Before my next game

As my next built I'm gonna go as a female LS Guardian-Weapon Master but berfore I start I have a few questions, hope u'll have the answers:

Lighsaber:

I did some seareching on gamebanshee and kotor2 forums to try to come up with a strong lightsaber. If u want to add anything or replace something be my guest.

a)

1Lighsaber Dmg.:Double Bladed-Qixoni/Upari/Solari/Ultima Pearl

-Blue

-PC's crystals

-Ultimate Diatium En. Cell

-Pontite Lens

-Expert Fencing Emitter

2Lighsaber vs Droids:DB/S/2S-Firkran

-Silver

-Barab Ingot

-Superior Ion En. Cell

-Expert Defliction Emitter

-Improved Beam Gem Lens

3Lighsaber vs ragened:DB/S/2S-Jenraux

-Violet

-Lorridian Jem Stone

-Ultimate Diatium En. Cel

-Expert Deflection Emitter

-Pure Kunda Lens

That's the best y could come up with :">

b)

How do u turn LS to DS and viceversa. I managed to turn Atton(pure DS)but that was it. Someone even said that they turned HK into :o LS o:) how the hell did u do that :huh:

c)

Force Sight. I covinced Vissa to teach me :wub: this but when I turn it on nothing happens :(

d)

After landind with the mandolorian BAZILISK and meeting with Vaklu I arenged with him to give me anything from the palace and of Talias body but I didn't get s :blink:>_< t

e)

The two thugs on Telos. I talked with Grenn(T.elos S.ecurity F.orce)about the bountys and he told me about two thugs(Rodian and ?)I went to Chzerka, saw them but they escaped to Telos's surface. I went back to tell Grenn and continued with my quests but when I got to the surface :( NO THUGS :o I can't find them anywhere. By the way I got this quest LS and DS

Thanks for reading and hope u have some answers :thumbsup:

a) Just remember that with all the randomness you might not get all of the crystal's you want..unless you're willing to reload and reload and reload until you get them. I didnt see a barab ore ingot until my 9th play through...Helps to be versatile ^_^

b) Gain influence with them! And Lightside/Darkside mastery helps here too. The higher your influence the more you affect them when you get ls or ds points.

c) Might be a bug...You can click right thumbstick with visas or kreia as active characters to use it anyways...

d) If you loot the 'Museum', which consists of Ossus keeper robes, viridian(I think) crystal, and a few other pieces you dont get anything. If you dont loot them that's what you get.

e) Common bug..No idea what to do on it, but it happens to me alot too. :wub:

A) http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=31608&hl= Thats a topic I started about peoples opinons about the best lightsabers

B) If you mean you, be extreamly good or extrealy bad (in a bully sence). If you mean the NPC's, just get high influence and they follow you

C) I never got it (I ruined my one chance to get it) but the screen shots I see all it does is let you see peoples alignment and enimes through walls

D) Im not sure what you mean (but I have only finished LS) but the only reward I got was the artifacts from the museum (but I looted it and got nothing but a few credits)

E) I just told TSF I killed them and completed the mission anyway

Hope that helped a little :wub:

As my next built I'm gonna go as a female LS Guardian-Weapon Master but berfore I start I have a few questions, hope u'll have the answers:

Lighsaber:

I did some seareching on gamebanshee and kotor2 forums to try to come up with a strong lightsaber. If u want to add anything or replace something be my guest.

a)

1Lighsaber Dmg.:Double Bladed-Qixoni/Upari/Solari/Ultima Pearl

-Blue

-PC's crystals

-Ultimate Diatium En. Cell

-Pontite Lens

-Expert Fencing Emitter

2Lighsaber vs Droids:DB/S/2S-Firkran

-Silver

-Barab Ingot

-Superior Ion En. Cell 

-Expert Defliction Emitter

-Improved Beam Gem Lens

3Lighsaber vs ragened:DB/S/2S-Jenraux

-Violet

-Lorridian Jem Stone

-Ultimate Diatium En. Cel

-Expert Deflection Emitter

-Pure Kunda Lens

That's the best y could come up with :">

b)

