Brilliant Job Obsidian

To everyone at Obsidian entertainment who worked on KOTOR2 TSL:

I would just like to say that I had some reservations about purchasing KoTOR2 after hearing so many disappointed fans complaining on the boards. However, I recently finished the game for the first time and I have to say that I enjoyed it. I realize that quite a bit of the game had to be cut in order to meet some seemingly unreasonable time constraints but it was still playable and coherent and yes, enjoyable :( . That is an impressive feat if the boards are to be believed and the game was rushed a full year ahead of schedule. I am impressed with both the engaging subtlety of the story and the playability of the game itself. So I just wanted to say, great job guys! :ermm:

I also wanted to say to all those that have been complaining (and yes, even I complained once hehe): I am sure that the team working on KoTOR2 was far more disappointed about the final product then any of us. It is not easy to have high expectations and vaunted plans destroyed by something as petty as a rushed deadline. It is obvious that they intended the game to be much more then it is but only they know how much more. Only they know how great it might have been. Even given all that, it is a good game and they deserve credit for that.

Kilkanon

Obsidian knew very well that they will never make it in time. They share fifty-fifty responsibility with Lucasgang.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Obsidian knew very well that they will never make it in time. They share fifty-fifty responsibility with Lucasgang.

First I would like to draw attention to the fact that my post was not a veiled bash on LA or anyone. When I mentioned the time constraints I said they were "seemingly unreasonable". I said that because I don't know if in fact they were unreasonable at all, only that from what I have read they seem to have been. For all I know it is just as you say and Obsidian just didn't finish on time. It happens. But I don't know that is the case and until I see proof I am not going to make statements about who knew what and when they knew it. All I wanted to say was that the game obviously wasn't shipped in its intended entirety but was still a good game and that is saying something for Obsidian.

Kilkanon