The amazing disappearing Iridonian

Can someone... anyone... tell me what happened to Bao-Dur at the end of TSL?

One minute I have my faithful zabrak watching my back, and the next, the Remote pops up with some cryptic holograms and Kreia's like, "wha? Bao-Dur who?". :rolleyes:

Now, I know a lot of content was cut, and I'm far too late to join the cry-about-the-ending party anyway, as the game has been out for quite a while now. This isn't a complaint. This is a desperate plea for some official comment on the story line.

You guys spent months creating a character people could come to care about, only to abruptly leave a huge, baffling chasm where he used to be.

Theory #1 insists Bao-Dur was missing because he was busy repairing the ship from its rough touchdown. It's what I'd like to believe, but doesn't even begin to address Kreia's sudden bout of amnesia during her infamous glimpse-into-the-future speech.

Theory #2 claims he died in the crash on Malachor V. If that's actually true, then... damn. Way to snuff a character without a death scene. Still, it doesn't quite make sense. When would he have had the chance to program and prep the Remote for its part in the final showdown?

Does anyone know if there's official word on this?

It's what I'd like to believe, but doesn't even begin to address Kreia's sudden bout of amnesia during her infamous glimpse-into-the-future speech.

Kreia did say something about not being able to "read" the Iridonian or some such, and that it irritated her :rolleyes:

Sorry, not much help. I would really like to know what happened to my party in the immediate future too.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It's not actually revealed in so many words, but the Exile was supposed to go to Malachor alone. How the Remote, G0-T0, and Mira/Hanharr (I assume he's there if you go DS, similar to Mira when LS) got there is probably more stuff they cut out.

G0-T0 did have a small confrontation with the remote before, but it never really got resolved. G0-T0 zaps the remote, but right away it's working again. One assumes the two are connected. As well as how G0-T0 got the codes for the MSG.

It's not actually revealed in so many words, but the Exile was supposed to go to Malachor alone.  How the Remote, G0-T0, and Mira/Hanharr (I assume he's there if you go DS, similar to Mira when LS) got there is probably more stuff they cut out.

G0-T0 did have a small confrontation with the remote before, but it never really got resolved. G0-T0 zaps the remote, but right away it's working again.  One assumes the two are connected. As well as how G0-T0 got the codes for the MSG.

I actually surmised as much on my second time through. It seemed to me that Bao-Dur had sent remote with you to... watch out for you [?].

Perhaps Mira came because she respected [or loved?] you so much?

And I suppose Goto came because he wanted to make sure you didn't wreck his plans.

I actually surmised as much on my second time through. It seemed to me that Bao-Dur had sent remote with you to... watch out for you [?].

Perhaps Mira came because she respected [or loved?] you so much?

And I suppose Goto came because he wanted to make sure you didn't wreck his plans.

That's all well and good... I mean, I get why Bao-Dur isn't around once you get to the planet's surface. It's the Big Show-Down, and you're on your own. My issue is, if he's not dead (and there are some serious problems with him suddenly being dead, mind you) then why does Kreia completely neglect to mention his future when she does her last-minute plot wrapup?

Obsidian, pleeeeeease... pleeeeeease.... give me closure!