How do u turn LS to DS and viceversa. I managed to turn Atton(pure DS)but that was it. Someone even said that they turned HK into :o LS o:) how the hell did u do that :huh:

c)

Force Sight. I covinced Vissa to teach me :wub: this but when I turn it on nothing happens :(

d)

After landind with the mandolorian BAZILISK and meeting with Vaklu I arenged with him to give me anything from the palace and of Talias body but I didn't get s :blink:>_< t

e)

The two thugs on Telos. I talked with Grenn(T.elos S.ecurity F.orce)about the bountys and he told me about two thugs(Rodian and ?)I went to Chzerka, saw them but they escaped to Telos's surface. I went back to tell Grenn and continued with my quests but when I got to the surface  :( NO THUGS :o  I can't find them anywhere. By the way I got this quest LS and DS

Thanks for reading and hope u have some answers :thumbsup:

Alright...

Here's my LS build for Alaric (you can dupe this for FPC's, same specs, I just use male all the time...I have never used female...Not my scene :o):

Base Stat:

STR - 15

DEX - 14

CON - 14

INT - 10 (For building the upgrades and stuff, you really need to give your allies the Class Skill feats, Kreia, T3, GOTO, and Hanharr come in useful here)

WIS - 12

CHA - 10

(If I missed by a few numbers, just go and use KSE to make this, it's not a cheat if you do in this case since it's such a small change)

Skills...These are so-so, I just use KSE to give 10 to all skills, but all you need to worry about are Treat Injury and possibly awareness or persuade (Pers especially if you use a few of the mods out there)...

Equipment (This is the creme' de la creme' of a Weapon Master or Marauder, without this stuff, your build is going to blow corn chunks):

Implant: Universal D-Package (ALWAYS boost your CON in this build until you hit 18, then switch to STR later)

Head: Force Focusing Visor or Bindo's Band (Don't argue with me, this is needed to give you some offensive Force powers to tackle the armies you encounter at certain areas of this game :o)

Hands: Dominator Gauntlets or Sith Power Gauntlets if you want to boost Kreia or another Jedi in your phar-tay with the Doms..

Right Arm: Best energy shield you can equip...Try for Verpine's, but if you use the Beginning Items mod, you will get an Arkanian with unlimited charges..

Body: This is heavily debatable with me...Sometimes I take Jal Shey Mentor with Energy Shielding Mark 4, Bio Underlay 5, or I will take Mandalorian Assault Armor with Bonded Plates Mark 4, and Flex Underlay Mark 5...It's up to you...I use mods, so I have no force casting restrictions with armor...Just my personal preference..I don't see why, REALISITICALLY, that the use of the all-powerful Force should be held back by something as corporeal as Armor :D

Left Arm: PC's Armband

Right Hand/Left Hand: Double Lightsaber (Expert Fencing Emitter, Pontite Lens, and Ultimate Diatium, with Orange/Silver crystal, Nextor and Opila if I go with Crit strike methods, or Hurrikaine with Sapith if I use Power attack, or Qixoni with Kaiburr if I use Flurry)

Belt: Immortality Belt or Immunity Belt, or Inertial Inhibitor..Or Exchange Utility Belt if I'm in a pinch...

Tactics: This build is a close-range killer, he/she is made to be able to stand toe-to-toe with just about every enemy you face, the only things that can stand a real chance against you are Storm Beasts, the Zakkeg at high levels, or the Drexel Larva...Pick ONE attack feat tree...Which one you will pick depends on which tactics you like to use, do you prefer massive criticals and stunning with Crit, do you like to slap the **** out of everyone? Use Flurry...Do you want to crush your enemies beneath your heel and make them fall down? Use Power Attack...

Whichever feat tree ya use, just remember that any of them can work with the WM/SM builds...It's a matter of personal tastes and style preferences...Most females I have seen (my gf included), prefer to take Critical Strike because it is elegant and it immobilizes your enemy, so perhaps, for this build, you should consider using that...Most males either love to slap the enemy to death with 6 attacks of lower power, or re-define "Death From Above" with Power Attack...

Force powers:

Master Speed

Master Heal

Force Shield

Master Meditation

Master Stasis

Master Wave

Master Lightning

Master Death Field

Every other Force chain is immaterial for ANY LS or DS build, period...Between spamming Wave/Lightning/Field at range, then using Master Speed and Shield up close, your enemies will die VERY fast...If they didn't die from the Storm/Wave/Field spamming between me, Kreia, and another Jedi of my choosing, then they died when they came close because I would so commonly employ Master Flurry, Speed, Shield, and Juyo form...Between those four things, nothing will be able to compete with your melee-monster :D

EDIT: OH! AND LEARN HOW TO *SPELL* :D <_<

Does the XP from the Prologue count in general?

No, but you get to keep the items you collected if you do Skip Prologue when you are done looting.

As a rule, any XP that your henchmen (or henchdroids) collect while the Exile is not in the party is effectively lost (T3 on Peragus, Dxun outing, Mira in Jekk'Jekk Tarr, T3 in warehouse, start of Goto's Yacht until Exile re-joins). Except for Dxun and the warehouse you get to visit the same areas later with the Exile in your party, so just take care not to damage any courtesy critters unnecessarily.

How many sith soldiers can I let in the Ebon Hawk?(Peragus) I want to get loads of XP.

25. Just take care not do damage them with the laser turret; you get XP only if you kill them after they boarded the ship.

Kreia has a 'mentor ability', meaning that you get a few extra percent for any XP earned while she is in the party. In the beginning it is about 3% and the factor increases as you level (on the order of 10% around level 30).

If you want to really max your XP then you should be aware of three factoids:

(1) XP for critters decreases if your XP crosses a level-up threshold when the critters exist already; mobs spawned later will give full XP

(2) early courtesy critters are 'softer' than those spawned at later levels; e.g. Hssiss normally give 400 XP but during early levels (before lvl 15 or so) give only 375 XP or somesuch; some assassins spawned @ lvl 6 or earlier give 200 XP and starting with lvl 7 it is 225 XP (in other places it is 150 vs. 175).

(3) XP for some skill-oriented actions scales with level, e.g. things like repairing some droids; XP for picking locks and disarming/recovering mines scales too, but there are different multipliers depending on whether the DC of the action is less than 20 + LEVEL or not

Example: if you are playing on 'difficult' then minor mines have a DC of 30 to recover. Until level 10 (= 30 - 20) you get 15 * LEVEL for recovering them and for level 11 and later you get 10 * LEVEL. So it is 150 @ lvl 10, 110 @ lvl 11, 300 @ lvl 30. So it can be advantageous to let things lie until later, e.g. if you see that you'll level up before leaving the map or if you can come back later, or to have a lower-level NPC do the action (e.g. let lvl 10 Bao-Dur recover mines @ 150 XP a pop instead of having lvl 11 Exile do it for 110).

c)

Force Sight. I covinced Vissa to teach me  this but when I turn it on nothing happens

I've had the same problem. Its because of the video card you have. Nothing you can do except replace it.

It's not because of your video (I doubt it), I have a 9800 Pro mod to XT, and I personally modded my drivers to make sure they were totally compatible with every feature that this game engine could produce...

You see, because this game was rushed a full *YEAR* ahead of indended release by our beloved publisher, they screwed up the following Force powers:

1. Wookie Frenzy/Marauder's Rage (This was meant to give you Master Speed extra attacks, instead all it does is boost a few WORTHLESS statistics that can be obtained better through master Items or through Master Speed)

2. Force Speed (This power is nerfed because it doesn't give you your defense bonus, instead, you have to cast shield right after you cast speed...Doesn't that blow?)

