Do you guys belive they actually started to work

on a patch and it somehow got lost along the way, or was it just talk to calm some of the more disappointed posters that was on the forum a few months ago?

i mean the "patch is coming soon" message has been on the frontpage for more than a month now, it's not even funny anymore...

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

I can wait even two months but only if they will eliminate all bugs and return cut content

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Guest Dowie100

this is a bloody joke

This week the patch was ready to be released but its still not out

Soon to me means within two weeks

This has gone on too long, I no longer trust Lucasarts or Obsidian

The situation is completely ridiculous

WTF IS UP WITH TESTING THE PATCH FOR TWO MONTHS WHEN THE GAME ITSELF WASNT TESTED AT ALL, WTF IS UP WITH THAT

oops lost my temper, I am giving them one week, then I am going to return Kotor2, this is bull****, and complete disregard of customers, even False Advertising

WTF IS UP WITH TESTING THE PATCH FOR TWO MONTHS WHEN THE GAME ITSELF WASNT TESTED AT ALL, WTF IS UP WITH THAT

You think that's bad? Try a year and a half. That's the time it took Blizzard for Diablo 2's 1.10 patch.

Meh. The patch'll be here (hopefully soon). Until then, I've got me a bunch of mods to spice up my Kotor2 gaming.

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

I wonder if testing the new games is taking up LA's time. Sensible from their POV that you make sure something new and unsold is working before you focus on something that has already had its 15 minutes of fame.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I wonder if testing the new games is taking up LA's time. Sensible from their POV that you make sure something new and unsold is working before you focus on something that has already had its 15 minutes of fame.

More than likely that's where their priorities are. With the Episode III game coming out soon, I'm thinking that Lucasarts is concentrating all their efforts on that game and will "get around to" the TSL patch when the Episode III game has been released.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

With the Episode III game coming out soon, I'm thinking that Lucasarts is concentrating all their efforts on that game and will "get around to" the TSL patch when the Episode III game has been released.

Obsidian have said 'soon', so I would guess that LucasArts told Obsidian 'soon'. If the patch doesn't come out until after Episode III (May?), that will hit Obsidian's credibility with fans of Kotor 2, and suggest that relations between the two companies are very bad. I don't think this is the case - they've got through the bad publicity over the cut ending without any cracks appearing between their positions, so they're probably on good terms.

As for what's delaying the patch, first it was GDC, now it's Easter (I assume that's a holiday in the US?). Plus I think LucasArts is trying to do what they failed to do before the game was released, which is to make it stable on a range of common PC configurations. This isn't something that Obsidian would be able to do, as they don't have the resources. LucasArts is taking its time and getting it right. Stop laughing.

It does suggest that this will be the final patch, though.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

It takes months to test a patch as usually the entire team at Oblivion have to do the patch and even then there are revisions all the time and testing to see if the bug works and if theres conflicts and more testing. And then if LA does require QA then they are testing all over again to make sure its all sorted so that takes a few more months. And then it can be released. Oh and dont forget the inital making of the patch which also takes months with the entire dev team.

I am comparing patch making with other games. And I am not saying im right but its what i believe happens in most cases.

Then there is sometimes the problem that publishers dont issue patches as it costs too much.

Do you guys belive they actually started to work?

Obsidian has said multiple times that the patch has been started, finished and already sent off to L.A. - and that there's nothing on Obsidian's part that's holding the release back. So if you need to vent, I suggest you take your dispute to the folks at Lucas Arts. To comment otherwise (especially with such fantastically ludicrous beliefs), is just a waste of space, and a waste of time. :wub:

manthing2.jpg

I doubt that a patch will do any good anyway,This game has be a dissapointment in almost every department to me..shame since i had so high hopes that Obsidian would create something decent out of Biowares weak forray into the SW universe...insted Obsidian seem to have enlarged every mistake Bioware made by order of magnitude..from the Story(thats not really a sw story at all) to the Diablofication to every aspect of the gameplay (skill/feats/items).

