Never underestimate a Cannok

Fighting a Cannok on Telos one of them proved that they are not to be taken lightly. They may appear to be dumb animals but they are apparantly smart enough to use medpacks!

One of them used a medpack on themselves and boosted themselves back to full health! I couldnt believe it!

I know that they are considered 'the gizka of duxun', but they are smart if they figured out how to use medpacks..... and they have no fingers either. And why do they carry grenades around with them? You find a whole bunch of weapons on their corpses.......

This makes the Cannoks more dangerous than Nihilus , he never used a health booster, nor did Traya for that matter...

This happened to me once, too. It was... unsettling.

But I guess that cannok just swallowed a random medpack, and when you wounded it, you broke the seal and the kolto leaked out. Or something.

I've got grenades off the corpses of cannoks before. By the same reasoning, they really should have exploded during combat. This might have made me respect the cannoks more, although they will always be gizka-wannabes.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I know that they are considered 'the gizka of duxun', but they are smart if they figured out how to use medpacks..... and  they have no fingers either.  And why do they carry grenades around with them? You find a whole bunch of weapons on their corpses.......

It is explaned that Cannoks eat "everything lying around"

That's why you find grenades, blasters, lightsaber crystals, armor and such in Cannocks.

They made a real fun mission with this fact (if you completed the game already you know which one I mean.

And about the Medpack Cannock, never seen that, but I did find a Cannock on Telos who was about 4x thougher than all the other Cannocks.

(And I did hear the "Medpack used" sound ones when fighting a Cannock, thought a TM used it (could still be))

The idea of gutting a Cannock in order to scavenge a grenade is unsettling. Put on that rebreather mask first. Peee-eew.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Sort of how in Gothic 2 you find "raw meat" on animal AND human foes.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Fighting a Cannok on Telos one of them proved that they are not to be taken lightly. They may appear to be dumb animals but they are apparantly smart enough to use medpacks!

One of them used a medpack on themselves and boosted themselves back to full health! I couldnt believe it!

I know that they are considered 'the gizka of duxun', but they are smart if they figured out how to use medpacks..... and  they have no fingers either.  And why do they carry grenades around with them? You find a whole bunch of weapons on their corpses.......

This makes the Cannoks more dangerous than Nihilus , he never used a health booster, nor did Traya for that matter...

when this happened to me it mad me made so i used force lighting like 12 times :devil:

I don't know whether they should be using medpacks, but enemies having completely inexplicable loot on them is a proud RPG tradition.

Just like the old "run through other people's rooms taking things from their containers with impunity" principle.

I've been a fan of nonsense loot ever since I bought Asheron's Call 1, killed a Reedshark and found it had a hat and shoes on it. Well, at least Reedsharks have taste in fashion. :lol:

I don't know whether they should be using medpacks, but enemies having completely inexplicable loot on them is a proud RPG tradition.

Just like the old "run through other people's rooms taking things from their containers with impunity" principle.

The new Bards Tale game comments on both of those. :D

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Actually, so did one of the inhabitants of one the apartments too on Telos... I almost dropped my lower jaw when a guy complained about me looting his apartment :thumbsup:

Can't really remember if there was a lot of looting innocent peoples stuff in Kotor2...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Actually, so did one of the inhabitants of one the apartments too on Telos... I almost dropped my lower jaw when a guy complained about me looting his apartment  :thumbsup:

Can't really remember if there was a lot of looting innocent peoples stuff in Kotor2...

Yeah, but that guy just confronts you for entering his apartment, essentially. Once the conversations over, you can hang around looting all you want.

Yeah, but that guy just confronts you for entering his apartment, essentially.  Once the conversations over, you can hang around looting all you want.

Heh, didn't notice that because he always shows up after I've emptied his box. This is usually the first DS I get on Telos when showing him the error of stopping an armed thief.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Well in KotOR I, you can kill a Rancor by getting it to eat a grenade, so why wouldnt a Cannock die?

As for random treasure, I've found Spear +2 on wizards and spell scrolls on fighters (BGII), Padawan Robes on dead miners and credits on Turrets (KotOR II), etc. Money on Undead creatures is always good. Not like they can just walk into town and buy stuff

As for random treasure, I've found Spear +2 on wizards and spell scrolls on fighters (BGII), Padawan Robes on dead miners and credits on Turrets (KotOR II), etc.  Money on Undead creatures is always good.  Not like they can just walk into town and buy stuff

Reminds me of my time on GO-TO's ship, EVERY turret had an armor inside (one even a Jedi Robe)