and so I was not pleased.

Second, you already know how the game works, what you as a player can do, and then it can be quite frustrating if stupid, small-minded scripting keeps you from doing what you want. Example, normally you can switch equipment around between party members while on the Ebon Hawk, and you can have skilled party members (e.g. T3) use workbenches outside the Ebon Hawk. But you can do no such thing from the time you have triggered the Exchange invitation until you have freed the Exile on Goto's yacht. So, although your sidekicks are ostensibly using the Ebon Hawk in order to get to Goto's Yacht they cannot exchange equipment; your last chance for switching equipment around is way back, before triggering the invitation. Same for the endgame; presumably your party uses the Ebon Hawk to fly to Malachor but the last time where you have free access to your party members is before the Ravager, during the Citadel interlude (you can't get to the Ebon Hawk there either but you can summon your sidekicks).

Third, you get all these nice buff powers like Battle Meditation or Fury, but the way the game is scripted you can never use them when you would like to do so most - in boss fights. By the time the bloody cutscenes and convos are over all buffs have worn off and it would be imprudent to waste three or four combat rounds for buffing up. Not to mention utterly stupid things like that you can get poisoned, stunned or paralysed in scripts even if you are immune to poison, stun and paralysis effects because of class feats (Sentinel), equipment, or buffs.

Obsidian is a starting company anyway...and as for starters...I don't believe they should handle big title franchises like Star Wars and (as if they're too good at it.) Neverwinter Nights 2!!! Trust me if you think K2 is bad...you'll cry and beg that Bioware take back that NWN project, which unfortunately..isn't going to happen.

Obsidian seem to think they're very good at making RPGs in such short period (since they did sign the contract with LA...).

Well..i say let them ...see if ppl care to "bet" their money on another unfinished game..They've certainly ruined my KOTOR experience, what' to stop them from ruining another great game...

As was said numerous times before, and apparently needs to be said again:

Lucas Arts ruined KOTOR 2 by rushing it for Christmas, Odsidian did the best they could under the circumstances.

NWN 2 will be the deciding factor.

No. If their handling of TSL continues in the current vein then people won't even pick up NWN2 if there is only the slightest hint of the quality issues that are plaguing TSL, because it means those issues won't get fixed. Look at what the fabled patch - which was two months in coming - actually fixes; they probably had one junior staff working on it in his/her spare time. This lends credibility to the rumour that Obsidian pretty much gave up on TSL after the XBox ship, did the PC port with the barest minimum of people and then completely washed their hands of the game.

Will everybody just stop whining about this patch?

I've seen many many posts that are complaining about when the patch will be released.  I'm sick of all you complainers.

To all the whiners out there, suck it up and play the game.  Who cares if their are a few problems with the game?

Be happy at least that Obsidian is working on it and that they made the game in the first place.

Just ignore them, if you find them so annoying. I don't think anybody is forcing you to read their posts.

I say Obsidian has leanred from KOTOR2. Afterall, Feargus has alredy said they are gonna hire some in company QAers. That's a wise move and a must for developers.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

No. If their handling of TSL continues in the current vein then people won't even pick up NWN2 if there is only the slightest hint of the quality issues that are plaguing TSL, because it means those issues won't get fixed.

Considering that Bioware is working on the game as well, this is highly unlikely.

No. If their handling of TSL continues in the current vein then people won't even pick up NWN2 if there is only the slightest hint of the quality issues that are plaguing TSL, because it means those issues won't get fixed.

HA!

Fanboyism and overhype will beat common sense and cautious consuming ANYTIME. NWN2 will be a big hit just like K2 has been.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Why?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Bio already screwed the OC ;) OE might actually do a good story :thumbsup:

That might be possible, if they don't agree again with impossible deadlines and improve their Quality control. I mean, the KoTOR 2 stry is filled with holes and the game has so many bugs... If the cut content was added and the bugs solved, KoTOR 2 would be much better than KoTOR 1. But the way it is, I like KoTOR better and Bio didn't screw it at all (at least it was a finished game). :shifty: