Atris' fall from grace

What do you believe was the MAIN reason for Atris losing touch?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What do you believe was the MAIN reason for Atris losing touch?

• Meditating in a room full of blaring Sith Holocrons!
    • Feelings Exile, conflict overload: betrayed yet championed
    • Arrogant at being the last Jedi able to defeat the Sith Lords
    • Kreia corrupted her with her trademark Traya propoganda
    • None of the above (Other)

(whoops, should be "Feelings for the Exile" :( )

I guess the Poll itself is not too important - so if you think it's a stupid idea then just don't vote!

What do you think was the main reason for Atris falling from the Jedi ways?

I don't think she really fell to the dark side as such - I think she did more of a Juhani than a Skywalker or Bastila.

I'm thinking the first real blow to her were the holocrons, where it made her believe in things like "I am powerful enough to take on all the Sith", or that all her plans were perfect. The game made a big deal of making the Holocrons effecting her heaps which is why I think this.

And as a side, I think concept-art Atris has an elegent beauty to it. ;) (But Bastila will still be #1 :( )

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

A combination of her thinking to be the last Jedi added with her innate arrogance of anyone thinking outside the box combined with the blasted Sith holocrons as well as her feelings for Exile.

That and that someone hasn't charged up her loading ramp recently :D

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

The endless yearning for her champion, the Exile, to come charging up her loading ramp is what brought her to the darkside. ;)

Then to feel betrayed cos the least worthy Handmaiden got the affection she had always wanted :blink: . Jealousy/Passion leads to the Dark Side....

Well I suppose all the factors above could be linked like this:

Arrogance of Last Jedi > Sith Research to beat them > Her Will is weakened by the holocrons > Emotion charged when Exile returns (questions herself?/distracted?) > ready for the "final push" by Kreia.

She also did sound a bit "out-of-it" when Kreia walked in and she was all "I am the last of the Jedi, you are a Sith, enemy of the Jedi" (paraphrasing [sp?]).

Putting loud "Sith Speakers" into a meditation chamber was just....stupid!

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

I think her feelings for Exile were the crack in her armor. She was obviously as taken by the bonding aspect as many others, but to her it was very personal. She believed herself betrayed, and the dark side Holocrons appealed to her bitterness. Surrounded by their influence, she fell slowly farther and farther, without even realizing how she had changed. She had no Jedi around to compare herself to or to reinforce those teachings. Just the fact that she had surrounded herself by non-Jedi who catered to her every whim made her feel superior--something she needed because Exile's actions caused her to doubt herself.

Did she believe, as the Echani boasted, that she was the 'only' Jedi left? Yes. She knew of the continued existence of those Masters who had fled. But she believed them cowardly, wrong, and could not respect them as Jedi any longer. She had never felt she was comparable to Exile, but had finally bested him/her because of the non-Jedi status. Her strongly arrogant front was overkill, because she had dreamed of the day when she could tell Exile off, yet she still felt threatened.

I read in another thread about Force Sight. Now I could never seem to get my force sight to work (I click the power and nothing would happen in either 1st/3rd person view), but apparently Atris appears as Dark Side when you face her for the 2nd time, but I'm guessing unless you cheat (can pick sight as a level-up power?), you won't have Visas to see what alignment Atris is earler.

All in all, might not mean anything since it could just be game mechanics - kinda like a "neutral" Malak in the final fight of K1.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Well its obvious, she became jelious of me going for Visas entry ramp, and so I voted for none of above since jeliously isnt up there.

also she was a tad bit jelious that she didnt get to run off and fight in the jedi civil war, imo.