Final Encounter

In this final encounter, me and a friend had played pretty similary, except he had a more powerful character.

So we both go at the final boss and defeat her first time, then she summons her regular three lightsabres.

I was to weak to face them head on, after loading three or four times, I ran around the platform, boosted up and chopped down Kreia alone. My friend used his dark side powers and croaked both the lightsabers and Kreia.

Now, what happened was that he just got the final ending where the ship flies out of Malachor V, while I got a final conversation where I can ask Kreia about every detail on what will happen in the future of every party member I had.

Now, I begun to wonder if people knew this, as I felt the ending was satisfactory, while my friend found it lacking. I told him to do what I did, and he felt it was a lot better ending.

What do you say? Have the whiners on the net done this the wrong way, or...

It is indeed rather strange. After you beat Kreia for the first time she summons the three toothpicks and heals up completely. You flatten the three floaties and suddenly Kreia is again mortally wounded; and after a final chat she keels over and is dead.

So one could probably win this by defeating either the floating lightsabres or Kreia herself (might be quicker), but doing both at the same time probably broke the script for your friend.

Maybe your friend didn't actually try to talk to Kreia?

Weird, because usually at the very least you should get a message and have dialogue options to either just kill her or to listen to the fate of your companions.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Have the whiners on the net done this the wrong way

Well I'm (sort of) an ending whiner and I beat her and had the chat the normal way.

I guess I just didn't expect the LS ending to be so un-LS and lacking in info - but everyone's got their own perference.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Now, what happened was that he just got the final ending where the ship flies out of Malachor V, while I got a final conversation where I can ask Kreia about every detail on what will happen in the future of every party member I had.

I've read about a bug in game where it can skip through cutscenes at breakneck speed if the cutscene is triggered while your character is affected by the 'master speed' force or whatever it's called... maybe it can affect the dialogues too, and that's what happened to your friend? :-

Hmm, I got this strange bug.

I have played KotOR2 through 4 times now. With DS female and DS male, LS female and LS male.

First time I played it with DS female and that was the only time I got that dialogue. Other three times I've never got it. After finishing sabers comes cut scene, where Kreia falls to pit and after that, depending of my chars alingnment what final ending movie I get. That's it.