Hydrospanners!

What like used in expressions and stuff? I know there was that guy in the Khoonda settlement...

Well, it's just mentioned an aweful lot. Each example by itself is nothing, but all of them together...

(Minor spoilers below, so beware.)

Like when you ask Bao-Dur about his arm, and he makes a joke about how it kept dropping his hydrospanner.

Or on Nar Shaddaa, Tien(Is that his name) keeps mentioning a hydrospanner. "Where's my hydrospanner?", "If you use the workbench, make sure you put the hydrospanner back in its proper place", stuff like that.

Or on Dxun, the mandolorian who's repairing things mentions stuff about hydrospanners. Something about how he was "never very good with a hydrospanner", I think. And isn't there an option for you to say something like "I'm very good with a hydrospanner, let me help"?

Isn't there also something about using a hydrospanner to smash motivators on something? Can't quite remember where this occured, though.

Not to mention the whole hydrospanner quest on Dantooine.

And don't forget how when you fail to repair T3 at certain times, you can say something like "Whoops! Must have left my hydrospanner in there!"

And also, when you install the pasifist package in HK-47, he mentions something like "Be careful, I have seen how you use a hydrospanner"

Seems like I'm forgetting some.

Edit: I also forgot, hydospanners are even in some of the cut content. In the HK-Factory quest that was cut, for example. One of the droids there was apparently supposed to help train droids for torture. This particular droid had a few programming issues, it seems, and mentions something about "Do not spare the fusion torch or hydrospanner!" in a deranged voice. Hydrospanners as torture implements... they're everywhere!

The term hydrospanner always makes me think of Star Trek.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

:ermm:  <_<  :lol:

Why couldn't they just call it a "wrench?" :shifty:

Cos it's gotta be sci-fi-fancy :geek: .

It does make me think Star Trek but I think it was made famous by Han Solo in Empire Strikes Back; "Bring me the hydrospanners!" (and bang, down onto his head, ouch :lol: )

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

What like used in expressions and stuff? I know there was that guy in the Khoonda settlement...

Well, it's just mentioned an aweful lot. Each example by itself is nothing, but all of them together...

Like when you ask Bao-Dur about his arm, and he makes a joke about how it kept dropping his hydrospanner.

Or on Nar Shaddaa, Tien(Is that his name) keeps mentioning a hydrospanner. "Where's my hydrospanner?", "If you use the workbench, make sure you put the hydrospanner back in its proper place", stuff like that.

Or on Dxun, the mandolorian who's repairing things mentions stuff about hydrospanners. Something about how he was "never very good with a hydrospanner", I think. And isn't there an option for you to say something like "I'm very good with a hydrospanner, let me help"?

Isn't there also something about using a hydrospanner to smash motivators on something? Can't quite remember where this occured, though.

And don't forget how when you fail to repair T3 at certain times, you can say something like "Whoops! Must have left my hydrospanner in there!"

And also, when you install the pasifist package in HK-47, he mentions something like "Be careful, I have seen how you use a hydrospanner"

Edit: I also forgot, hydospanners are even in some of the cut content. In the HK-Factory quest that was cut, for example. One of the droids there was apparently supposed to help train droids for torture. This particular droid had a few programming issues, it seems, and mentions something about "Do not spare the fusion torch or hydrospanner!" in a deranged voice. Hydrospanners as torture implements... they're everywhere!

I'm somewhat at a loss at how you've managed to pseudo-perversify those. :ph34r:

manthing2.jpg

Hydrospanners make little sense. If a spanner was made of water, wouldn't it just fall apart? And if you used it to fix electrical appliances, wouldn't they short out because of the water?

I'm sticking with ordinary spanners, thanks.

"Hydro" means:

connected with or using the power of water

showing the presence of hydrogen

"Spanner" means:

1. A wrench having a hook, hole, or pin at the end for meshing with a related device on another object. 2. Chiefly British-A wrench.

"Hydrospanner" kinda sounds cool, but I am willing to bet it is some sort of perverted inside joke at Obsidian.