Too many patch whiners

Treads asking about the patch started the moment it was anounced by they were few and did not really started to pick up until after two weeks after.

A month later people are starting to get angry about it ... I dont blame then since for many people this game dont work at all and they simply wasted their money.

drakron.png

I'm tired of people calling anyone who wants to know when the patch update will be ready "whiners." (w00t)

Will everybody just stop whining about this patch?

I've seen many many posts that are complaining about when the patch will be released.  I'm sick of all you complainers.

To all the whiners out there, suck it up and play the game.  Who cares if their are a few problems with the game?

Be happy at least that Obsidian is working on it and that they made the game in the first place.

From my experience, a new game has not been out 2 hours before the bi***ing begins... the initial complaints stem from people's crappy cpu's and their lack of understanding of them.... just buying expensive hardware doesn't mean you have a functioning system in terms of whatever 'baseline' is used for development. Then the second wave begins... people whining not enough dev time was put into it.. hell it even happened with HL2... and they put 5 years into it!!! Third wave: blame the publisher for rushing the project... sorry if you're devs sign a piece of paper saying they can do it in the time frame the publisher wants and then fail... is it the pubs fault? Naw... it ain't. This is big business... all of this is in contracts that both parties agree too. LOL. I find it hard to believe that OE was blindsided by a 12 month deadline... they more then likely bit off more then they could chew. Fourth stage.. endless fan whining which means NOTHING... the next installment is already halfway through development.

It's like buying a car, or an appliance,.. ya it's a cash outlay, but sometimes you get screwed due to circumstances beyond your control, sometimes you get a solid product. That's life!

Man, I was counting the months, days and minutes to Homeworld2... same thing happened. Dev's had a concept they sold Sierra on, and then used up half their dev time to realize they could not do it according to their contract... they had sick sick sick ideas... but just couldn't do them according budget, time, talent... etc.... then had to rush develpoment to meet the deadline agreed to... Business isn't black and white like KOTOR. Games are not real. They are entertainment.

Just because Catwoman cost x amount of millions doesn't make it a good movie. Because a dinner in an expensive restaurant costs $500 bucks does not guarentee quality. The next night you may have the best dinner you ever had for 5 pesos in Guatemala City. Just because this OE product didn't live up to the expectations of the fans by no means that their next release will not kick a**. Get Some perspective!

I see the major problem here as the average consumer of this product is probably 16 years of age, lives at home, and has very little life experience. Mom does their laundry and Dad pays the allowance. They have probably never even cooked for themselves other then throwing a pizza pocket in the microwave. To them $50 is a lot of money and they feel let down when they don't get what they expect. Well, sorry kids... wait until you lay out $200,000 for a house and don't get what you thought. lol.

Enjoy it or not... I didn't see anywhere in the EULA you were entitled to a refund, patch or otherwise if you didn't like the game. Maybe you were suckered, maybe not... get used to the uncertainty of capitalism.

Word.

That's the world *we made* :thumbsup:)

Maybe one day we can make tweak communism to actually work the way it was meant to be. so everybody is not just created equal but born equal, so if they want to be a game programer, here be a game programer. you want to be a docter, here go be a docter, its not suppose to be like "communism, what i great idea,, lets grab our guns and start it" just a thought, any comments? that way we would have people working with what they want to be doing, and not worrying about the dollar.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I don't really care how long the patch takes as long as it fixes the majority of the issues I have with the game, but Obsidian and LucasArts has a very skewed meaning of the word "soon."

Soon is a day or two. The Patch release is not soon.

You have 2 choices in life for every confrontation or disagreement you will ever be involved in.

1.) Buckle up, put on the head gear and swing back.

2.) Turn the other cheek and say 'Get used to it'

Guess which choice will do nothing. Guess which choice the people who always lose pick.

Learn to fight back or people will walk all over you. This applies to everything in life. The human race is not civilized. The human race is a pack of wolves looking to feed off the weakest prey they can find and do so in numbers. We just do it differently, we use politics. Politics is the worst form of combat there is. It's where people stop thinking for themselves and is lower on the evolutionary chain than a lion fighting another lion for territory. At least the one deserving of the territory gets it. With politics even the weakest, least deserving 'lion' has an equal chance to win. Right there is proof that the human race is destined for failure. It also explains a lot of why elected officials even get to where they are :blink:

A bit of a tangent here, but very much applicable to the topic. I'd sooner see people express their dislike of how things are going rather than just accept it.

