Wierd Camera Bug on Planescape: Torment

Only thing I can think of that's different since my last play through is I installed the Fix-Pack, I have the 2-CD Double Jewel edition, basically what happens, is the camera refuses to pan over the world map after a couple seconds of navigating it. Going into the Map, or any of the other Menu screens fixes it, but only for a couple more seconds, so unless I can figure out how to fix it, I'll either have to switch to Lock-On Character view [a [pain], or be constantly clicking the menu buttons and going back to the game [also a pain].

...ya patched it, didn't ya???...2 cd version doesna need the patch... :thumbsup:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

...ya patched it, didn't ya???...2 cd version doesna need the patch... :thumbsup:

No, no, no. I did that the first time around. If I did that this time, it would mean I couldn't even get the game to run. I installed the FIX-PACK off that one site they linked me to in the other thread. This is frustrating.

...could be...as I's ne'er had a chance ta use the 2 cd version, I can't tell ya fer sure...sorry... :thumbsup:

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

I've heard about this bug before http://www.winterwind-productions.com/foru...opic.php?t=2628 but we never discovered a cause or fix. The only thing I remember was that there at some point was issues with logitech drivers and I.E. games, but then, my memory may be faulty on the subject, never had the issue myself.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Heh, the wireless mouse on the laptop was working fine. This mouse was working before I imported the new saves from my laptop (and it's neither wireless or Logitech). Odd. Computer configuration hasn't changed since the last time I've played. I'll do some virus checking later. My younger sister wants on right now so there's really no time right now.

Well, good luck then :thumbsup:

I'll just ask Pandaman anyway if he ever found a solution to his problem. Sounds like you guys ran into the same thing.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Well, good luck then  :p

I'll just ask Pandaman anyway if he ever found a solution to his problem. Sounds like you guys ran into the same thing.

That would be good, as I'm able to play it for longer on my desktop than my laptop (laptop heats up during lengthy gaming sessions). Still works on the Laptop, befuddled as to why it used to work on my desktop, and nothing's changed since then [hardware/drivers], and now it won't. Ask him if he ever moved the files around too (as in out of the save directory to somewhere else, and back again), as that seems to be the most likely culprit thus far.

Sadly no... :(

Panda, did you ever find a fix for this problem ?

Sadly, no :(

So I've put PS:T on the shelves untill I find a solution or get a new computer/OS/whatever were the problem doesn't occur...

Stupid technology...

You might want to try Whitemithrandirs suggestion, I think you can dig platter up somewhere around here http://www.planescape-torment.org

If you find a fix, I''m pretty sure Panda would appreciate you sharing the solution ;)

My fix was I'm now playing it on my laptop. Unfortunately, I've ran into a bug I never encountered on the Desktop on THAT computer, I'm trying to gain access to the Mortuary to follow up on whatever happened to that Archer dude I used to travel with. I'm a member of the Dustmen faction, so I walk up to to the Guard guy out front, say "I have some questions." Then go with "I'm an Initiate of the Fifth Circle, will you give me access to the Mortuary?", then it goes to the loading screen, and proceeds to crash to the desktop. I've tried restarting the game, I've tried restarting the computer, it always crashes. Is there any other way into the Mortuary?

You guys got nothin' for this other one?

I do seem to remember a bug, when trying to reenter the mortuary...

There was a work around, but it's all from old memory now (never ran into it myself, just reciting what I read elsewhere)... There is a guy, Pox, which you can ask to give you lift into the mortuary, that should "circumvent" the naughty trigger. Of course, it only works if it's that particular bug you are running into. You might want to ask Pox for a ride.

You guys got nothin' for this other one?

I do seem to remember a bug, when trying to reenter the mortuary...

There was a work around, but it's all from old memory now (never ran into it myself, just reciting what I read elsewhere)... There is a guy, Pox, which you can ask to give you lift into the mortuary, that should "circumvent" the naughty trigger. Of course, it only works if it's that particular bug you are running into. You might want to ask Pox for a ride.

Already met Pox, forgot about that way, I'm off to try it now and I'll post later if it doesn't work. Damn shame the portal [Arch-->Tomb] is only one way.