I wonder..why make a rpg game when you really want to make a exp/item hunt set in space?

Why make a SW game and then create a story that dosen't fit nor belong in the sw universe?

I doubt that a patch will do any good anyway,This game has be a dissapointment in almost every department to me..shame since i had so high hopes that Obsidian would create something decent out of Biowares weak forray into the SW universe...insted Obsidian seem to have enlarged every mistake Bioware made by order of magnitude..from the Story(thats not really a sw story at all) to the Diablofication to  every aspect of the gameplay (skill/feats/items).

I wonder..why make a rpg game when you really want to make a exp/item hunt set in space?

Why make a SW game and then create a story that dosen't fit nor belong in the sw universe?

Well, it has alot to do with StarWars, its just there hasn't been any movies in this time period.

If you don't like the game, don't play it and don't ***** about it.

I thought Diablo II was great and Kotor I & II were great also, even though they have rather done a bad job with them. lol

I love Space Based RPGs, i just hate the fact that all of them are heading to Pay 2 Play which is really stupid.

If Kotor III became a pay 2 play (which it won't) i wouldn't even think of buying it. (pay 2 plays are a waste of money because once the dudes updating and maintaining the servers decide to stop support, you are screwed.)

Anyway, stop bitching about the game, if you don't like it, don't play it and don't moan about your dislike of it.

"You guys have some pretty high standards for the completion time of a patch, or maybe I'm somewhat ignorant to how patches are handled these days.

Regardless, patience is a virtue. "

It's nearing 2 months since the game has been released without patch. Sorry, unless this patch is gonn abe huge or if LA has found soime major bugs within the patch; it is obvious both companies are dragging their feet on it. Chances are that by the time the patch is released, most people would have simply moved on. Heck, KOTOR2 is now officially off my computer. And, for some reason, I doubt I'm alone in that.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Heck, KOTOR2 is now officially off my computer. And, for some reason, I doubt I'm alone in that.

nope, you're far from alone. i had to make room on the pc for my daughters barbie game. i didn't give it a second thought as to what was going to get the axe to make the hard drive space. it won't see the light of day again unless restored content is a part of the patch. which i highly doubt.

You guys have some pretty high standards for the completion time of a patch, or maybe I'm somewhat ignorant to how patches are handled these days.

Regardless, patience is a virtue. :-

You think that's bad? Try a year and a half. That's the time it took Blizzard for Diablo 2's 1.10 patch.

Meh. The patch'll be here (hopefully soon). Until then, I've got me a bunch of mods to spice up my Kotor2 gaming.

Maybe they are taking there time testing it because of all the crap they got from there forums about how buggy it was :-"

Its so refreshing to hear the voice of reason. And as for Diablo 2, as I remember I bought the game second hand over a YEAR after it was released, and I still had to wait 4 months for a patch that got it working on my CD-Rom. Did I get my knickers ina twist? Nope. I just sat back, cos when they said, 'its done when its done'. I figured 'Well, you know, they probably *are* dealing with all the issues that need fixing, and i trust them if they have that answer, that they are probably gonna do a good job of it.. Ok...I suppose I could find something else to do with my life than pace around my room figuring out ways to berate them in a forum over how much my life has been ruined by this.'

And YES. It is crap that a game has been released before it was ready, but welcome to the world of market research and seasonal sales targets and all that bull****. Its the way things are, and berating the companies that are as much beholden to this way of business as we the customers are is not going to change that. It goes much deeper.

Basically what I'm suggesting is a revolution. Its gotta be more productive than floating around these forums for the rest of our lives. At the very least i feel we should take this further and write to our MPs or Governors saying they ought to do something about the way the world really sucks right now, and 'yes i know there's problems in Africa right now, but please get your priorities right and do something about the software industry.'

Last one to bring society crashing down is a rotten egg.

Who's with me? :D