You have 2 choices in life for every confrontation or disagreement you will ever be involved in.

1.)  Buckle up, put on the head gear and swing back.

2.)  Turn the other cheek and say 'Get used to it'

Guess which choice will do nothing.  Guess which choice the people who always lose pick.

In this case, both will do nothing. You have to take the fight to the guy who holds the trigger end of the gun. Otherwise, he'll just sit there, watch everybody else wallow in the mud, get a good laugh and continue doing what he has always been doing, for it doesn't really affect him.

I.e. figure out, where can I cause a change if I swing back, it's not always the easily accessible places that are the best for it...

Voting with your $ has always been an effective option.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I don't think we are destined for failure. its just what we make of it in my opinion. man has a frontal lobe, why don't we use it. If we fought eachother instead of teaming up against the lions, then we would be less successful as a species. just thinking out loud ;) whats your comments? i could be wrong.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I've seen many many posts that are complaining about when the patch will be released.  I'm sick of all you complainers.

To all the whiners out there, suck it up and play the game.  Who cares if their are a few problems with the game?

Be happy at least that Obsidian is working on it and that they made the game in the first place.

At least they get a patch, we Xbox users have to deal with glithces and bad framerate.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

You can't even begin to criticize the process of game develpoment if you don't understand what's involved or the bigger picture of the business it occurs in. All parties understand the risks they are taking... and it's a risky business. A lot of people put their money and / or reputation on the line in every single project. There are no victims... despite all the whining, a lot of people made money off this... that's all that matters. Even if everyone that bought this game never buys another OE or LA game... next year there will be another crop your age that will...

Stop whining

See the system

Affect the system if you really care...

Get involved

Contribute and make a differance.

Nuff said.

Well, Obsidian is kinda Forced to make a patch...

With the buggy release of KOTOR2 they lost a large bunch of customers and without patch the list will increase severly...

That's something a starting organization can't afford...

And some new organazations (Troika) already died because of it...

Hmmm, why is it that a topic created by a self proclaimed "kotor2 lover" that is less than constructive or helpful is allowed to continue but a topic equally as worthless but at least slightly funny that is critical of the "kotor2 lover" is closed by an almighty moderator after only 4 replies?

Well first time post anyway: I dont consider KOTOR2 buggy, perhaps Im having luck, perhaps people do *CENSORED BY MEH :D* with their computer and makes all the buggyness, dont really care. Of course if they get a bugged game they should get a patch accordingly, however I understand that there are certain issues or the patch wouldnt be delayed so much. (And about the cutted content, I would like to see Obsidian add it but I doubt it, leave it to the mod teams). Obsidian already said that the patch is comming soon so just wait.

Anybody see the irony in that? ;)

Yes.

Interstingly enough, every subsequent post in this thread adds to that existing irony. Therefore, eventually it'll become so irontastic that it will morph into :

ironman.jpg

Is it that ironic now?

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Guest Dowie100

I agree with the topic but at the same time disagree

One thread of complaining is enough, but tbh we do have the right to complain, The Patch has been finished for ages, and around a week ago Obsidian posted that "nothing was stopping the release of the patch" but well here we are again with no patch.

This is a joke tbh, I appreciate that the patch was still being tweaked for weeks, but last weeks post has annoyed me greatly now. LA is clearly holding the patch back now, and I am not happy at all about that. But I am Almost happy with the game as it is. The random crashes are annoying (note I have a great PC, so don't give any BS about that) its the lack of your party at the end that annoys me. Cliffhanger endings are fine as far as I am concerned.

If the patch is released within a week, I will be happy, but I fear this patch has been cancelled despite being finished, and if that is the case LA can go **** themselves, this is my last game from them.

But for most people the game is still very playable, so I am going to play it for a second time, and unfortunately I fear the patch will still no be out by the end of my second playthrough, but what the hell, its just a game, guys calm down and move on.

Well first time post anyway: I dont consider KOTOR2 buggy, perhaps Im having luck, perhaps people do *CENSORED BY MEH :D* with their computer and makes all the buggyness, dont really care. Of course if they get a bugged game they should get a patch accordingly, however I understand that there are certain issues or the patch wouldnt be delayed so much. (And about the cutted content, I would like to see Obsidian add it but I doubt it, leave it to the mod teams). Obsidian already said that the patch is comming soon so just wait.

COUGH* CRAZY COUGH* ... :-"