The number of components that you get when breaking down items depends on the Repair skill of the Exile (if the Exile is in the party). With an effective Repair skill rank of 20 you achieve 'total efficiency', meaning items break down into the exact same number of components that is needed to create them.

This is different from creating items, where the relevant skill rank is that of whoever uses the workbench/lab.

I was all confused with the components and chemicals thing when I first saw them. In the end I treated them like credits - save them up (ignore them) unless you need an item urgently, and then go on a spending/breakdown/creation spree.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I wonder if anyone out there would make a mod/cheat that could give you a few thousand components or chemicals. trying to collect the damn things so you can blow them all on one measly upgrade doesn't feel all that satisfying. <_<

Huh? It isn't like there's a scarcity of stuff that breaks down into a lot of components/chemicals.

In one of my games I used the workbench on the Ravager to break down everything that did not look like it might be useful sometime -> 45000 components. That was after creating all items/upgrades that looked even remotely promising, like combat implant for Mira and so on. With chemicals it was about 35000.

If you don't mind cheating to get lots of components then you can glitch a lot of Handmaiden robes and break them down, or duplicate lightsabres with high-grade upgrades in them and so on.

Also, T3 will make up to 11 Computer Spikes for you (20 components apiece), Bao-Dur will make unlimited amounts of shields until you talk about lightsabres, Disciple makes medpacks (?), Mira makes grenades, Mandalore makes stims. The other NPCs might make items as well, but I never asked.

BTW, I think Disciple can act as a portable lab bench.

Breaking down items into components is related to the Repair skill (workbench) and breaking down mines/stims/medpacks/implants into chemicals is related to the Treat Injury skill (lab bench).

So what is the bug you think you have found? That you should get 0 components instead of 1 component if your skill rank is 0? Read the posts in this thread, all the relevant info is there.

I'll just use Bao-Dur instead :cool:

For breaking down items into components this works only in situations where Bao-Dur is the party leader (e.g. Dxun if you decree thusly); if the Exile is in the party then the Exile's Repair skill rank will be used.

It seems, though, that things are different for breaking down mines/stims/medpacks etc. into chemicals. AFAICS in this case the Treat Injury skill rank of whoever uses the lab bench is relevant.

• 8 months later...
I'll just use Bao-Dur instead :cool:

For breaking down items into components this works only in situations where Bao-Dur is the party leader (e.g. Dxun if you decree thusly); if the Exile is in the party then the Exile's Repair skill rank will be used.

It seems, though, that things are different for breaking down mines/stims/medpacks etc. into chemicals. AFAICS in this case the Treat Injury skill rank of whoever uses the lab bench is relevant.

No, it seems that there is a glitch with the component breakdown. No matter who I use on the workbench, everything is only worth 1 component (I was using Bao-Dur who had Repair skill 28). It seems to only happen to me when I am using a male character. My game is on the Xbox by the way.

I'm going to break the fold by saying that the thread author has the most awesomest nick since Jedihuh?.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds