Good LS Jedi Robes and Sabers

I just made a new jedi in my party, so now I have 3. 2 of us are using both regular sabers and 2 of my 3 short sabers. That leaves the new guy with only a two-handed saber. While I'm not *against* those per se, I'm not real fond of the graphics for them. I'm also short on saber crystals.

So, where can a guy go to get saber parts, particularly crystals, and maybe even buy a few more sabers. I started with the double saber, but have dumped it -- what is there, if anything, that's so good about them? In the first KOTOR, a bug made them better than 2-handed fighting because they didn't apply the two-handed penalties. That's been fixed, though, right?

Also, Jedi Robes. Jedi look cooler in robes, but the ones I have don't look so hot and have crap bonuses. What are good jedi robes to use, and where can I buy or find them? I guess there are probably 4 or 5 really good ones in the game.

Anywho, thanks for any info.

Ossus Keeper Robe--Onderon, either the Museum or as a reward from Talia (maye Vaklu, never played DS)

Norris Robes-Probably Random, but got one on G0-T0's yacht. I think I found a second, but dont remember where.

Crystals--Very random. Usually get one along with the Ossus Robe. The Dantooine cave, of course.

Ossus Keeper Robe--Onderon, either the Museum or as a reward from Talia (maye Vaklu, never played DS)

Norris Robes-Probably Random, but got one on G0-T0's yacht. I think I found a second, but dont remember where.

Crystals--Very random. Usually get one along with the Ossus Robe. The Dantooine cave, of course.

Always withhold your crystals until you go to meet the Council on Dantooine before the end of the game...Those crystals will be among the most powerful in the game if you hold them :(

As for robes, I always go for the Jal Shey Mentor Armor, upgrade it with either Energy Shielding 4 or the Stealth/Dex Overlay, and the Bio underlay mark 5 for +3 regen and +3 CON :)

Robes are good for Underlays, but not overlays. I usually used the Biorestorative. Mark III until I got the Mark V. The Norris robes provide energy resist on their own. And I always take Master Energy Resistance.

Lightsaber parts are also quite random, but if you have the skills, you can build them at a workbench.

The Scavenger at Enclave Courtyard - Dantooine has a few crystals and various other parts for a lightsaber. Go and rescue Jorran in the Enclave sublevel and he'll sell you a few jedi stuff for a 1000 credits.

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

Always withhold your crystals until you go to meet the Council on Dantooine before the end of the game...Those crystals will be among the most powerful in the game if you hold them :(

What do you mean? I haven't noticed anything happening to crystals at that meeting. What have I missed?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Robes are good for Underlays, but not overlays. I usually used the Biorestorative.  Mark III until I got the Mark V.  The Norris robes provide energy resist on their own. And I always take Master Energy Resistance.

Lightsaber parts are also quite random, but if you have the skills, you can build them at a workbench.

I always build twin sabers, the leading saber has Pontite Lens, Expert Fencing Emitter, and Ultimate Dia. Cell...Second saber has the Master Deflection Lens (forget the name), Expert Deflection Emitter, and Ultimate Diatium Cell...

Combine that with the tier-two deflection feat and Master Energy Resist, there is not a blaster in the universe that can touch me, and Lightsabers almost bounce off me :(

I always use Jal Shey Mentor for the CHA and WIS bonuses (main reason being the Alaric is a Guardian/Marauder, and I need him to have a high FP, I usually get the build up to 750HP/600FP by the end), I just load them up with the best energy shielding overlay and the max bio underlay...I slap another duplicate armor onto my favorite partner-Jedi for the game, and Dark Jedi Master robes onto Kreia with the maximum Bio underlay...Make as close to a duplicate Saber for Kreia as my own, then turn around and give my Jedi ally the Prototype Vibro Double-Blade with full upgrades, Force Redirect, and max-out Master Energy Resist...

It's almost impossible to defeat my team with the power-builds I always use, and even if the enemy could, I turn around and slap them aside with my own godly PC build...It's so pathetic how I always beat this game's retard AI all the time...I don't even give the AI a single chance to attack :)

What do you mean? I haven't noticed anything happening to crystals at that meeting. What have I missed?

Oh, well, you see, the crystals in those caves are RANDOMLY generated, and if you withhold obtaining them until the end of the game, the items generated will be a higher quality to match your higher levels :)

I ran into something interesting in my latest jaunt through the game.

There's one overlay that works with robes. It's the Armor Ply Mark II or something like that. It's the one that gives you +1 Reflex and +4 Stealth.

