1. 1. Greatest war?

• Hyperspace Wars
    • Mandalorian Wars
    • Sith Wars
    • Clone Wars
    • Star Wars
    • other (explain)

And you also forgot the most popular war: The Empire vs the Rebels. :devil:

This was the best war to me since they had all that technology like At-At's, the vehicles in Battlefront, Death Star, Star Destroyer, etc. However the end result of the war absolutely sucked.

On the list however i'd say Clone Wars.

You forgot Jedi Civil War.

The Jedi Civil War is often called the Second Sith War. And seeing as how one of the choices above is Sith Wars, I think it's safe to assume that the Jedi Civil War would belong under there.

Voted "Other"

There is nothing Great about wars.

You can have the war involving most troops and material or the war of most significant consequences or the costliest in lives etc. but great ? Not really :rolleyes:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I don't think they called World War II the Great War because it was fun.

"Two, four, six, eight, Homer's crime was very great....Great meaning 'large or immense,' we used it in the pejorative sense." --Crowd of protestors.

Voted "Other"

There is nothing Great about wars.

You can have the war involving most troops and material or the war of most significant consequences or the costliest in lives etc. but great ? Not really  :wub:

"Contrary to what you have just seen, war is niether glamourous nor fun. There are no winners; only losers. There are no good wars, with the following exceptions: the American Revolution, World War II and the Star Wars Trilogy." --Bart Simpson.

BTW, as for "forgot Empire vs Rebels" I assume that's what they were reffering to with the choice of "Star Wars"

"Contrary to what you have just seen, war is niether glamourous nor fun.  There are no winners; only losers. There are no good wars, with the following exceptions: the American Revolution, World War II and the Star Wars Trilogy."  --Bart Simpson.

Behold the wisdom of the Simpsons (which is surprisingly profound sometimes) :D

This topic is fundamentally flawed.

No matter what the intention was, the result is going to be a "War of The Wor(l)ds" :p

Edit: Just to be a good sport and on-topic, I'll say "Star Wars" although I can't change my vote anymore. Without "Star Wars", there would'n't have been any SW universe, nor the EU nor the Kotors and other games.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Well, there's Descent: FreeSpace - The Great War. Or maybe it was FreeSpace: The Great War. Naturally it only resulted in FreeSpace 2 and an even bigger war curiously not named The Greater War.

The Great Sith War, it has to be my fav.. I hated the Galactic Civil War, and the Clone Wars.. and all what the Jedi Civil War, and the Mandalorian wars was about, was the Sith War before it, they all tried to pick up from where they left off, the Mandalorians, the Sith.. etc.

And the Hyperspace wars just sucked

Shane Tyduk

Some awesome title name here

"If you sharpen a knife to its limits,

you run the risk of cutting your own

hand. The knife has no choice but to

be as sharp as you made it."

And you also forgot the most popular war: The Empire vs the Rebels. :wub:

This was the best war to me since they had all that technology like At-At's, the vehicles in Battlefront, Death Star, Star Destroyer, etc. However the end result of the war absolutely sucked.

On the list however i'd say Clone Wars.

Empire Vs. Rebels war was "Star Wars" lol

Well, there's Descent: FreeSpace - The Great War. Or maybe it was FreeSpace: The Great War. Naturally it only resulted in FreeSpace 2 and an even bigger war curiously not named The Greater War.

Yeah, it got split into the "NTF Rebellion" and the "Battle of Capella." Sort of a rip-off for poor Bosch in the history books :)

Nay, the scale of Thrawn's crusade was too small.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.