3. Force Wave (This power is probably the only non-DS attack power, and guess what? EVERY F'N DROID SAVES IT, AND ANY ENEMY OVER LEVEL 5 WILL SAVE IT TOO! TALK ABOUT A NERFED AND *BROKEN* POWER!)

Now, I am taking modding measures out on these powers to fix the scripting problems, but as I have said in other posts, I will not release mini-mods, and my entire K2 mod is far from being up to my perfection standards, so...

I am shocked and amazed that T7 or Darth333 or one of the other "l33t" coders hasn't done a mini-mod for the busted Force abilities yet...Usually they don't miss the boat like this...They never did with K1...*shrug*

EDIT: Back to topic, the busted Visas thing is being worked on right now, but I'm having an issue finding the correct graphics to use for it...They never even attached a graphics file for the effects..Looks like they intended to use a different color from Wookie Rage/Marauder Rage...Maybe I'll just make a yellow/gold variant of that to go with Visas's Sentinel colors, or some-such...Or I'll use blue if yellow doesn't agree with people..

As a rule, any XP that your henchmen (or henchdroids) collect while the Exile is not in the party is effectively lost (T3 on Peragus, Dxun outing, Mira in Jekk'Jekk Tarr, T3 in warehouse, start of Goto's Yacht until Exile re-joins). Except for Dxun and the warehouse you get to visit the same areas later with the Exile in your party, so just take care not to damage any courtesy critters unnecessarily.

Oh, really?! Is that why all of the items that my party members looted from Freedon Naad's Temple are STILL in my inventory, like Freedon Naad's Short Lightsaber (Freedon Naad's Blaster on another playthrough). All of the stuff T3-M4 looted on Peragus, I kept, but not the stuff from the Prologue. I kept the all of the chemicals that I had Mira loot in the Jek'Jek Tarr, even as Dark Side. And all of the stuff that my two party member loot from the Droid Yacht before my rescue, still there. I get the feeling that you haven't the slightest clue as to what you are talking about, or perhaps you have a bug. But all of the stuff that my party members looted when I wasn't there, I kept.

OK let me get this strait:

I go in the KOTOR2 folder(where I can fing the launch, movies, sounds etc.) I creat a folder named Override and than restart my computer. After this I extract all the contest of my mods in that folder(can I extract more than one at the same time or will it destroy my game?)and than see what happens.

Is this it?

OK let me get this strait:

I go in the KOTOR2 folder(where I can fing the launch, movies, sounds etc.) I creat a folder named Override and than restart my computer. After this I extract all the contest of my mods in that folder(can I extract more than one at the same time or will it destroy my game?)and than see what happens.

Is this it?

You can load as many mods into Override as you wish...I myself have about 20, give or take :ermm:

The mod proceedure for K2 is identical to the proceedure for K1, download the Holowan 2 package for K1, then download some other stuff to add to it, that's what I did for K1...

It took me all of 5 days to learn most of the engine's code (hacking X-Wing since '93 taught me a lot), so now I'm making my own huge improvement mod for K2...Fixing bugs, adding things that were disabled or deleted, and fixing gameplay exploits and re-balancing the game back to the D20 ruleset (honestly, levels over 20 are NOT needed to make K2 better than K1...This was the worst design choice they could have made...sigh...)...

Very much like what I am doing with XWA, with the major exceptions that I am making several full campaigns of about 120 missions, and I'm adding about 50 new ships and stations...

Anyhow, K2 is identical to K1 in all modding aspects...Sure, there are changes to the way the code is handled, but it's pretty much all the same...

You don't need to reboot, either :(

Sigh...Just right-click in your main K2 folder, use the little menu option that says "Create New Folder", then name it "Override", then dload your mods, be sure to dload WinRAR and install it (I never use WinZIP any longer, too cumbersome and most mods are in RAR format anyhow :D)....Then just start extracting mods to Override.

Be careful with mods that alter the same files, however...If you want to combine multiple mods that are incompatible, you will have to dload KotoR Tool and use the .2da editor to make them work together, but that's a much more involved lesson ;)