I use the maximum Armorply, at times :p

However, I use the Prestige Class Robes&Items pack, and I get some very kewl class-specific Armored Robes that can equip the Bonded Plates Mark 4 and of course the Bioregen Mark 5 :)

Whether Light or Dark you can steal that robe and everything else in the Museum. If you're Light and steal 'em, Talia just says something like "I was going to give you...as a reward...but the (opposition) broke in and looted the musem."

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Just in case someone doesn't already know...

Remove your *personal crystal from your lightsabre after each level-up and visit Kreia to ask her about it. Every few levels (perhaps only after Attribute increases) she will re-tune your crystal, increasing its properties.

Your last opportunity for a Kreia crystal consultation is before completing your fourth world. I think that means before entering Jek Jek Tarr on Nar; the Tomb on Korr; the Onderon throneroom; or before finalising the defence of Khoonda on Dant.

* The personal crystal is the one found in the Dantooine cave.

Crystals--Very random. [...] The Dantooine cave, of course.

Always withhold your crystals until you go to meet the Council on Dantooine before the end of the game...Those crystals will be among the most powerful in the game if you hold them :devil:

The problem is that there are very few powerful non-DS crystals in the game. The best is probably Pontite with 1d10 dmg, +2 CHA and even the better among the rest have only 4 avg damage or less. And there is no guarantee that you'll find one of them in the cave even if you go there at level 30, which is about the highest possible level for that location unless you exploit glitches.

But if you go there late then you'll get your pet crystal late and you probably won't be able to upgrade it more than once (if at all). And a nicely upgraded pet crystal is more useful than any other crystal. I never managed to upgrade it fully - the best I've gotten is 'glows brilliantly' - but even so it is nice: 4 dmg, +4 STR, +5 WIS. The STR bonus translates to an extra 3 damage on the main hand, so this is better than even the Pontite crystal (5.5 avg dmg) and any extra WIS/CHA is always welcome, for swatting flies.

The real power for lightsabres comes from upgrades anyway, as Alaric has described.

P.S.: I have never found out how the pet crystal upgrading works. If the upgrade is tied to your attributes/level and not to the number of upgrades done then Kreia can upgrade it 'fully' even if you go there as late as possible. This would be about lvl 29 since Kreia clams up once you have met all the masters and then you can't upgrade your pet crystal anymore. I'll make a new topic for this.

Crystals--Very random. [...] The Dantooine cave, of course.

Always withhold your crystals until you go to meet the Council on Dantooine before the end of the game...Those crystals will be among the most powerful in the game if you hold them :devil:

The problem is that there are very few powerful non-DS crystals in the game. The best is probably Pontite with 1d10 dmg, +2 CHA and even the better among the rest have only 4 avg damage or less. And there is no guarantee that you'll find one of them in the cave even if you go there at level 30, which is about the highest possible level for that location unless you exploit glitches.

But if you go there late then you'll get your pet crystal late and you probably won't be able to upgrade it more than once (if at all). And a nicely upgraded pet crystal is more useful than any other crystal. I never managed to upgrade it fully - the best I've gotten is 'glows brilliantly' - but even so it is nice: 4 dmg, +4 STR, +5 WIS. The STR bonus translates to an extra 3 damage on the main hand, so this is better than even the Pontite crystal (5.5 avg dmg) and any extra WIS/CHA is always welcome, for swatting flies.

The real power for lightsabres comes from upgrades anyway, as Alaric has described.

Combine your pet with Kaiburr :p

I ran into something interesting in my latest jaunt through the game.

There's one overlay that works with robes. It's the Armor Ply Mark II or something like that. It's the one that gives you +1 Reflex and +4 Stealth.

I use the maximum Armorply, at times :devil:

However, I use the Prestige Class Robes&Items pack, and I get some very kewl class-specific Armored Robes that can equip the Bonded Plates Mark 4 and of course the Bioregen Mark 5 :p

Hmm... with regular robes the Mark II was the only overlay I could get to work. As a test I created one of each armor upgrade and the Armorply Mark II was the only one it would let me use.

Combine your pet with Kaiburr :devil:

Stats, please. Isn't Kaiburr the crystal you get for the dark side option with the open visa on Onderon?

Nope...Kaiburr is random, no alignments needed...Kaiburr gives +3 STR, +3 CON, +3 DEX :D

Hehehe...There is another crystal that gives +3 to the mental attributes and +3 to force regen...

Kaiburr is random, no alignments needed...Kaiburr gives +3 STR, +3 CON, +3 DEX :D

Doesn't look very useful except perhaps for the bit of CON, which can help survive mishaps in boss fights (like when <youknowwho> immobilizes you with Kill while the three lightsabres are slashing away at you :lol:).

Kaiburr is random, no alignments needed...Kaiburr gives +3 STR, +3 CON, +3 DEX :D

Doesn't look very useful except perhaps for the bit of CON, which can help survive mishaps in boss fights (like when Kreia immobilizes you with Kill while the three lightsabres are slashing away at you :lol:).

Ah, but it's great in your off-hand, when you combine all of these attribute bonuses, you can get like +12 to your physicals if you use certain other pieces of equipment :D

I have never found the Kaiburr crystal but the only likely place to find a lot of crystals are on Dantooine in the sublevel of the enclave and off course the Crystal Cave. I myself always wait until I get at least level 24 before I go to Dantooine.

A good trick to gain levels is to place 15 mines on top of each other in "Area 1", then go to "Area 2", and then go back to "Area 1" to disarm the Mines. If your demolition skill is not high enough have Atton / Bao Dur or Mira disarm them for you. Also make sure that Kreia is in your party since this will gain you more Xp per disarmed mine.

Okay, I have never seen any lightsabers for sale at a merchant. Key places to find / get them from are:

1) Dark Jedi remains

2) Nar Shaddaa: Hussef / Lootra

3) Visas

4) Dantooine: Jorran (1300 credits) / Vrook

5) Dxun: Mandalore

6) Onderon: Dhagon Gent

7) Korriban: Vash

There might be more, but this is what I remember now. It's also highly recommended to save before you speak to one of these persons, they do not give you a particular model by default and after you receive a saber it's more than likely you will receive a different one the next load.

Never sell / break down a Lightsaber. It's not worth it.

Crystals:

Crystals I truly like to have are:

Opila / Upari / Sapith / Ultima Pearl and besides my personal crystal I would place the Ankarres Saphire at the 1st place. Critical Hits are not to difficult to make in this game and the Ankarres Saphire can truly damage your opponents.

Crystals are for sale at quiet a few merchants.

Robes:

Well, In the Korriban tomb if you are LS I would equip a Jedi Knight Robe / Dark Jedi Night Robe or Grey robe since these will regenarate your force points and are upgradable. The best robe I have found however is the Ossus Keeper robe since it gives so many bonusses and is upgradable.

I have yet to find though which Overlays can be fitted on a Robe. As far as I know I equip them with Armorply plating Mark II. Gives you a nice Stealth and Reflex bonus. I couldn't find more useful Overlays.

Underlays?

Biorestorative Mark V

Hope this is sufficient.

Master Vandar lives!

The problem is that there are very few powerful non-DS crystals in the game.

The Barab Ore Ingot is probably the most damaging with 2-16 fire.

I think Qixoni is the only DS crystal in the game and it provides only 5 damage and +1 FP regen. It's what the shady lady in the Onderon cantina will swap for a starport visa.

Hmm... with regular robes the Mark II was the only overlay I could get to work. As a test I created one of each armor upgrade and the Armorply Mark II was the only one it would let me use.

Yeah, I think it might be a bug. Hard to believe, I know. :lol:

Trayus Academy can also yield nice crystal drops, and at that point in time you are as high-level as can get. :lol: There is a workbench in the Proving Grounds, so it doesn't matter that you cannot summon T3 to your side.

Sion tends to drop outlandish crystals/gems/pearls and a couple games ago one was actually useful: a Barab Ore Ingot with 2d6 dmg.

(...Kaiburr with +3 CON etc...)

Ah, but it's great in your off-hand, when you combine all of these attribute bonuses, you can get like +12 to your physicals if you use certain other pieces of equipment :D

If you use a double-bladed lightsabre instead then you automatically multiply your STR bonus by 1.5 for main hand attacks, in addition to the +2 higher base damage. That's an extra guaranteed 5 x (8+2) = 50 damage per round just for using the right sabre. So, unless you're into criticals the double-bladed sabre is a really attractive option. Compared to a two-sabre setup you'll lose the extra stat/deflection/defense boosts from your off-hand sabre but if you play a damage-dealing Guardian then you won't need them anyway (I mean even if you were not allowed to switch weapons during a fight). Just a thought. :D

Whether Light or Dark you can steal that robe and everything else in the Museum. If you're Light and steal 'em, Talia just says something like "I was going to give you...as a reward...but the (opposition) broke in and looted the musem."

I was refering to them as a rewaard. Yeah, anybody can steal them.